Scar and many new products

luninhk

If the Star SCAR pics are of the actual prototype I'd say that at this point Star are defo ahead of CA.

Reasons? Rear body pin is in the right place, fire selector on both sides, vaguely realistic barrel change.

I was going to but the CA SCAR but this had convinced me to wait and see.

From the looks, Star seems to have done a decent job so far. But let's wait and see. I have my CA one on preorder, so no changing mind for me. The markings of the Star variant will be interesting if existent. Thing with the rear body pin is a real oddity, but not a big deal I think.

The barrel change feature may seem realistic, but after all it would require to change the cylinder in order to get the cylinder volume relative to inner barrel volume right. Since i use dedicated guns for sniping and CQB, it's a feature I can live without.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the quality will be better than in their previous AEGs, as everyone needs practice and learning from their faults to improve, but I guess their prices will be as high (if not HIGHER) as before.

I promised I wouldnt buy anything over 150$ (except for a Minimi) since I got my M4 S-System and M14 clones, but the SCAR H might be an exception... if its under 400$... do you think Ill buy one... I doubt it very much regarding the tags on their crappy L85 series.

Same goes for the SOPMOD: it will probabilly cost the same and be almost impossible to find anywhere. Wanna bet?

More great news from STAR. I'm supprised it took till post number 24 for someone to start questioning their quality though. Personally I've never had a problem with anything from them and know personally more people who are happy with their STAR kit than are not. (I have a M249, G36 and a number of cosmetic parts and mid caps from STAR). What I'm most interested in though is, is anyone going to do a SCAR in another colour than that god awful tan!

Presuming the internals are at least as good as CA's, and that the H will be released in an accurate tan color, and that the EGLM can fit around an H magazine, I will buy one. If any of the above do not apply,  than I will buy a CA L and use short VN mags to roughly approximate the proportions of an H magazine!

Good question, will the EGLM fit over the SCAR H? Will it need a modification?

I'm actually starting to like the looks of that SCAR-L with short barrel and grenade launcher..... :o

Quality of internals? We'll just to put one to the test I guess... The G36 seems to have been pretty good - one person I spoke to said he thought the STAR GH36 was the best one on the market, and he's owned TM, CA and STAR G36s.

NO one seems to have commented yet on how this version has black furniture, if they keep that then this version has me sold. plus they have the up to date flash hider on the SCAR H. Is that feeding from an M14 mag, I thought It used FAL mags? but it probably has the modularity to take both kinds.

If STAR are going to offer this in black then I am all over it, the tan never really did it for me, plus the fact that they are the first to show a proper up to date SCAR H, whoah too much SCAR.

I like the MASADA but I don't respect it as much as the FN weapon and it is basically an unfinished design, an airsoft version may be a looooong time in the offing. :angry:

Has anyone else noticed that the L1A1 is only marked as semi?

If it really is semi only, I guess its got a working spring release. (or could it be gas? :ph34r:)

You'll probably find it's semi and fully auto, but only marked for semi.

It's not gas you can see the gearbox (top left picture)

Does anyone here know about the SCAR H using M14 style mags, I thought it used FAL ones...

The pictures here show M14 ones, which would be good from an airsoft perspective in terms of mag commonality but has anyone heard of the real steel feeding from those?

I like an authentic exterior at the very least...

:o

Anyone?...

You'll probably find it's semi and fully auto, but only marked for semi.

It's not gas you can see the gearbox (top left picture)

It's semi only because it's a copy of the L1A1 SLR, which was semi only. If it did have FA then it wouldn't be an accurate copy

It's semi only because it's a copy of the L1A1 SLR, which was semi only. If it did have FA then it wouldn't be an accurate copy

True, but with an aeg you need a fully auto setting or a spring release for when the gearbox locks up in semi (unless star have completely re-designed the gearbox).

Holy ###### its like all this appeared by magic!!!

http://starairsoft.com/

* Tele-Stock & Armorer's Wrench Tool

* Rail Cover Panel Set - Short & Middle

* Rail Cover Panel Set - Long

* Slim Rail Cover Set

* Tactical Vertical Fore Grip

* L85 New Version Handguard

* M60E4 & MK43 MODO

* Original British L1A1 SLR

* Scar 40mm Enhanced Grenade Launcher Module

* New Version Sopmod M14

* FN Scar - L / H

Dude the M14 is back.

And looks like some wishes came true, A SCAR H has been made.

For Those Too Lazy to Click

M14 Sopmod MK2

I wonder how good a HK416 look like if I put that EGLM on it.

NO I AM NOT LAZY TO CLICK. STOP HOT LINKING.

You are basically slowing down my downloading because I have the star website on and your hotlinked pics are loading the same time as the website of star. HOST THE PICS yourself if you wanna share pics. Jeeesh. No so cool.

Archived