Tokyo Marui M1911-A1 Thread

Fuser

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does 1911's loading nozzle also share the problem with Hi-Capa's? I 've heard quite a few people's Hi-Capa's loading nozzle cracked. While I am not sure what the cause is, could it be caused by running the higher pressure Green/Propane?

Hey guys I just got a Nova Kimber Marsoc set for my TM 1911 and the front sight is very loose. I've thought of a few ways of securing it like shimming it up with tape but that leaves a large gap between the slide and the sight. Does anyone have any other suggestions? By the way for those unfamiliar with the Nova Kimber set the front sight is a dovetail design.

whosloosing92: Instead of only "shimming" the sight from below, fold your shim to face the rear (or front) of the sight base. This will reduce the slack from two directions. I cut a piece of coke can and folded one edge to an angle to shim a real rear sight to my KWA G19.

cgyarring: Depending on the slide it may break easily if you try to alter the form, but the rails on the frame can be hammered to take out the play. At your own risk of course.

-Sale

whosloosing92: Instead of only "shimming" the sight from below, fold your shim to face the rear (or front) of the sight base. This will reduce the slack from two directions. I cut a piece of coke can and folded one edge to an angle to shim a real rear sight to my KWA G19.

I tried the coke can shim on an SD Hi-Capa slide the other day, but there was not enough space for the piece of aluminium, yet the sight was still too loose. Instead I nipped tiny notches in the edges of the front sight (the edges that wedge into the sharp angles of the dovetail) with wire cutters, which made the sight a very tight fit.

Anyone have a link to a site which sells the TK Spacer? Google.com is not being nice to me when I search for it!

Here

Anyone know if there is a Springfield Operator kit out yet? Or a stand alone chrome barrel and bore, so I can make a Springield loaded? Thanks!

Dentrinity Part #: GSMS895 + GSMS965S

That's Shooter Design S.A. .45 Chamber + Hi-Capa 5.1 straight barrel. This will fit a TM1911 and is stainless steel finish.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...MOBSV_srch_Nine Ball

Also works, though not labeled as Springfield...

Has anybody gotten the TK parts if so have you successfully put in? I asked because I have it everything else fits right, but I'm having trouble with the beavertail I feel that TK made these for their tactical frame and not for TM's stock frame.... :(

Oh and one more thing, RS triggers will they fit?

Thats what I figured with the TK parts. It looked from the pictures like it would only fit a frame cut for a beavertail like the TK frame and Nova kits. The cut of the beavertail is too small to fit on the large pointy government style tang.

i just bought the guarder springfield frame (it looks sooo cool after installing it) but im having a bit of a dilemma..

c2166c00.jpg

should this screw be "a bit" loose? whenever i tighten the screw, c*cking the slide becomes rough and sluggish to the point where u actually have to pull the slide up forcefully, gets stuck that way, and u'd have to push the slide back.

when i loosened this screw a bit (around 3/4ths of a turn before you ultimately tighten it), slide function became smoother and better. so my question is, should i leave it loose and untightened? is that safe?

thanks

p.s.

sorry for my english..

HI Guys!

I installed a laylax springguide rod for 1911 and due to design failure it won't work

Here is a picture:

http://666kb.com/i/awlglnaongbe3i4jt.jpg

The red mark box item always fall off....does somebody this problem too and have a solution to fix this problem?

i tried to fix it with strong glue(epoxy).

same happened to me, but i told you ;)

thats why i said its *beep*

Thats what I figured with the TK parts. It looked from the pictures like it would only fit a frame cut for a beavertail like the TK frame and Nova kits. The cut of the beavertail is too small to fit on the large pointy government style tang.

Meh, I bought the kit for the other parts. A Nova safety alone costs more than all the parts together at WGC.

Archived