What are you currently reading?

Chimpy

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished "Thud" by Terry Prattchet- Not as good as the earlier guards books, "Guards Guards" by Terry Prattchet- Great book havent read it in years but still one of the best.

Currently reading - "Nightwatch" by surprise surprise Terry Prattchet, I think this is possibly the best book of the Watch series, just that little bit darker than the rest.

Next read - The assassin's apprentice by Robin Hobb, I love this book! the folllowing eight books are fantastic, if your into your fantasy these are definately worth a read.

Right, full list of what I'm reading right now:

Jean-Jacques Rousseau - Confessions. *beep*. Avoid. Prototype of modern autobiography. Introspective wank.

Italo Svevo - Zeno's Conscience. Apparently one of the best comic novels of the 20th century, but I'm not seeing it. There's something about it that irritates me but i can't quite put my finger on it.

Carol-Ann Duffy - The World's Wife. This is a book of Feminist poetry that I'm reading for my Comparative Lit course (as are the two above) but by contrast this is far more enjoyable. It's feminist poetry, with the narrative voice coming from female counterparts to famous male figures of myth, literature and history. I've only skimmed over it so far but I look forward to reading it in depth.

Virginia Woolf - A room of one's own. Also for Comparative Lit. Feminist essay on the literary female. Could be interesting, haven't got too far into it yet.

Irvine Welsh - Trainspotting. I'm starting to see this having some parrallels with Zeno's conscience in the form of the element of addiction that runs through both novels. I love this book, there's something so pungent and absorbing about it that it's hard to put down. It's all written in Scots using an Edinburgh dialect; I find it fairly easy to read since I have a lot of experience with the Scots language but it might be a lot harder if you don't.

I like to read :)

It was amusing. 3rd Party's insurers falsely told him that I had admitted liability and destroyed their paperwork...less than a year after the original incident when they should have kept them for 6 years. They are now refusing to correspond with him because he has changed insurers, even his solicitors cant get a reply. Solicitors told 3rd party that "You dont have to send the documents you want to reply on in court to the 3rd party...just take them with you on the day". Due to this, they got disallowed. So he has incompetent and probably legally irresponsible insurers AND incompetent solicitors.

Entire thing has been thrown back a month to allow 3rd party to comply with legal regulations and send me his documentation. Oh, fun.

Archived