Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow! that's cool. great minds think alike, I guess. mine looks more crude than your's though. incidently, can I see a less-grainy pic of that? and maybe the whole gun?

Ask and ye shall recieve.

gallery_23328_1012_54263.jpg

Sorry no better close up shots. The only differences are where we mounted the inert rounds. I have a second bar further in. Also mine is made outa plastic. It was a piece off of a computer fan shroud. Just get some paint on yours and it'll be kickin.

wow, that's very cool! I'm guessing it's a bim4, no? you should make a box mag to go with that. also, I really like the allen screws on your's a ton more than the ones on mine, I think, when I go to the hardware store, I'll pick up a few. lastly, your inert's are upside-down, flip 'em over. nice shrike.

Yeah, just a lowly Bim4, until I decide what AEG I'll build up for a support role. I have a boxmag built, but I'm redoing it. Making it come further up the magwell to resemble the real shrike a tiny bit more. I know the rounds are flipped but they were easier to clip on this way. This is wall candy for now.

On the subject of Armalites, a few new pictures of mine with Crane stock and Rico:

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4113/1da3.jpg[/img

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/355/2wa4.jpg[/img

A pic with some gear:

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/7639/3ei2.jpg[/img

Heres a tip, dont buy a star crane stock. Right pain in the *albartroth*. Had to resolder the battery that came with it, because the genius testing department at Star didn't think to bother to test the resistance of the thin pieces of tin they use as wire along the side fo the battery. Turns out they can't pass any current through them at all, so it would be more helpful using string. Anywho, here after much swearing and duck tape is the battery!

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3425/4uc8.jpg[/img

Any comments appreciated, but I think shes just about done!

Hey, I have nearly the exact same build, rofl. 14.5" with CASV and a Rico Alpha. Only differences is I have a Guarder body and a G/P crane stock lol. Right now I'm contemplating on my optic, either an EOTech or the G/P ACOG. I was wondering if the elevation from the CASV makes targetting with the ACOG uncomfortable? Can you still rest your cheek on the stock even with all that elevation, it seems a tad too high to be comfy.

img0062jg9.jpg

Here is my Mk 12 Mod 1. All Im really feeling I need is probably a different grip and I'm done.

CA Base

Systema M120 Spring

Systema Piston and piston head

Systema Bucking

Mad Bull 6.03mm Tightbore cut down from M16 to SPR length

9.6v 3300 MAH Battery

KA Mk 12 barrel

KA QD Bi Pod mount and sling mount

Rock Mount 6-9" Bi Pod

ACOG Red dot :P and some OE Tech 3 pt sling which isnt pictured.

Sorry for crappy pic, its late, Ill post better tomorrow in daylight if anyone wants.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9031/img0062jg9.jpg[/img

Here is my Mk 12 Mod 1. All Im really feeling I need is probably a different grip and I'm done.

CA Base

Systema M120 Spring

Systema Piston and piston head

Systema Bucking

Mad Bull 6.03mm Tightbore cut down from M16 to SPR length

9.6v 3300 MAH Battery

KA Mk 12 barrel

KA QD Bi Pod mount and sling mount

Rock Mount 6-9" Bi Pod

ACOG Red dot :P and some OE Tech 3 pt sling which isnt pictured.

Sorry for crappy pic, its late, Ill post better tomorrow in daylight if anyone wants.

Post more pics, how did you get your delta ring off, you use an AR wrench?

Milla, easiest way get your delta ring off, take the fore grips off, knock out the front sight pins and remove front sight, put the foregrips backinto the delta ring, and twist them. Thats the way I found out how to remove mine, after much head scratching! :)

Edited by mremerica
Milla, easiest way get your delta ring off, take the fore grips off, knock out the front sight pins and remove front sight, put the foregrips backinto the delta ring, and twist them. Thats the way I found out how to remove mine, after much head scratching!  :)

Thats ingenious!

+1

Edited by Milla

Alright guys, here's a quick glance at my next project, it's almost done.

m4pistol.jpg

It's 3 months in the making, just on my spare time between classes, etc. Started out as spare parts, now is getting closer to the M4 pistol I want it to be. Uses a real steel fake can (mock silencer) and handguard, and the buffer tube is completely custom and still in the works.

Now THAT is what a custom AEG is all about. Shoots on semi and full auto and is still stock, and I intend it to be that way. Talk about a nice sidearm for Mr. M15a4t:

m15-1.jpg

Which has already gone under some changes like a new bipod and scope.

Tell me what ya think!

Mobaar