Arty Photos

screamin_weasel

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I googled "arty" and came across this:

It's something from a KIDS network on TV.

yeah congratulations you MASSIVE TWAT.

now *fruitcage* off out of this quality thread unless you have some decent photos. in fact, now i wouldn't even believe you took your own photos, so just ###### off with your retarded "comedy picture post".

on topic, i use a digital for pretty much all my work, although when i do delayed/ extensive exposures, i use an SLR. for example i have done some work using light painting (i will EVENTUALLY put them up, when i get on the other PC), and it was much better to use the SLR than a digital camera for that work.

nah there are some defo good ones in their pope dude.

Trasher that looks VERY Photoshopped to me, no biggy, but when its that obvious, its not so good. then again if it is 100% natural, the lighting is perfect as far as i can tell (bearing in mind i already said i hate studio work)

and Bojangles, we aren't being uptight, its just that you came in this perfectly going thread, comepletly broke the rules, didnt even apologise, didn't even post a photo, but instead some ###### 3 year olds drawing.

and on top of that, you seem to think taking these photographs is a matter of point and click. if it was that easy, dont you think more people would "point and click" for a living rather than being binmen, digging graves, cleaning the streets, working in KFC etc etc ?

you wankstain.

edit: and so now you edited that crappy pic out, and replaced it with a photo that STILL breaks the rules. i said dont post any guns, and ESPECIALLY if there is no attempt to make it remotely arty. that ###### photo is what i would expect from somebody who thinks photography is easy.

Pope those are beautiful. I love travel photos. They give you a chance to let the subject do all of the artistic work for you a lot of times.

Trasher's dont look too photoshoped. The contrast is a little high, but some cameras/lighting do that are their own. I think its a nice effect.

This is a digital picture where all I did was turn up the contrast by +5 or so in CS2:

1df66545.jpg

I guess you could call it studio lighting (I call it a bunch of lamps, some duct tape and some white poster board :D)

Photoshop is just a tool, like a camera is. If you use it right it can enhance an image artistically just like changing the format/lens/settings of a camera can.

i couldnt pick out any one bit, its just the overall impression of it. meh, it does look nice though.

but like i said, a bit of tweaking of the basic, fundemental elements is fine by me, but when people start changing colours, backgrounds, effects etc etc it is just a computer image, NOT a photograph.

How would you define a little tweek here and there, This is one of my shots i love, its one of my favourite spots in jersey,

This is the original

post-3242-1129146212_thumb.jpg

This is the same photo but with shadow highlight put in from photo shop, for me this is another way of seeing the photo

post-3242-1129146288_thumb.jpg

those two images make my point perfectly.

the second one is very abviously PS'd, just becasue of how the light is.

i much prefer the first one, becasue everything is how it should be (obviously :rolleyes: )

if you like it, you like it, and thats cool as *fruitcage*.

but it illustrates my point perfectly. i think it is too much, as you have comepltely changed the look, feel, light, shadow and mood of the image.

Archived