Battle-Worn Picture Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not being funny but what exactly is "vietnam" era about the M16 ?

30 rnd mags ,round foregrip ,long stock ,H bar,removeable carry handle and shelved pistol grip all point to later models !

Not to mention details like cartridge deflector and re-enforcing ribs etc on the reciever :S

Edited by 1st Commando
Looks good, although I think if you scrawled your details in Russian it'd look better ;)

I actually bought a used bakelite mag, it had sharpie on it so i just decided to keep it on and see what it looked like. and it works! For my next mag, I'm actually getting my Russian friend to help me write some words. I'll post pics when im done ;)

That wood needs more wear, IMO it just looks weird when body is nicely worn but other parts look like they haven't seen any action yet.

Yea, totally agree. But I did wear down the wood, just doesn't really show up as much when I take pics with my flash. But it could use a little more, any techniques anyone knows of that wants to share with me? :D

Speaking of worn M16 receivers....

I did this last year back in March or so. It was inspired by the old GAU5 carbines with new M4A1 upper receivers the AFSOC guys would have used before most of them were replaced by the complete M4A1s. If I only had an A1 lower receiver, it would have been better.

sopmodgua5lx9.jpg

sopmodgua5oppsm6.jpg

flashcloseql9.jpg

And that, boys and girls, was our daily schooling from Souske.

That GAU-5 is epic win. I love the contrasting finishes and the paintjob, very accurate and well thought out.

Haha, thanks. The gun's no longer like that, but it certainly was different at the time. Too bad it reflected the sunlight too much, or I would have kept it that way.

My guess is he tied the front sight to a string and then spun around like a 6 year old on a sugar high while holding the other end of the string....then buried it, soaked it with a hose. Probably let it sit for a week, then ###### (urinated) on it, and buried it again! :mellow:

Edited by Whitedingo
My guess is he tied the front sight to a string and then spun around like a 6 year old on a sugar high while holding the other end of the string....then buried it, soaked it with a hose. Probably let it sit for a week, then ###### (urinated) on it, and buried it again! :mellow:

Haha, yea...the rust/corrosion looks authentic. It's not an aluminum body right? I don't think aluminum can corrode like that...unless I'm thinking of a thinking metal.