AK & Variants Picture Thread

the VFC AKs do seem to be picky about the mags they like, when I had my AKS-74UN my ICS AK74 style hicaps needed a forceful push or two before it'll lock in the magwell. On airsoftextreme's website they list some mags which they've found to work well.

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index....roducts_id=2469

about halfway down the page and you'll see a note.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A good way to make sure you don't have too much paint on the brush when dry-brushing (which results in a big silver stripe running along your reciever :() is to wipe the brush on a paper towel after you've dipped it in the paint, removing almost all of the pigment. Keep going until you can barely see any color coming off at all.

All this talks makes me want to finish my Tamiya Tiger that's sitting on the bench...

ok, purists, close your eyes and if you must keep them open, criticize, don't insult, please.

DSC03224.jpg

I call her, GRETA! she is highly inspired by djmike's greta on ASR and I know, she needs body work, that will be done this weekend.

I once saw a really beautifully weared ak beta spetsnaz with homemade wood on a swedish forum. I think he had used some solvent on a rag to get the faded bluening look on the receiver instead of a chipped paint look. It's years ago thou and experiment on your own risk, some solvents migth melt plastics rigth?

ok, purists, close your eyes and if you must keep them open, criticize, don't insult, please.

DSC03224.jpg

I call her, GRETA! she is highly inspired by djmike's greta on ASR and I know, she needs body work, that will be done this weekend.

um,uh,um......hmmm. That is original I'll give you that lol.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e65/newb...er/DSC03224.jpg

Love it.

I'm guessing its a mix of a clone SVD and Spetsnaz. If so I dont suppose you still have the bipod and could take a pic with it attached to the barrel under the gas tube.

You must have small hands and a relatively short reach and/or a PC on when you use that thing....

not really, actually I have really big hands and the gun isn't that big, just barely over regular ak-length. in fact, the outer barrel is a stock ak one.

Love it.

I'm guessing its a mix of a clone SVD and Spetsnaz. If so I dont suppose you still have the bipod and could take a pic with it attached to the barrel under the gas tube.

it's a mixture of jg svd, jg spetz, and cyma cm.028-s, really just spares. I will take the pic and add it later but it won't be good quality.

EDIT: sorry ev, I don't know where my bipod is, must be at my other house, I try to get a bipod pic this weekend. in the meantime, I'm sure you'd all enjoy a pic of the progress of my galil frontsight :D

DSC03226.jpg

Edited by newbkiller

DSC03224.jpg

hmm, needs a different flash hider, the rest of the barrel to be black and a differnt mag. other than that it looks alright.

more surprise sex than rape... like my friend's spetz idea (look somewhere in genreal discussion if you want to find it)

not really, actually I have really big hands and the gun isn't that big, just barely over regular ak-length. in fact, the outer barrel is a stock ak one.

it's a mixture of jg svd, jg spetz, and cyma cm.028-s, really just spares. I will take the pic and add it later but it won't be good quality.

EDIT: sorry ev, I don't know where my bipod is, must be at my other house, I try to get a bipod pic this weekend. in the meantime, I'm sure you'd all enjoy a pic of the progress of my galil frontsight  :D

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e65/newb...er/DSC03226.jpg

Doesnt matter about the quallity much I'm wondering about the practicallity more as I'm thinking of getting the SVD and making an LSW out of it with a chopped down barrel and slightly customised stock. Lets face it with the price of the clone guns its rude not to chop them up and make custom guns out of them.

for those who think weathering an AK artificially is blasphemy, just try to think of the amount of use a gun would need to achieve the look ?

i skirmish twice a month, for a weekend at a time. im pretty sure, that in the Uk scene, not many people shoot much more than that. i dont know of any sites that run every week, for a whole weekend.

even with that much skirmishing, getting a gun to look worn would take a LONG time. a long, long time. unless you really treat your gun like *beep*, throwing it about, leaving it outside etc. which, if thats the case, i'd be more concerned about everythign on the gun breaking within a month.

for those who think weathering an AK artificially is blasphemy, just try to think of the amount of use a gun would need to achieve the look ?

i skirmish twice a month, for a weekend at a time. im pretty sure, that in the Uk scene, not many people shoot much more than that. i dont know of any sites that run every week, for a whole weekend.

even with that much skirmishing, getting a gun to look worn would take a LONG time. a long, long time. unless you really treat your gun like *beep*, throwing it about, leaving it outside etc. which, if thats the case, i'd be more concerned about everythign on the gun breaking within a month.

it is possible to wear a rifle artificially in a subtle and good looking way, however it seems nobody let you in on this secret...

it is possible to wear a rifle artificially in a subtle and good looking way, however it seems nobody let you in on this secret...

Its just that 99% of people dont know what subtle means and therefore make "worn" AK's look like they've attacked them with an angle grinder and sledge hammer.