What are you currently reading?

Chimpy

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome book. Read a good chunk the the series, Speak for the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind, Shadow of the Hegemony.

But I prefer Enders Game. The others were cool but too introspective diatribe soap opera for me.

They are supposedly (or were) working on a film adaptation but the talk about casting was lame. Will Smith and Rosie O Donnel.

Currently I'm re-reading the Sword of Truth series.

Please God let it NOT be true!

I'm reading Dreadnought by Robert K. Massie.

Not sure what is next on the list... I've read a lot about the Battle of the Somme (1916), and I'd like to read more. Maybe some Ernest Junger...

Robert K Massie is The Man when it comes to WW1 naval history. Just finished reading Castles of Steel, cracking book. Always thought Beatty was a bit of a muppet.

A book I've just re-read for about the seventh or eigth time is Into The Kill Zone: A Cop's Eye View of Deadly Force by David Klinger. The author had only recently joined the LAPD when he had to drop the hammer on a man who was trying to stab his partner. He did a study of police officers in the US who were involved in shootings and this book is the result, told in the officers' own words. Brilliant read, especially for those interested in police/military issues (I think there's one or two around here ;) ).

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't got anything to read right now, waiting for Christmas Day! The missus has got me World War Z and the Monster series (Monster Island, Nation and Planet) by David Wellington.

Just recently finished Only In Death and Making Money tho, both pretty good.

finished the latest horus heresy book a couple of weeks ago.

Read Only in death (latest Gaunt's ghosts) last week.

Finished Contact Harvest (latest Halo novel) the other day.

Just started Let the galaxy burn (a large collection of 40k short stories) yesterday.

after that im going to re-read the colonel Schaefer trilogy.

I love Trashy sci-fi!

The War of the Crowns - Christian Jacq which is book two of the Queen of Freedom Trilogy. After I finish that trilogy off, I will be moving onto The Armour of Contempt - Dan Abnett which I have sat here in front of me now. I love the Gaunt's Ghosts books.

Trashy sci fi ftw!

I've just re-read the HH series up to fulgrim recently, allthough i don't know if i'll bother with descent of angels.

unless you have a hard on for dark angels, dont bother with it, it has nothing to do with the larger storyline (as they did pretty much their own thing during the heresy). The worst part about it is that their story arc isnt concluded in the book meaning they will have to write another one and make me wait even longer to read about the aftermath of the Istvaan massacre!

Darkchild

Archived