'Sniper' Handgun

Hatman

I've been thinking of a long range handgun (either revolver or otherwise) for use as a long-range back-up. It needs to be able to hit a man-sized target from at least 40 metres. Am I asking too much or is this possible?

I'm certainly interested by the SIIS 10 inch .50AE Desert Eagle (to give it the totally swish name its looks deserve). Has anyone had any personal experience with this?

Thanks for any advice!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would suggest the mk23. and no, it does not sound stupid, ony thing though, is that if you are going to be using a pistol i would suggest learning to be stealthy so that you can get shots at your enemy from up close.

does it sound stupid? well, i too am looking into being a pistol sniper, and will be using a pss-300... so ya, it sounds stupid :P

and catman is rite, a gbb is not a good idea for obviouse reasons.

out of curiosity, ar you planning on mounting a scope or anything, or are you going to go "ale naturale"?

I've been thinking of a long range handgun (either revolver or otherwise) for use as a long-range back-up. It needs to be able to hit a man-sized target from at least 40 metres. Am I asking too much or is this possible?

I'm certainly interested by the SIIS 10 inch .50AE Desert Eagle (to give it the totally swish name its looks deserve). Has anyone had any personal experience with this?

Thanks for any advice!

why?

get a WE baby capa 3.8 if you want a sniper pistol....

PM Staceh, White_Rabbit or Africanhunter if you think im joking, a 450fps G-Spec was only just outranging it on cheap red gas with no hop ajustment from out of the box, so i would guess non. BB flew pretty damn straight too

Tanaka, the end all solution. My S&W 500 can go up to 60m on torso hits. 3" groups at 25m. AND, this is by far without any tweaking. Just a clean barrel, tuned hop up and running on green. I don't even use any optics on it either; iron sights are perfect (except at night, they're horrible at night so a fiber optic front is needed).

You might want to get a Tanaka S&W M500 Magnum Compensated Hunter 10.5 Inch with a better barrel and a decent 3-9x40mm scope. This monster showed up here recently and is now every sneaky little pistol marksman's girlfriend. I don't know what makes it so attractive, but I have seen 3 guys using them with some success. One of them actually had TWO of these. He was great fun.

ALSO

I hear that just about any Tanaka is pretty good because they lack recoil problems.

upgraded AEP, now before everyone jumps on me for saying that, I have seen a friend's upgraded TM G18C and good lord the shots just seemingly refuse to drop, you get more ammo to use (mags a more avaliable and cheaper), power will be more consistent than a gas gun, and you can use it when its dead cold. It won't be a true "sniper" but I think it'll be a good compromise.

If you must get a gas gun, I'd say TM Mk.23.

well if the baby hi-capa is shooting that good, then wouldn't it be better to get a we dragon? especially if you were to put in a hop-twist barrel.... sweeeeeet :)

i have no experience with the dragon but if its performance is on par with the baby capa then hell yeah

i too would go for the mk23

but i also have to ask - why?

i thought the whole idea of a back up was to provide you with a failsafe when your primary - ie long range weapon had run dry?

any way - get the mk23!

regards amsniper

Archived