How Hardcore are you?

Mr.Hyde

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

went out with a bow and some larp arrows on saturday. Only 30lb draw weight tho which meant a range of 30mt max but was great stalking practice. stoopid larp arrows are as aimable as paper airplanes but had a couple of near misses. Perhaps fowling blunts and a 40lb string will give better results while still being safe.

Someone cooked a grenade off and then popped it into the gully I was having a scrap with him over. i picked it up dived out of the gully and bear hugged/rugby tackled him with the grenade, letting it go off in his hand.

Bit unnecessary

but hardcore

And I once punched a lion in the throat

I use to play in a two story warehouse in Philadelphia that was used for supplying corner stores, but the owner's son was an airsofter so we got to use it before it got knocked down. Once game I was playing up stairs and I was up against a window so I go to look in it and see two guys and shoot them, then I jumped through it and went around to shoot the rest of the guys in the room. I felt good.

• 1 month later...

Played the rabbit at my local field. The exchange was exactly this:

CO: "Who has the highest rate of fire."

Me: "I do, you want me over on the right?"

CO: "I want you to run straight up the *fruitcage* middle."

I proceeded to book it down a completely exposed road, and start firing at the three enemy guys hunkered down on the right. Needless to say, I lost in a bad way (a few shots to the face, one in the lip which ended up in my mouth). As they popped out to fire at me, my teammates cut them down, so it was worth it in the end.

That, and almost tackling a guy when playing CQB. We decided to rush, so did they, and me and the guy almost ran into eachother top speed. We managed to stop about a foot from eachother. The look on his face pretty much said it all as I reflexively double tapped him in the chest, and proceeded to fire on his teammate.

Another hardcore moment was camping out in a ditch full of water for half an hour with a teammate, in a torrential downpour. Water was cascading over my boonie hat, making things even more awesome than they were already. We had one working gun between the two of us. Eventually, the remaining enemy guy came after us (I had already taken out the other one with an unbelievably lucky headshot at 170 or so feet), and shot my teammate. I laid down flat in the ditch, and waited for him to come closer. As he got all the way up the hill, I sighted in and put a burst in his chest. One of the greatest skirmishes ever.

taking a sprint through a door way and sliding on my plastic knee pads " John woo style " whilst shooting my M4 and killing 2 guys

Daving round a corner and throwing a frag" john mclane style" and then landing on glass ( thank f**k for elbow pads )

• 2 weeks later...

When playing a speed ball game my team was p****footing around so i decided i'd had enough of waiting, so pulled my side arm out, and managed to walk down one flank firing as i went until i got to the half way point of the field and took cover.

During this escapade i'd had 5 people fire at me with AEGs (god knows how i didn't get hit), and managed to get 2 kills, all i can say is god bless propane adaptors :-)

@l96ninja: Haha nice one, i bet that shut up the opfor

During one of the warm up games of Take and Hold, the team I was on seemed to stall. Our flankers had tried going along the extreme upper and lower bounds of the field, but had ended up respawning twice.

My little group, had the fun task of running through the centre ground (which we assumed would be heavily defended - it wasn't.) to try and take & hold the OpFor bases.

We got stalled, and I got tired of waiting. So, I jumped up and sprinted as fast as I could, across open ground, which was covered in about 15in of dead plant life. Everything was fine .No-one had seen (or heard) the fat lad sprinting - until one of my mates, the muppet, yelled "GO H_ GO!" at which point, about 12 members of OpFor started shooting at me.

I'm nearly at cover - several big trees, when my foot gets caught on a plant. I roll/fall over forwards and the the left, and land on my back (And I'm more worried about my gun than myself :lol:)

I roll onto my front, aim and take out 3 Opfor - then, OpFor's sniper plants 1 round right into the base of my back.

Also - jumping out of a barn, with nothing but a Glock 18 with a hi-cap, suprising a guy and emptying a good 30 rounds into him before he could nick a flag, then I myself stole the flag and ran back to my team's point.

Both of my guns broke in the day i was playing so i took out a kinfe and charged the enemy base.... i got lit up but still....

I trust it was a soft training/theatrical knife that was approved by the site to be carried during a game?

Archived