AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like that metal body:) I put the same one on my TM Spets and it makes a world of difference in making it more realistic. I still need to find a G&P metal front piece (not the very front but the part that connects to the metal body and houses the hop up). I know they make it for the full size AK but I have not found one for the Spets.

Just because they have been issued and what not does not mean that they have seen battle. What Im seeing is people using sand paper and trying to get some wear. After a year of skirmishing even inokatsu AK kits will have alot of wear on them.

the wear comes from cleaning the ak, so it doesnt need to see battle

just cleaning it day after day with oil and cloth it also wears down....

an a new ak isnt an ak

so it has to be sand papered a bit to get this "look"

but use very fine paper and of course go out and play :)

Commando, where did you get the RS bakelite AK-47 (not 74) mag?

A local Militaria fair mate

to be fair they haven't had any Bakelite AKM mags when I looked before ,only AK74 mags.

This time because I went for AK74 mags there were boxes and boxes of Ishamsh marked AKM mags :blink:

bloody strange how things work out sometimes

Edited by 1st Commando

Final improvements before resale (the previous buyer didn't go through with the purchase).

I altered the gas tube assembly and handguard retainers to resemble the real ones more. Beryl and Tantal gas tubes have no retainers for their cover, these are instead merged with the front lower handguard retainer as a one-piece design.

In this form, this gun is almost kosher. The only flaws are the safety switch and the AK-74 front sight base (the Beryl FSB has its bayonet lug further up front)

The auction ends tomorrow, it's serious people bidding so she'll end up in good hands.

dsc0001aiu5.jpg

dsc0004aiy1.jpg

dsc0002azg3.jpg

Edited by jonboy2312