Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have built the same Rifle i am right in the middle of. I just dont have my ACE stock yet. It is in the mail though. :)

DSC03678.jpg

What are your internals for yours??

Very nice by the way. I must say i like your style. :)

Hey guys im putting my m4 back together and I need a little help cause im a noob. Ok so im putting the mag catch back in a tokyo marui gun which side does the spring go on? The side with the tab to release the mag or the other side that gets pushed out as you push the tab?

Slide the long piece in first, hold that in place. Then put the spring on the other side through the opening. Once the spring is in there, screw the 'button' side on

Anyone have any SPRs? MK12s? or anything, lets see some.

Here is an interesting little fact, when you pair a M16 or M4 with an ACOG like the Marines did in Fallujah, they were scoring so many head shots they actually brought an investigative team in to make sure they weren't executing the terrorists. Just to find out all the head shots were from far away.

Haha, I have a very good buddy of mine that served 2 tours in Iraq (USMC) who told me the same thing!

I've got 3 ARs currently.

JG M733, CA/TM M16a2 and a G&P/Systema SAM-R

Its been a 10 months since I was in Iraq, but the M249 stocks discussed a few pages back were extremely popular, but hard to get. I saw several in PMC hands, 1 with a Marine PFC and several in Army hands. Everyone I talked to loved the stock though.

The JG is getting a G&P M733 body and a 2roy M203, the SAM-R is getting a G&P FN receiver and the M16a2 is up for sale to help offset the M249 my wife doesn't know about yet. :o

SAM-R2.jpg

M7332.jpg

M16a2.jpg

Edited by ndfirespider
No disrespect intended, but just out of curiosity, what experience has made you come up with this conclusion?

I currently own 3 pistols, a Kimber TLE/RL II, Sig P220ST, and Colt MkIV/Series 80 - all .45 pistols. The Kimber, completely unmodded, has had parts fail on me literally while shooting (after about 200 rounds). I've purchased the Colt 2nd hand in the late 80's and I've had very very few issues with it given how old it is and how many rounds its fired (I did have the trigger pull adjusted professionally and has given me some problems). My Sig is by far the most comfortable to shoot, most reliable, and probably the most accurate in my hands.

However, I personally would not say Colt is 2nd rate company given my Series 80 is almost 20 years old and is functioning nearly flawlessly. I wouldn't even say Kimber is 2nd rate even with my bad experiences with my TLE - their customer services is top notch (unlike a certain German manufacturer who can give 2 sh1ts about their customers).

Whatever...I suppose you are entitled to your opinion.

EDIT: btw I use Federal on all 3, all the time :)

I haven't got a Firearms liscence yet so I base my opinion on handguns I've tried and shooters I've talked to at my not so local shooting club.. thingie.

The Colts I've handled have all hand poor slide to frame fit and not been very accurate(And yes, I do know that slide to frame fit has nothing to do with accuracy)

The few Springfields and Kimbers I've tried had good slide to frame fit, none of them rattled and they were pretty accurate.

You may think this is too little to base an opinion on, but I've made up my mind and the only way for that to change is for Colt to come up with something new and decent.

:flamed:

You have built the same Rifle i am right in the middle of. I just dont have my ACE stock yet. It is in the mail though. :)

DSC03678.jpg

What are your internals for yours??

Very nice by the way. I must say i like your style. :)

Externals

HurricanE HKM4D reciever (s.nr. T008107)

Madbull JP-15 12" front with 20" outer barrel

Landarms Ace stock

Magpul PTS MIAD grip

Magpul enhanced trigger guard

EO-Tech model 551

Internals

G&P 7mm gearbox

Systema 7mm ball bearings

Guarder main spring (PM me for specifications)

systema gears ZS-02-10

Systema spring guide

Systema type 0 cylinder

Prometheus aero cylinder head

Systema silent piston head

Systema Airseal nozzle

Guarder tappedplate

1,5mm^2 wires

MP-Jet 3,5mm connectors

TM EG-1000 motor

Systema Hop-up

Madbull 60 Degree Normal hop-up bucking

Big Out Sector gear clip

KM 509mm tight bore barrel

It runs on a costom 9.6v battery build from ELITE1500 cells and with the fuse removed.

Edited by eel one [COE]
I haven't got a Firearms liscence yet so I base my opinion on handguns I've tried and shooters I've talked to at my not so local shooting club.. thingie.

The Colts I've handled have all hand poor slide to frame fit and not been very accurate(And yes, I do know that slide to frame fit has nothing to do with accuracy)

The few Springfields and Kimbers I've tried had good slide to frame fit, none of them rattled and they were pretty accurate.

I agree, it is way too little to base an opinion on (also, I suggest not to start with a 45 as a first pistol to own)

Also, I'm probably ignorant and don't quite understand what you mean by "slide to frame fit". If your slide is not fitting your frame, or your slide is loose, you have a bigger problem (in my opinion, NOTHING inside your pistol should ever be loose). Has the weapon been customized, how many rounds fired through it, and most important, what brand of ammo did you use (I suggest NEVER use reloaded rounds, no matter how good the company claims they are...analogous to reusing a BB)?

How many FTEject's did you have with your Kimber? If I recall correctly, my first failure on my brand new Kimber with their new external extractor was very very low, possibly about after 100 or 150 rounds (compared to well over 700 or 800 rounds through my SIG before any failure...I always use Federal). I know that the military uses internal ones as Kimber's external is a POS.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Colt is the end all and be all, but suggesting to you that they are not as bad as you feel they are. Whatever...

My SPR's

DSCF0022.jpg