Tokyo Marui M1911-A1 Thread

Fuser

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just had another ( sobber ) look at it the pro-win sight is a little to big for the guarder sight :( does any 1 have a rear sight or know a place i can find 1 for the tm ( gaurder slide ) ? seems like i have looked every place now

ps yea top stuff they got here fast

Hi Guys,

Quick question that has already been kind of covered in this thread, When installing a PGC Delta kit, its been mentioned that some parts of the chamber lock and the chamber leg needs to be filed.

My question is whats a chamber leg?

And can anyone give me a bit more detail about the work needed, I have a good idea what needs doing, but would like some confirmation.

Oh and does anyone owning a Shooters Design chamber notice the inner barrel is loose? How have people gone about fixing that?

Cheers

Wings :detective2:

Well the first one I had, no problems at all. The problem comes with the second one and the outer barrel supplied with it.

Although now I try to install the SD parts (they arrived 2 days later) the same problem occurs on both kits.

So I'm all a bit lost! Considering I thought it was going to be a breeze after the first kit, its all a bit WTF!

Wings :detective2:

So it's the barrel that causes the binding? Without the barrel, the slide cycles smoothly?

Probably the barrel lugs binding with the interface inside the slide. Can you spot wear marks on the barrel lugs? Of so, time to break out the sandpaper and trim the interface inside the slide a bit.

Could also be more than that. The Nineball 1911 barrel I'm using in my SD STI Edge hi-capa slide needed lots of work, and still slows down the slide cycle with a silencer attached.

I agree with Utty about the top of the chamber, but I also take a little bit of material off the bottom of the chamber as well. See the "leg" that sits on the side of the hop up chamber?

See how the front part, that the "nub" on the side of the hop up runs along? Smooth that out a bit, the edges are usually very straight and sharp. Round those off and it should function smoother.

I agree with Utty about the top of the chamber, but I also take a little bit of material off the bottom of the chamber as well. See the "leg" that sits on the side of the hop up chamber?

See how the front part, that the "nub" on the side of the hop up runs along? Smooth that out a bit, the edges are usually very straight and sharp. Round those off and it should function smoother.

Oh yeah, that too. The inner barrel + hop-up chamber must be able to slide freely and smoothly back and forth inside the outer barrel. Or bad things happen.

Will I run into any cycling issue for a stock TM 1911 if I replace the outer barrel with a SD unit(with chamber)? And will there be anyissue down the line when I switch to a body kit like Nova(they got some really nice Springfield kit now on Redwolf btw) or PGC? I like my stainless steel barrels(am I correct in that both PGC and Nova's are aluminum?) and since I have 2 lying around for Hi-Capa I might as well put it to use in the 1911....

It did stick a lot when I ran my SD bull barrel setup in my PGC Delta kit. Probably just needed to round of the chamber locks on the slide though. Yes, the PGC barrels that come with their kits are aluminum and are VERY light weight compared to the SD barrel setup. You might run into the same problems when using the Nova kit. And yes, those silver Kimber and SA Nova kits on Redwolf very nice.

Never had expirience with PGC but just installed NOVA Marsoc on my 1911. Quality is perfect, engraving and overal finish on slide, frame and barrel is better than I expected. I can't compare but for me it;s really good. Sound that it makes when slide cycle is brilliant :). All the parts are aluminium sa it's quite light and thats the only minus for me. but it's still more heavy than oryginal. Weight is perfect when i put original grips with metal things inside. With iaftermarket/ wood grips it's a bit light...

Hey everybody

i am currently in Japan and earlier today i was out shopping for some parts for my hi-capa and i bought a hammer from caromshot, but when i came home i found out that it said for m1911 on the package, does any of you know if it will fit anyway ? :)

if not i may buy a M1911 and hitman style grips at first-shop in osaka when i get there and then put the hammer on there :)

thanks in advance

well, first of all, i think you asked this in the wrong section since this is a picture thread. there's a thread in the tech discussion and a 1911 specific thread in that also. (don't worry, i made the same mistake a few posts up)

but to answer you question, i think it might not fit because the stock 1911 has a specific grip safety that allows for a specific type of hammer. the hi capa on the other hand uses a different style (whether it be the 4.3 style or the 5.1 beavertail style). i've tried putting a stock 1911 hammer on a capa... no luck. and a capa hammer i'm almost certain doesn't work on a 1911 with a stock grip safety. although i could be wrong because it all depends on the cut of the hammer (i.e. the shape).

I have seen instances when Hi-Capa and 1911 hammers seem to be compatible. I have a PDI Hi-Capa hammer on my TM 1911 right now in fact. I hesitate to say that all 1911 and Hi-Capa hammers are interchangeable but it seems like it is quite possible.

Also, how did a question about a Hi-Capa get moved to this thread?

so i ended up answering my own question regarding the quality of NOVA kits. if you're interested, read my full post in the 1911 picture topic.

also, i tried a nineball hicapa slide stop on my 1911 (wide, long, black, and i'm not referring to a penis) and the slide locked back on the last shot. drop in fit and no problems. maybe it's different with the slim, long, slide stops?

I found that my 9Ball long slim slide stop would occasionally work if it was in the right position. However, when I did more extensive testing I found that it didn't lock back reliably. I'll be interested to see if yours continues to work every time.

Archived