• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Took these after my last skirmish.

For those of you who appriciate a slightly worn looking classic ak47. :D

Snipity

Comments welcome :)

I see that you had the same problems painting the bolt that I had on my Cyma '74...Yours came out a bit better.

On that note, the afore mentioned Cyma will be all wood/metal/ACM soon enough, I'll post some pics once I get all the parts.

i LOVE these .........

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/slabside_ak47.jpg

But i'm not sure if I would be up to converting a RS mag.

yeah, they look awesome. but i dont have either the funds or the skill.

and led, spray EVERYTHING flat black, maybe add an AKM muzzle break (as something looks like it's missing from the front. and use a shorty mag with it, preferably a 74 custom if you could make one.

and is it just me or does having the lower handguard ported seem a tad pointless?

Here's an "in progress" pic of my current AK project.  "Perforated Grips" inspiration found a few pages back ;)

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8606/20...tedak008gr4.jpg

That is ugly, horribly ugly. However it is probably one of the most truly, truly, TRULY awesomest AKs I ever did see.

You sir, win.

Heres my stock TM that I just got.

I painted the exterior with black primer, then 5 layers of flat black paint. For the wood, I polyurethane'd it twice. The result is a darker, more metallic looking metal, and more laminated woody looking wood. Looks factory fresh, but not for long I hope. ;)

I also threw a Systema 6.04mm tightbore and Guarder 50% bucking into it.

HPIM1422.jpg

HPIM1423.jpg

HPIM1425.jpg

Over view

HPIM1427.jpg

Black bolt carrier

HPIM1428.jpg

Tomorrow I plan on reinforcing the fore-grips, and adding weight.

-Sobo

iloveics, I've converted a few of those slabside mags to fit Guarder steel kits. I don't know how they'll fit other receivers, but cutting them down and making them fit right was ALOT of work. I suggest you have at least an angle grinder handy when doing it, as a hacksaw or a dremel will take forever to cut through that Russian steel.