AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Little update to my aims, refinished the wood to give it a blonde look and dyed a plum guarder grip to look more like the romy red bakelite grip. I got a rs romy rear sight, muzzle break and baynet coming any day now. Still looking for a romy leather sling.

pics582sm.jpg

pics581sm.jpg

Got a 40rd mag from Plastic Mag and a better upper for my RPK

pics568sm.jpg

I also re-dyed my slr black grip to get as close as plum as pssible for my vfc aksu, I need to find a better plum mag now. My rs look more brown then plum

pics527sm.jpg

Edited by Shroomalistic

yes it is..i picked her up today

I think its definitely worth it for the price they're selling it for.

Everything is steel but the front receiver/set. Its no biggy though, there is no wobble or anything.

Also, the hopup is similar to the VFC ak74su. It doesn't resemble the cyma hop nor does it look like one. However, the gearbox is still a mystery to me...but it works.

As for the AIMS....thats the only reason i bought the AIM version.. Its cheaper to build up from the AIM than it is to buy the AIMS kit.

Edited by mrblah
I'v held it sooo many times at AEX, gotta plop down the cash for one of these... (Oh mr.blah no offense, but I was quite surprised that the rear sight block on these were plastic, an easy problem to fix now that GP is making cheap "front sets".)

Get the AKM and then a Romanian style lower foregrip, it looks look alot closer.

i didnt meen shiny as in a mirror, I ment like bare metal freshly scratched. Over time scratched metal will dull and look alot more grey but the airsoft metal doesnt do that unless its steel. I didnt meen to affend you in any way and it does look great but it still looks like all the wear and tear was done at one time.

like in this pic

800px-AK-47_type_II_Part_DM-ST-89-01131.jpg

See how it kinda fades to black then back to grey, thats all I was gettng at. MY BAD

Shiny WTF but crunchy bunny now a good idea would be to pick uo some Real ak wood an put it on there!

notice how i said real instead of RS with the Real Sword people coming out LOL

Yeah, I'm thinking about getting some AIM wood and maybe a KA Stamped reciver.

Shoom, my metal on the gas tube, sight and barrel gets a grey finish. You may be able to see it in soem of my previous pics.