• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dad failed at fixing airsoft guns.  :nosleep:

He was just making it really safe for you :D

cheek weld issues seem to be characteristic of AK folders, in my experience. same adjustments needed with the underfolder and the Krinkov left-side folder. not true with my custom mini beryl though cos it was designed to my ergos  :P

:D  :D  :D

I'll probably end up modifying it sooner or later, like cutting it off at the hinge and making a new tubular section :P

Ok, well it appears ive stumbled into a bit of a problem. I brought my Marui AK to a store to get it repaired (im not yet satisfied with my internal prowess) they lost two parts, the screw to my front sight and my hop-up adjustment lever. Not wanting to deal with store anymore (the gun had been there for a matter of months) I brought the gun home and ordered a new front sight and a whole new hop-up set. Unfortunatley the hop-up set did not come with the one part i needed (the adjustment lever). Is there any way i can maybe make a simple durable one and out of what material?

... Unfortunatley the hop-up set did not come with the one part i needed (the adjustment lever).  Is there any way i can maybe make a simple durable one and out of what material?

Do you mean the little finger-tab part that screws onto the sliding arm?

If so, you can do without it, just use a small screwdriver to push/pull on the arm itself.

If you really want one then get a length of right-angle alloy and cut/file/drill to suit.

that a G&G?

It is, actually. I've finally got a replacement receiver from G&G after much haggling to get it down from $150. *Mumble Grumble.*

If any one is interested, I am selling it. It's in lovely nick just dont lean on it. :P

and hatman, this is why you do the externals yourself and pay someone else to fix the GB

It was just one hex screw that wouldn't budge. Not an issue of strength, more so technique because I didnt want to tear it. So I got my dad (he's an engineer) to do it while I got on with something else for 5 minutes. I came back, picked it up ready to take a photo and went 'thats not right...'

As for internal upgrades, he's actually quite proficient at putting the shells back together but I like to do the actual upgrading. I recently did a very nice M110 upgrade on my ICS AK ready for the weekender. Too bad that the wiring failed straight away. :unsure:

i remember my last attempt at upgrading my ICS. i vowed to pay other people after that.

the upgrading bit isnt the hard bit, the hard bit is getting the shell back together without the AR latch, trigger mech, spring (or a combination of those) going "CRUMPF!!"

just a quick question hatman, the ICS receiver is TM compatable right? have you actually tried swapping recievers over to check?

i remember my last attempt at upgrading my ICS. i vowed to pay other people after that.

the upgrading bit isnt the hard bit, the hard bit is getting the shell back together without the AR latch, trigger mech, spring (or a combination of those) going "CRUMPF!!"

just a quick question hatman, the ICS receiver is TM compatable right? have you actually tried swapping recievers over to check?

Yeah, for me it is the wiring that's the problem. I haven't checked although that is what I have heard. Next time I take it apart (this weekend at the latest) I will find out.

Hi there about G&G ak the gun has its good and bad points 1st bad point is the rear sling fell off as with my frend who lives next door his did the same.my ak fires very well at 360fps. My frend next doors gear box broke first time he used it but he can fix gear boxes and said that the G&G gear box is verry well made but one of the gears was not cast propley apart from that it would have been fine(just bad luck).Iv heard the mag alloy body can snap at the back but this has not happend to me.The good points are the wood is the best iv seen it fieald strips just like a real ak and feels just like a real ak (apart from the grip is a little fat).You can buy G&G ak for about £230 and for the money it is spot on.But if you want a verry good ak inokatsu do a akm kit for £320 but you need a tm gear box.All in all the G&G ak in my mind is verry good 8/10.

What's the story with the bolt carrier and piston?

That's what the G&G is like inside. Awesome, isn't it?

Once got to try a G&G at a skirmish - it had been overhauled internally right out of the box, so I couldn't say about the internals, but god, the externals were nice.

Spent 15 mins just field stripping it, reassembling and repeating.