Md0ggyd0g

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This movie was only good for its action scenes. True story but hollywood made it more dramatic. I didnt really like the storyline though.

No, as mentioned x100000 times its based on a graphic novel!

With that being said I skipped half of school to see it. Awesome movie.

I also know the history behind this, it does have accuracy issues, If you want accuracy watch the documentary on the History Channel. This is one time I am not ashamed to say that I share the same state with Hollywood cuz it makes me want to watch movies again

Action sequences are great

Message is very loud and very clear Freedom is not free

I rank this with the elite movies of my collection, Braveheart, The Patriot, Gladiator, BHD, We Were Soldiers, the Alamo, Rocky, the last Samurai minus Tom Cruise, LOTR (Return of the King), Band of Brothers...24...etc

Its the first MAN movie of 2007 Hooowaaahhh

Guzzi Hero, this is not a historically based movie.

It is a movie of a graphic novel that was based on historical event.

A historical event that was inflated by Herodotus when he wrote his account of the battle.

Actually, it's a movie (300) based on a graphic novel (300) based on a movie (The 300 Spartans) based on a historical event (the Battle of Thermopylae).

I just got back from the theater 15 minutes ago.

Not only is this one of the coolest movies ever made, it is also one of those that is awesome in theaters. Its like God of War fornicated with Gladiator and this is their crack baby. Its nutz. That being said...

What the *fruitcage* was with Xerxes? Eh, huge as hell? Drug-fueled mutant orgies? Those parts were so weird, and I loved them so very much. Especially when they give the little hunchback dude a wizard cap. But back to Xerxes...? He's so feminine, idk...there was definitely some sexual tension between him and Leonidas.

Anyway, good movie, a god amongst action flicks, the side-scrolling battles along are worth the admission.

This is well worth the $8 or so dollars.

QFT

This movie was absolutely amazing. It was made even better by the fact that I got tickets, a popcorn, pop, and 4 boxes of candy (normally $40 or so) for $6. Even though I quit, the employees still think I work there and they gave me free tickets anyways.

w00t!

Illegal? Who knows, but they did offer me free passes.

I just got back from the theater 15 minutes ago.

Not only is this one of the coolest movies ever made, it is also one of those that is awesome in theaters.  Its like God of War fornicated with Gladiator and this is their crack baby.  Its nutz.  That being said...

What the *fruitcage* was with Xerxes?  Eh, huge as hell?  Drug-fueled mutant orgies?  Those parts were so weird, and I loved them so very much.  Especially when they give the little hunchback dude a wizard cap.  But back to Xerxes...?  He's so feminine, idk...there was definitely some sexual tension between him and Leonidas.

Anyway, good movie, a god amongst action flicks, the side-scrolling battles along are worth the admission.

Xerses is the king of persia. you remember how he said he was like, i am god blah blah. ya like it was cool how at the end, king leonidas made him bleed and show that he was mortal. anyways, ya i just got back from watching it and...THIS MOVIE IS SOOOO GOOD. especially the end, heh, 10k spartans ftw!!

Xerses is the king of persia. you remember how he said he was like, i am god blah blah.

Myah I know that, I just thought he was weirdly portrayed. Haven't read the graphic novel, but I'm sure that's how Frank Miller drew him, since bodily proportions in his novels are very metaphorical. Anyway, after having slept and thought about it again, all the deformed people and "magical" elements of the movie make it sweet. Basically there's nothing wrong with this movie.

When is Sin City 2 coming out?

I saw it on Friday night. It's one helluva movie, and there's little I can say to praise it that hasn't already been said. Here are a few opinions:

- Xerxes is far too feminine.

- That giant mutant (?) Xerxes used to ensure discipline looked like a Mancubus from DOOM 3. It's a shame that we never get to see him in combat.

- The Immortals and their "mascot" are extremely cool. That thing reminded me of a Beserker from Gears of War.

- The Oracle girl is HOT.

- The traitor Spartan (I can't spell his name) looked so comical with his black wizard hat.

- The whole scene in Xerxes's "comfort tent" is disturbing.

Lastly, I just love the way the Spartans fought. They pushed with their shields, struck with their spears, and kept doing it until the entire Persian formation went over the cliff. Now that's discipline. Also how Leonidas calmly ate his food in the middle of a field of corpses while his comrades speared wounded enemies. Funny stuff.

Ya, that movie had some good comedy moments as well. i have some things to say about what you pointed out.

- ya haha, when xerxes got the side of his lip cut, did you see the tears in his eyes?

- LOL couldnt have been said better, that does look alot like the mancubus. except instead of rocket launchers for arms they are huge blades. ya, that thing would have been cool to see in battle, but i dont think it would have done much compared to spartans

- ya the immortals and their dual swords were pretty cool. lol that giant thing was creepy...

- the oracle girl is alright, i didnt really pay attention to her face :P haha jp

- lol, the hunchback? he looked so funny with his little hat thing haahaha

- lol, especially the part where you see the girl with no arms lol.

I liked it but it was missing a few of the quotes that typified Spartan attitude, as well as what the Oracle at Delphi said. It's also missing the 700 Thesbians who pledged to remain by Leonidas's side to the end. It also missed that Leonidas only took volunteers and that said volunteers were all fathers.

The two missing quotes:

-From the oracle, the quote about how either Sparta would burn or a king, descended from Heracles, would die on the battlefield.

-Leonidas's last words to his wife before he left: 'Marry a good man and bear him many children.' (Or words to that effect.)

It also completely missed the fact that Xerxes was trying to fight the battle honorably and in the manner of his forefathers... with light infantry engaging in hand-to-hand combat. And they completely exagerated the harshness of Spartan physical training for most Spartan men. They also ignored the fact that the Spartans kept a rather large number of slaves, the Helots, who the young men who undertook the harshest of Spartan training were expected to kill at random to sow fear among the Helots.

Oh, and the rampant pedophilic homosexuality.

[/nit-picking]

Of course, it is kinda nice to see a movie that isn't trying to make out the bad guys as being misunderstood or the good guys as shedding any blood over the deaths of the bad guys.

It also completely missed the fact that Xerxes was trying to fight the battle honorably and in the manner of his forefathers... with light infantry engaging in hand-to-hand combat. And they completely exagerated the harshness of Spartan physical training for most Spartan men. They also ignored the fact that the Spartans kept a rather large number of slaves, the Helots, who the young men who undertook the harshest of Spartan training were expected to kill at random to sow fear among the Helots.

Oh, and the rampant pedophilic homosexuality.

Perhaps you missed the fact that it wasn't supposed to be historically accurate.

Archived