TM RECOIL HK417

DeltaZero

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

600 bucks + shipping + 24%tax off both for what?

Sub 300fps, alu-gears, hopefully not next-next gen gearbox that needs 200 bucks worth of upgrades and has weird "shakes" when you shoot. Cmon, the "recoil" is pitiful at best.

HK417, with a regular V2 gearbox, real markings and boom! I'd prefer clone for lighter price-tag

I think I've gone past the if stage, this is only useful for me as a DMR build, how viable is the next-gen platform for DMRs? On top of needing an overhaul upgrade for internals (at least piston), the spectre is sold out absolutely everywhere, has anyone on here modded their next-gen to fire at DMR power? Most next-gen builds I've come across are sub-350 fps, but maybe that's just because of UK. 

Well my TM 416 shoots about 410 FPS, I did radius the gearbox corners and have a sorbo pad on my cylinder head(I have over 50.000 shots with this gun. So far the only thing that broke was the Magicbox piston). Im sure its possible to achive 500 FPS(at least thats the limit for DMRs here), you just need to buy a normal AEG spring and cut it to the right length if you want a more powerful one as the next-gen ones only go up until 120ms/400fps.

I'm not trying to dis it, more like asking "why" make this next gen. Next gen offers this gun the least of its features compared to how complicated it makes it.

Obviously Marui engineers live in a world where no upgrading exists and everyone buys only their products... I'm sure there are pink unicorns involved too somehow.

If it were regular V2 gearbox, better yet a reinforced new one designed to be upgraded... The market for one would be huge. But at least they scared off the cloners for few weeks making it next gen and now you have to pay the price.

Here's hoping one maker will release one with a regular V2 and realistic trades.

I'm not trying to dis it, more like asking "why" make this next gen. Next gen offers this gun the least of its features compared to how complicated it makes it.

Obviously Marui engineers live in a world where no upgrading exists and everyone buys only their products... I'm sure there are pink unicorns involved too somehow.

If it were regular V2 gearbox, better yet a reinforced new one designed to be upgraded... The market for one would be huge. But at least they scared off the cloners for few weeks making it next gen and now you have to pay the price.

Here's hoping one maker will release one with a regular V2 and realistic trades.

Here you go. http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/umarex-vfc-h-k-hk417-16inch-full-metal-aeg-airsoft-rifle.html#.VHU9Y8ngVwQ

Why DMR a recoil?  Because their hop-up units are better than any others out there, thats why.  Running a TM aks74U recoil at 400fps, the thing keeps up with my rhop'ed 450fps sniper.  

On another note, with how popular this thing will be, why not push it to 500fps?  You know aftermarket mechboxes will come out for those who break the originals.

Marui cater to the Japanese market, and only the Japanese market. Why make your AEGs capable for withstanding 2j+, when your market isn't allowed to go over 0,9j? No one over-engineers a product unless they have to due to the additional associated costs that can be avoided.

Boy, you really don't like curry, do you? If you want an HK417 without the complexity of Recoil Shock mechanics, VFC make one. Yes, it's not a standard v.2, but that doesn't stop it being upgradeable. If you want a standard V2 gun, there are literally thousands of other AR-15 variants for you to investigate.

TM's engineers work in a market that's legally limited to 0.9J, and unlike many other manufacturers build to a quality sufficient that their guns actually work well out of the box. Why would they want to spend time and money beefing up the gun (increasing its cost to consumers) when the gun doesn't need upgrades to function at the domestic legal limit?

The reason why TM have built their HK417 as a Recoil Shock is because most people enjoy the simulated recoil and the bolt lock/stop-on-empty features and TM wants its guns to be popular so they sell. Those features are just as applicable to an HK417 as they are to an M4; why would TM not put them in the gun, apart from to please you, the tiny minority that wants a huge gun with a regular V2 gearbox (?) and intends to throw away all the internals TM put in there for high-power upgrades anyway? You are not a huge market; you can tell by the way nobody's agreeing with you in this thread. Most people like the Recoil Shocks' features. You don't; so don't buy the gun - it isn't complicated.

Why... not?

Besides, next gen gearboxes are not hard to upgrade.

You cannot expect they build a gun just for your tastes.

Archived