what's so good about eotech?

HK luver

Mate, this is at least the third thread I've seen you wade into with your e-penis and declare your vast riches. If you have lots of money, honestly we're all very happy for you, however if you can think of no better use for your money and time than to come on here and declare said fact then perhaps you are not really living life to the full? Why not go buy yourself a bundle of real EOTechs and let the rest of us get on with having an adult conversation.

Love and Kisses,

Boar.

x

First, actually, and I just have good budgeting skills. Besides, I only have one EOTech 512, and I'm not planning on buying a second any time soon. :) This is, however the second thread that you've decided to drag into a e-penis fight with me.

uscmCorps pretty much hit the nail on the head, but since nobody here is willing to voice their opinions without making sure it's not threatening to a 6-year-old girl, I figured I'd go ahead and do it for them. And since Stealthbomber, somebody who actually has some authority on the forums, hasn't told me to lighten up, then I guess I'm in the clear, now aren't I?

P-E, PK-AS is only good on an AK, you should know better.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What, someone still pretends to have an adult conversation here?

I'll sum up the thread for you:

START: "What's so good about them? They're expensive! OMFG!"

MIDDLE: "They are butt ugly as well! And look, you can break the lens with a BB!"

MIDDLE: "Look, it's our money and we spend it how we want to. It's a good sight for us. Are you jealous or what's the point of this thread?"

END: "Oh now you're bragging about your money, you geardo! We were having an adult conversation here about how EOTechs are overpriced, useless and ugly, until you came along waving your e-penis in our faces!"

Maybe if you cut back a bit on the hostile attitude towards people who happen to own EOTech sights, you would get less people being touchy about the subject.

-Sale

I went over the thread and was surprised (although I probably shouldn't have been...) at the accuracy of this summary.

Maybe if you cut back a bit on the hostile attitude towards people who happen to own EOTech sights, you would get less people being touchy about the subject.

-Sale

If that part was aimed at me then I think you may have misunderstood me slightly. A few threads ago this guy was telling a kid that if he had to decide between two pistols then he just didn't have enough money to play airsoft anyway, and his post on this thread perhaps sent me over the top. Personally, I'm of the opinion that you should do whatever the hell you want with your own money and you don't need to justify yourself to anyone else.

Now now, let's leave other threads out of this one. If you want to make it your own personal crusade to get me in trouble, so be it, but stick to the topic at hand, which is HK Luver hating EOTech users because he obviously can't afford one himself.

The reason I chose to buy a real Eotech, was because at the time, the alternative wasn't worth it, and that was the general opinion of the forum. I'm talking about the $175 Hurricane 552, with the lenses that glared. Made no sense to buy a hurricane when i could purchase a real 512 locally for $300, less than double the price.

If these cheaper clones had been out at the time i was in the market for one, then yes, i probably would have bought one instead of the real deal.

To be honest, I think he's just voicing the frustration the vast majority of posters in this thread have had with the topic starter's inability to accept that other people have a overwhelmingly different opinion. This thread, and the topic starter's attitude is tiresome.

What would be REALLY awesome, is if this thread could be locked by a mod and left to crawl away to make way for more important and interesting threads.

I love how you think this thread should be locked but you still post on it...

To be honest, I think he's just voicing the frustration the vast majority of posters in this thread have had with the topic starter's inability to accept that other people have a overwhelmingly different opinion. This thread, and the topic starter's attitude is tiresome.

What would be REALLY awesome, is if this thread could be locked by a mod and left to crawl away to make way for more important and interesting threads.

Now THAT'S the smartest thing I've read all day... Seriously? 7 Damn pages... EOTech's are great, if you don't like the looks or price get something else? Doesn't stop them being excellent sights.

Now THAT'S the smartest thing I've read all day... Seriously? 7 Damn pages... EOTech's are great, if you don't like the looks or price get something else? Doesn't stop them being excellent sights.

No one ever said they were bad sights...maybe reading the thread would be a good idea if you wanted to post in it...

I think this thread is a good case of people making comments way out of their league with a huge lot of ego thrown in the mix.

Discussion on how the EOtech looks on your gun is always moot, it's just like a fashion/tabloid mag. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and taste.

When it comes to discussing functionality of a holosight, not many airsofters get to own a holosight (Bushnell or EOtech), therefore not many people know the real difference between a RDS and a Holosight and are qualify to comment on the Real thing/clone discussion. That's why until I see a poster in this type of thread actually says that he own a holosight, I tend to take his posts/information with a grain of salt.

Just my $.02.

My first optic for my M4 was a G&P Aimpoint, it was nice. Easy to point and shoot, quick target sighting.

However my only gripe was the small little 30mm viewport.

A guy with a 552 Eotech was playing at a game, let me look through...

Needless to say, im now a proud owner of a 511 Eotech, bought it used. It has a much larger area to view through compared to the aimpoint. The front of it doesn't have a red gleam like the aimpoint did.

Im more comfortable using both eyes open compared to the aimpoint for some reason.

It is great optic, and i will never use anything else.

Oh, for those of you who think its "Ugly", does that matter when your looking through it? You have a larger viewport, and you can get the other guy faster then he can get you. Thats the most important part...

my $.02

No one ever said they were bad sights...maybe reading the thread would be a good idea if you wanted to post in it...

No, but you don't even seem to have a point. When anyone disagrees with you, you sit on the fence saying how great you think they are. You don't think its worth it in airsoft... Ok? Some people do, you can't change that and you're not even trying... So.... Agree to disagree? Its not nice to read people getting stressy over something that is simply a personal decision.

/End Topic.

I've used red dot sights quite a bit, and at a game a little while ago I had a look at a real Eotech that someone had bought.

It was ok, the finish was nice etc, and the whole thing seemed pretty slick, but it didn't work any better than my RDS, it was just far more expensive, so fine, buy an Eotech if you really feel the need to have a massively expensive optic, but don't be under any illusion that you need it.

Also. just because someone doesn't have an Eotech it doesn't mean he can't afford one, it might just mean that he doesn't want to divert money from buying polish for his Ferrari, saying "OMG ur so jellus innit" just makes you sound like a retard.

And him bashing those than do have them isn't retarded.

Right, the internet all makes sense now. There is no spoon. Women don't belong on the internet. I hate this chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.

Oh, in case you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm. Because, you know, it wasn't obvious enough that HK Luver made this thread to bash those that do have EOTechs.

There isn't anything 'so good about eotechs' I personally think there a bag of Shi*te. There just really fancy, sqaured shaped, Expensive Red dots. Although that is my small and probably worthless opinion. But to be honest even the cheaper replicas arn't anything I would get excited over. I don't think they even have an optical zoom which I find annoying as it's Meant to be a 'sight'.

Both wrong, a red dot sight is also a red dot scope. You mean telescopic sight (watch someone correct me)

And EOTech's aren't just red dots... They are parallax free, meaning that where ever that little circle is, thats where your shot will go, unlike a red dot system which change when you move your head.

And him bashing those than do have them isn't retarded.

Right, the internet all makes sense now. There is no spoon. Women don't belong on the internet. I hate this chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.

Oh, in case you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm. Because, you know, it wasn't obvious enough that HK Luver made this thread to bash those that do have EOTechs.

you just can't get over the fact that i don't care what you do with your money...I don't care who has/doesnt have an eotech and you just can't get over the fact that i actually do like eotechs...You probably just love giving me a bad time but im over it and like i've said before, This thread is about eotechs and not who likes them...so you don't need to post again on this thread because your not helping anyone...

Archived