Artistic Airsoft

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if you shoot at a higher iso you'll get grainier results depending on lighting conditions too.

b&w film, printing, often comes out with a different look to that of b&w done digitally, and some say the film look is better - because of the tiny silvery grains used in film. obviously, this element cannot be present in digital cameras because theyre simply exposing a digital sensor.

i think with some gentle processing and printing onto special paper allows you to get some way to recreating proper b&w, but film still seems to rule in that area.

but yeah, graininess is either a by-product or an intentional look..

I think they look great man, what new techniques are you using exactly?I'm no photographer but I'm always on the lookout for information (and your kidneys* ;) )

I might put some effort into a couple of pics I took recently, Photoshop is such a massive effort to learn though and, to be fair, I am at work and apparently creating website content and doing deals ;)

Knowing how obtuse help files and tutorials can be; is it possible to grasp some useful techniques in photoshop from anyone please?

* This individual is, in fact, not actually aspiring to procure internal organs or their namesakes of any kind from any person or thing at any time. Except the heart of gold**, perhaps.

** Read Hitchhikers Guide.

I think they look great man, what new techniques are you using exactly?I'm no photographer but I'm always on the lookout for information (and your kidneys* ;) )

I was attempting to "float" some of the pistols over the white background, ala Stickman from AR15.com, Some of them didn't turn out as well as they should, but I can always adjust the contrast in photoshop to make it look better.

Here's an example of one of Stickman's shots. Not the best I've seen him do, but you get the idea.

Here

Natural light will probably help my shots alot, the sharp shadows aren't doing it for me.

Edited by Whitedingo