Battle-Worn Picture Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zepher : AH YES! that thingy name is called a riser --' (lost in translation), i kind of ran out of money this month, so maybe next month the pic will be updated :) (make sure you post your SPR too sir)

thanks

First of all, a big thanks to my Swedish friend, GRIM! Thanks man, it works like you said!

Oh, trying to impressionat a Contractor in Iraq!

Great, so beuatifull, but that AK sucks!

Contractor1.jpg

It's like brand new... a Contractor uses a old one!

AK7.jpg

It even shines! :D

Go Gadjet, go... in this case... Grim go... with some tips, and the final result:

AK6.jpg

The detail... very f*ckted up!!!

AK5.jpg

AK4.jpg

Tchazam!!!

AK2.jpg

AK1.jpg

One scratch over there, other scractch in the top...

AK3.jpg

A brand new used AK!!!

Try it !!! Sorry, I don't reveall how I do it... but involves motoroil, exaust pouwder and lots of oiled and dusty hands!!! :D

STUNTMAN

Edited by STUNTMAN
That is absolutely brilliant stuntman.

Thanks a lot. Firts, i was a bit... let us say, in doubt of the final result, but i trusted GRIM! we made it to his guns, so...

When i saw mine... wow!!! I'm happy now!

STUNTMAN

cheers guys, didnt take long, a wire brush, some sand paper and a knife supplied all the scratches and scrapes, i then got the stock and hand guard took it to my garden and grabbed some dry mudd clumps and just sprinkled it all over rubbing it in, same applied for the metal parts like the barrel and the charging handle, but i was extra careful not to get dirt into any moving parts.

well worth it in the end tho.

All the wear this time is subtle, as they're natural. Only thing that was artificially induced was the home-made suppressor. I painted it to make it look burned/heated from repeated firing. I used reference photos of actual suppressor to help me this time.

receiverul3.jpg

griptu3.jpg

peqrailhr1.jpg

receiveroppiy2.jpg

sideangleoppeh5.jpg

suppressorpy3.jpg

suppressorfrontji1.jpg

I've burnt my VFC HK416 flash hider, and it looks pretty good, but the carbon rubs off fairly easily, and its hard to tell that anything has been done to it, except in bright light.

My brother has a mini-blowtorch, and I might take that to the flash hider and see what happens..

and why leave carbon on a flashhider? you do realise soldiers clean that OFF fairly regularly? too regularly for it to be milsim? :P

Well, the carbon is the only thing that really shows that it has been burnt, but yeah, unless you're planning on firing some 5.56m BB's through it, nothing can really give you a decent 'used' look..