the best parts of airsoft

he's in the bushes!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like im 10 years old on christmas eve and I know my parents got me something good this year.

Its there, it exists! the only thing that separates me and it is time! time forced upon me by higher powers, designed purely to torment and agonise me!

I'm trying to distract myself with anything: reading, computer games surfing the internet, even house work but none of it works! gah! All I can do is glance at the clock every two minutes and wail "waaat!? only two minutes since i last looked? dammit! time, hurry up!"

I have a delivery on the way, two deliveries in fact.

one is a new gun, the other is bits to go with it.

both will likely arrive today, sometime between 6pm and 8pm. (delivered by the same company - though the orders are from two different shops - so i can assume they will arrive together).

So, here I am at 4pm agonising and waiting, not even sure if they will arrive today.

I'm going to have a good weekend playing around with the new gun, writing a review, taking pictures, clearing my apartment of bad guys over and over again. I can't wait.

I love airsoft.

Watching your mate run down a hill screaming with a 249 hip firing, and laughing your *albartroth* off as you see 3 opposing team members clearing out. He always gets to borrow the the teams' 249's now. :)

One that I've found never gets old.

At my regular site we have to share with paintballers, and it allways makes me laugh when their rentals turn up, see us with AEGs etc and start thinking "ooh those look nice," only to be handed something that looks like it was knocked together from spare parts from B&Q. The look on their faces is priceless

One that I've found never gets old.

At my regular site we have to share with paintballers, and it allways makes me laugh when their rentals turn up, see us with AEGs etc and start thinking "ooh those look nice," only to be handed something that looks like it was knocked together from spare parts from B&Q. The look on their faces is priceless

We're not allowed to have ANY AEG's on display when walking past the paintball bit at my local, as it distracts the licenses to print money... er I mean the paintball rentals...

• 2 weeks later...

Getting kissed and groped when being medic'd.

My girlfriend's first time, she kinda got into it well. :)

(Shame she was wearing birdpoo-multicam though. Will sort out some DPM for her next time.)

Shotguns

CQB

Meeting your 'softer friends for the first time in ages

Shotgunning in CQB

Shooting your 'softer friends in CQB with a shotgun

Getting shot by your 'softer friends in CQB

Getting shot in CQB*

Going to a courier depo that has been paid to take something to my door but refuses to believe my house exists ¬.¬ and eventually by assosiation loving the office because it means you just baught something cool :D.

Loving the letters from customs asking for proof of defence, just because i know what to do in that situation and so many dont (even regular 'softers!) AND because it means i just baught something cool.

*you actually feal the hits, i hate woodland because i cant feal the hits so i get accused of cheating if i get shot in my back and don't see the BBs flying into me.

Patrolling towards an objective, no contacts, sounds of AEG fire in the distance, absolutely still and calm... And then all of a sudden you here the alert "contact front" and hit the deck, firing a few rounds off to keep the enemies head down. Then hearing the order to give covering fire as one fireteam moves forward an lobs a grenade into the enemies position.

That's such an awesome feeling.

standing ankle deep in a stream with a couple o' serving, a 'softer and another ex server blatting rounds at a sanger, wondering what the hell your doing as round whip across the top and wondering why you took that Medical Discharge... you don't think you dont "play" you act and react, later you chat over the forums / in the Pub over a jar or two.

I love the general camaraderie, I used to paintball a lot and that's not really so friendly. I love how in airsoft after a game both teams chat, laugh, and share moments.

Other than that, the milsim aspect is great fun, again to compare it to paintball, if I'd yelled "enemy front" on my old paintball site no one would've known what the hell I was talking about. It's great when everyone is playing tactically and it all comes together. There's also a weird sadistic pleasure to being completely cut down by automatic fire from several AEGs!

Has to be the friendships you make and how much fun it is to go in storming a base full force with your allies by your hip while rounds wizz past your head, pyros go off in the distance and you spray some cover fire back their way. The adrenaline rush is great, I love it.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with the parcel receiving, thats one of the best parts! :) I think the whole making "new" friends part to me though is the best bit, even better when after a couple of months playing you're invited into an already well established team. It's also a hobby that my girlfriend has which makes it even better as it give us both something to do on a weekend (when we're not doing other naughty stuff not suitable for the board) ;)

Archived