Tokyo Marui M1911-A1 Thread

Fuser

Well, considering that on the Marui 1911/2011s you cannot de-cock the thing WITHOUT hitting the half-cock position, unlike the Western Arms.

I mean, you HAVE to rack the slide at one point to enable the Maruis to get into a position where they are able to fire.

I would also think that the spurless hammer would be better on a DAO handgun instead.

Airsoft, once again. If it looks good, and you like it, and it works for you, then get it. <shrugs>

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about the double post but I can't find a Edit button...

But Will Hi-Capa aftermarket slides work with the M1911A1?

Also, Sheriff 45. parts. Will a main spring houseing and a extended slide stop from Sheriff work on a TM 1911A1?

Thank you.

To elaborate though you need the internals from a HiCapa to put in said slide. the 1911 internals won't do it.

You also need this part for fitting a 5.1.

4.3 will go on how it is (but again needs 4.3 internals to work).

Krame - Since you've got a spare TM hammer lying around (I'm guessing since you've some aftermarket ones fitted) I'd suggest you take to one with a grinder or file and see what it looks like in the flesh before investing.

To me on a full size 1911 it looks like you've dropped it and broken something. ;)

To elaborate though you need the internals from a HiCapa to put in said slide. the 1911 internals won't do it.

You also need this part for fitting a 5.1.

The only thing really necessary to fit Hi Capa slide other than the TK Spacer, is the correct outer barrel set up and recoil guide rod set up.

If he chooses to go with a SD slide, he can run the stock barrel bushing, outer barrel, but he will need to swap to a full length guide rod and it might be a little out of spec in terms of the guide bushing. The hop up units are almost the same (the 1911 has a post for the recoil guide) and the blowback units are the same.

Good point Sherlock/Hkssr, I forgot to point out, the barrel, bushing and guide rod for a hicapa are required to use a hicapa slide, unless you want to dremel the notch for the 1911 bushing yourself, after that you can use all the guts from your 1911 no problem. The TK spacer isn't 100% necessary but it doesn't seem to hurt.

If you click this link and scroll down, you can see the bits marked in red that you have to remove. Not sure if anymore mods are required as I have only fitted a PGC frame. Some one else may be able to help you further;

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...p;id=M191104SSV

So I did a search of this thread, can't seem to find a definitive answer for it, would real steel rear sight fit a TM 1911? And does anybody own a KJW 1911(new gen) can verify that in this respect is the gun similar at all(or the same) as the TM? And would a sight like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Colt-1911-Low-Profile-...1QQcmdZViewItem fit the 1911A1 style slide, or is it made for the newer generation of 1911-esque gun?

It will, but it would take some filing to get it to fit. You're going to have to come up with a novel way of attaching the front sight, however, if you want to put that on there as well.

Does anyone know if the new PAP beavertail safety for the TM 1911 over at Gunsnguys is meant for a government-style frame or the newer Springfield-type frames with the shortened tang?

I've got a problem. I decided to put a inner barrel (Tanio Koba 6.04mm for TM m1911) and Guarder Outer Barrel & Chamber into my TM 1911.

I took it apart, then put it back again to make sure it works after the disassembly. Everything was ok, so I took it down again, dismounted the recoil spring, took out the inner barrel and hop up chamber out of the TM outer barrel, then unscrewed the chamber, put in the inner barrel, screwed it in again, and put in into the Guarder outer barrel.

Then I put everything back together, but the slide wouldn't move to the end, like 8mm left, so I couldnt put the locking pin back in.

I put the inner barrel+chamber into the TM barrel+chamber, and the slide wouldn't move back at all, unless you pushed the outer barrel down, then it would move fully back, but the pin-hole in the hop-up chamber wouldn't align with the outer holes. (like 1mm offset).

The hop-up chamber moves inside the chamber a bit, the part that fit's into the lower area of the barrel+chamber assembly, can cycle a bit, like 8mm, back and forth.

Any ideas what did I f... up ?:)

I managed to put the pin in on the Guarder metal barrel, but the slide is very slugish, and requires force to move back and forward.

The same thing happens with the TM barrel, everything stock. If you fire, the gas get's dumped somwhere inside, and vents out the hammer exit.

Hi guys,

First off my search is buggered so no I cannot search!!! :P

I have got a TM 1911 (well it is still in box downstairs and I think I will resist it until christmas day :P ) and was wondering if anyone has any ways of making the standard grips on the TM 1911 a bit brighter, maybe sanding or something. I am open to suggestions. At the moment it looks a bit "meh" and I want it to look "Wow" as I believe grips are one of the most defining features about GBB's. I do not want to buy other ones because I am trying to keep the gun realistic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Is there a HUGE difference in the qualities of the PGC and the Guarder kits? I see different reviews on each. I kow the PGC is slightly higher quality, but is it a huge margin? If so, what parts? Also, I have already modified my TM to work with the Guarder (and it does, wonderfully). If I decided to use a PGC, would the modded parts work in it?

Not necessarily. You don't need to shave the sides of the blowback chamber like you do on the P226. But any modifications you make to fit the Guarder might be either too loose or too tight when swapping to another metal beody, even a Guarder. If you are going to swap to a higher quality body (yes the PGC is MUCH higher quality than the Guarder, much) then why bother wasting money on the Guarder in the first place. Save your money and shoot the stock body until it dies, if it ever does.

hey guys.

i putting my 1911 back together after giving it, its first overhaul since i got it.

now i have a few problems.

firstly, i cant remember how the spring for the hammer lock mechinism is put in, i have tried to put it back in and im still stumped. so could anyone help me here.

oh and how do i put the rear sight back on?

cheers.

fixed cheers.

i have noticed some odd goings on while im using it, the slide sometimes does not want to cycle again it gets jammed, my only thought was that it is something to do with the piston. and from time to time bb's just fall out of the barrel.

what could be wrong with it?

cheers

Drew.

naaa.. mine takes blue... black and blue..

ET1000 and propane at this point in time have been fine with it. :)

However, I have noticed on the hotter days, that the kick/recoi/cycling time is almost too fast.

Archived