Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i was to replace the hopup rubber (as my hopup isn't that fantastic) what would be the best one to go for and where from ? Cheers

The hop rubber on my`85 was useless <_< .So I`m gonna try a guarder clear enhanced hop bucking and I heard elsewhere on Arnies that the Madbull `Shark` 3 fin bucking sold by Firesupport is `sposed to be the dogs,so I`m gonna try one of those too.

Well, s much for the video review.

After finishing the second hicap for testing, the gun fires a bb on it's own, no trigger pull.

Hmm, says I. Perhaps I jolted the sprign release. Try another semi shot.

Cue horriffic grinding noise.

Piston is fubar'd.

So, only 800 rounds and it's dead. Woo.

And the best bit? Can't get another one until next next week, as I'm so busy in the interim that I can't get to Gunner's Shop.

After finishing the second hicap for testing, the gun fires a bb on it's own, no trigger pull.

Piston is fubar'd.

And the best bit? Can't get another one until next next week, as I'm so busy in the interim that I can't get to Gunner's Shop.

Eeek thats hard luck mate. Hope you get it sorted soon :/

Piston is fubar'd.

OMG! A clone of the G&G L85 suffering with a stripped piston?

In other news today it was revealed that the pope is Catholic.

:P

Sorry dude. I know you must be gutted but look on the bright side...

The piston is a timebomb.

Ok, it's exploded but it hasn't taken anything else with it (gears, trigger switch etc).

The worst is over.

Bung a TM piston in it, along with one of those extenders from Redwolf and you're good to go, for real this time.

While you're at it you might want to consider binning the sector gear and replacing it with a TM one too.

Sure, it removes the pre-cocked firing but you get MUCH improved battery life and it's probably easier on the gears and spring too.

Grr took mine down to get at the hop unit to see if i could give it more persuasion to re-allign properly and now i cant get the sodding blowback to work. Very annoyed right now.

Edit : I've sorted it, was my fault not aligning the 2 body pieces exactly although i really wanna find a way to secure that spring and hook in place for the blowback

Edited by Freypal
OMG! A clone of the G&G L85 suffering with a stripped piston?

In other news today it was revealed that the pope is Catholic.

:P

Sorry dude. I know you must be gutted but look on the bright side...

The piston is a timebomb.

Ok, it's exploded but it hasn't taken anything else with it (gears, trigger switch etc).

The worst is over.

Bung a TM piston in it, along with one of those extenders from Redwolf and you're good to go, for real this time.

While you're at it you might want to consider binning the sector gear and replacing it with a TM one too.

Sure, it removes the pre-cocked firing but you get MUCH improved battery life and it's probably easier on the gears and spring too.

Spare piston will be available in a few days ... :D

Can't wait to get mine, airsoftworld says there’s have been delayed as faults are being fixed, so have to wait until mid/late august. I'm not surprised by some of the stories of it so far; think a tight barrel and new hop rubber or unit will be a first purchase for me, but £100, bargain.

Well, does what they say on Airsoft World about the R85's HK shipment have anything to do with these problems, or are they just trying to hurt business?

I bet later batches of the R85 will work flawless like FarEast's...

I dunno i dont think there have been problems like ASW were saying. Of all the ones that were shipped the only universal problem seems to have been mags being difficult to seat which fixed itself after a while.

There have been no stories of the terrible wiring that ASW reported and for one mine is wired up very well.

I've just had an idea to get hold of a cheap SUSAT,i've mailed a seller on ebay.com who is selling cheap springer SA80s to ask if they have any broken guns from which they would sell me a sight.The one in question is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=190132958588 which is a HFC model but there's the Academy model as well.It has to be worth a shot if you only want a SUSAT for the looks & i can get hold of one cheap enough?

Forget using a SUSAT off a springer or the Academy L85.

The springer SUSATs are just a shell with perspex glued in with a cross etched on. Awful.

The Academy SUSAT is an RDS but it's dreadful quality.

The final nail in the coffin is that ALL these sights have fake rail clamps. They just screw to the top of the receiver. They don't attach to a 20mm rail.

The Star SUSAT is still the ONLY game in town for a decent AEG L85.

Forget using a SUSAT off a springer or the Academy L85.

The springer SUSATs are just a shell with perspex glued in with a cross etched on. Awful.

The Academy SUSAT is an RDS but it's dreadful quality.

The final nail in the coffin is that ALL these sights have fake rail clamps. They just screw to the top of the receiver. They don't attach to a 20mm rail.

The Star SUSAT is still the ONLY game in town for a decent AEG L85.

Oh bum,i've mailed airsoftshooter,actionhobbies,rsov about them.I knew they were a shell useless for anything else but i thought that they would at least be useful for looks.I aint buying a star one for £99 & then having to buy the rail to attach to my gun :unsure: I suppose i have to much time on my hands today!

You can easily make the Star SUSAT fit on a 20mm rail.

All you need to do is remove the rail from the gun, turn it over and sandpaper the underneath of the V of the rail.

Only takes about 5 minutes.

The Star SUSAT is $99 in HK, plus about $20 shipping. A bit easier to swallow than a hundred-odd quid.

Hello, new in this forum, Sabinillas from Spain

Only one thing to say, after receiving the R85 from RSOV, less than 300 shots, piston brakes.

Is ridicolous, it can be cheap, but I think, it must work, more than 300 shots, don´t you think?

Thanks for all

Hey bro

thanks for your order please send me your contact info at ' aftersales@hk-knd.com ' I will then ship you a spare piston when they arrived someday next week.

thanks a lot

keith