'Sniper' Handgun

Hatman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but i also have to ask - why?

i thought the whole idea of a back up was to provide you with a failsafe when your primary - ie long range weapon had run dry?

any way - get the mk23!

I kind of got that wrong. I meant as part of some crazy GBB loadout (dual P99s, a revolver or similar for long-range).

So what kind of range does the MK23 get?

Digicon Thompson Center(TC) Contender 9", 13" 20" or 24". . .

Other Digicons do not compare.

There is not a single airsoft pistol that can even match the Digicon Contender series.

I've witnessed a highly upgraded 13" on CO2 chronoing at 900 fps

Stock, they're easily shooting over 500 fps on green gas.. .and accuracy is amazing!

There's a reason why Digicon guns are being banned in Japan. . .word is, someone was killed by one. . .

Holy craaap! A Digicon zeroed someone!?! What the hell?!? Still loads of Copperhead and Gamo traditional BB guns are 1000+FPS and they are still for sale there. I really hope this is not the case and you got misinformed. This sport doesnt need MORE coal stoking the fires of a total ban.

for a long time, Digicon TCs were available at most HK shops because they're(HK players) power hungry players and they know the potential of the Digicon's. . .I owned both a 9 and 13" TC. .sold them both before the banning started to take place.

If you're lucky, you can contact an HK shop to see if they can locate one for you. I believe Japan shops were getting rid of them for dirt cheap before the govt. got on their butts. I heard stores were being raided and seized of all Digicon airsofts. . . those shops lucky to sell off their stashes before the govt. got to the most likely made it to HK or UK shops.

From Wiki

"Digicon: Digicon was a controversial airsoft company. They only produced one BV gun, the MP5A5. Later, they produced a line of pistols including the superlative Digicon Target, a version of the famous Thompson Center target pistol. Their guns are affiliated with the only known airsoft-related fatality, the death of an elderly woman in Japan. These guns could be modified to take unregulated CO2, allowing them to fire at extremely high power, well over the .98 Joule limit in Japan."

thats more than scary, that fact needs to be hidden before MAG gets wind and claims it was with a $2 springer...

if they could make guns that powerful, i wonder why the military or police force havent investigated possibly using uber bb guns. i have always wondered if it would be possible to develop a weapon that would allow your everyday soldier to carry 400 round high caps

thats more than scary, that fact needs to be hidden before MAG gets wind and claims it was with a $2 springer...

if they could make guns that powerful, i wonder why the military or police force havent investigated possibly using uber bb guns.

*tries to word this without talking about ballistics and having people get pissy* bb's are um smaller then bullets unless it is one of those .50cal air guns for hunting, therefore do not do anywhere near teh dammage as well as it would make you cayy an air supply.

I'm torn. :P

Surely the baby hi-capa would need a longer barrel though (fixed silencer maybe?) but why couldn't I go for a WE Dragon? Was it outranging the g-spec due to sheer power or was it accuracy and amazing hop-up?

As I will be getting this 'uber-snip4ge pistol' in a couple of months, is it worth waiting for the TM 10" Deagle to turn?

Oh and the Tanaka revolvers look the sèx.

well, the dragon and baby hi-capa are exaclty the same internally as far as i know. the only difference is the barrel length.

so a dragon firing on propane should do amazingly well if you can find a hop-twist barrel for it.

my old 5.1 was quite accurate stock. i was able to hit a 4 inch target from pretty far... 80ft i think it was actually. the only problem you mite have thuogh, is recoil. i do not know how much the dragon has, but i know the 5.1 has a lot. the dragon is probably more mild and less laggy than the 5.1 which should make the accuracy better, but it will still effect accuracy quite a bit.

edit: it could not have been outranging the g-spec due to power alone as it fires about the same fps as a stock g-spec.

however, i would recomend the tanaka. it is a more reputable company, and due to less parts moving when fired and no recoil, it will be much more accurate.

Tanaka big revolver- yeah that's a good choice

I would be remiss not to mention the TM Deagle.

Before the flames come- let me say it has the best hop-up of any pistol I have ever owned/used/skirmished with/worked on- and tightbores are readily available. Red-dots are easily mountable and the trigger is pretty nice for airsoft. One of my buddies was using mine last weekend and first-shot head-shotted a guy at about 80 feet.

really the only downside is the short (ish) barrel and the fact that it's blowback.

i have no experience with the TM mk23, just the KSC, so I can't give any comparison between the DE and the 23.

Yeah, I currently have a TM (ok, HFC but it is basically the same) and it is fantastic. It gets better close-range groupings than my (broken-from-the-day-of-purchase) King Arms SVD.

Only problem is that it doesn't quite have the range and power to be a 'snipe' gun. Oh and it makes absolutely loads of noise. :D

bengali, who's 3.8 was outranging who's g-spec?

thats just crazy :P

i got the we hi-capa 5.2k and it's pretty awesome, doesn't range same as my g-spec, but certainly does my ics m4.

people are miss quoting me, it was getting CLOSE to the range on the G-Spec, it was either Stace's or Rich's, cant remember which but it wasn't far off the same range

Well, I own a TM 10 inch deagle, with zeke kit. This thing has a 23cm inner barrel.

No problems with kills over 50m.

I also own a tanaka 8inch m500, this thing is also excellent at long range, but the hopup is less consistent than the TM.

I wouldn't recommand the TM MK23, the trigger pull is damn heavy, and the ridiculous weight of the gun doesn't help with accuracy. Well, at least you can always precock the hammer.

Sound is not a problem fo long range kill, in my opinion.

OK sorry bengali ive gota clear this up,

Richie has a WA Infinity

shooting just under 320fps with .2

he was running .36 through it,

it has a fixed hop

it was easily reaching 30-40m flat, so flat and accurate that you can hit those plastic round tree protectors that are bout 3-4inch wide at that range,

it was stupidly good, felt a bit naff, i was expecting it to feel very solid considering all the hype over western arms, but to me it felt a bit plasticly,

well, i have personal experience with this:

i used a TM desert eagle hardkick, and put a aftermarket 10 inch barrel on it (like your original post) and upgraded it with a metal slide and frame. then, i procured 30mm mountable scope rings and applied them with a 4X scope (the desert eagle has an integrated rail on top, but it is not weaver 20mm standard, it is 30mm. mounts are still relatively easy to find)

it was a monster, accurate to 150 feet, and shot 370fps on green gas.

i have also seen a desert eagle weaver adapter, which is basically a weaver rail top (20mm) with a 30mm base, to mount on top of the desert eagle.

personally, i believe that the DE would eb best for this project, because they are big, powerful, and accurate. however, this would be rather expensive i believe.

-Joe

OK sorry bengali ive gota clear this up,

Richie has a WA Infinity

shooting just under 320fps with .2

he was running .36 through it,

it has a fixed hop

it was easily reaching 30-40m flat, so flat and accurate that you can hit those plastic round tree protectors that are bout 3-4inch wide at that range,

it was stupidly good, felt a bit naff, i was expecting it to feel very solid considering all the hype over western arms, but to me it felt a bit plasticly,

i saw that. looked beefy. daryl had a WA M9 with him so i know what you mean about the naff plastic feel. have to get him to bring it down next time so i can compare it to the baby capa (i have perloined my missus' baby capa for the end of this month :D )

im not really any good with distances, what sort of range is stace's G-sepc getting so i can put a guestimate on how far the baby capa was reaching (though by the sounds of it, it wasnt touching the accuracy of richies infinity)

EDIT: sorry to clear up what i think may have been a little misunderstanding, the baby capa i was refering to was part of josh's stock, not a players gun. josh was testing it saturday morning.

Archived