Special Forces Civilian/PMC look? Pt.2

101matt1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its just a simple ID holder i picked up for a few quid at the USMC shop, the jacket is a Propper TACU with the ID insert into the left arm pocket with the id flap velcro'ed on the outside to save it flapping over the serpa on my chest.

Van Meulder: i was thinking of a PACA but when for the Blackwater IO plate carrier seeing as its compact an yet has ability to attach molle items.

Thanks for the comments, i hope to be getting more images as my squad an I are venturing to Portland this sunday to visit "The Rock".

Also this image is of my team mate, lack of armour due to being "ard as nails" :rolleyes:

dsc00042tu3.jpg

I'm still a fan of the T.B.S:

(Disney Contractor, it could happen)

MAAJonesybear.jpg

But I've been switching it up lately, from my spartanish Hammer/Shotgun/Sidearm combo:

Hammertime11.jpg

And finally, my newer MC HSGI stuff- which technically doesn't count as a contractor load, because it's in a camouflage pattern. But..meh.

l_ba6d681bd7911d82417fd4ff8243c1cd.jpg

Notsobig.jpg

l_23881420a32aa7abc8c809ec81ee173c.jpg

I'm still a fan of the T.B.S:

(Disney Contractor, it could happen)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Pbh...AJonesybear.jpg

And finally, my newer MC HSGI stuff- which technically doesn't count as a contractor load, because it's in a camouflage pattern. But..meh.

Is it that they can't wear any camo pattern? I always heard it was that they cannot wear camo patterns that are issued to coalition forces.

Is it that they can't wear any camo pattern? I always heard it was that they cannot wear camo patterns that are issued to coalition forces.

I believe it's more a gray area.

The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR - 252.225-7040) prohibits the wear of military clothing by contractors unless approved by the Combatant Commander and even then they are required to wear distinctive items in order to be distinguishable from military personnel, consistent with force protection measures.

I don't think PMCs can be granted protections under the Geneva Conventions, because would involve wearing of recognized national uniforms of combatant units.

Basically, since PMCs are not combatants, they can't wear anything that would identify them as such- and since there are "variations*" of MC being used, I assumed it would be a no-no. (*Polish "Suez" Pattern.)

But if I'm wrong, it's all good. :-)

Is it me, or is that Orlando bloom as Private Blackburns twin brother?

:D

I'm afraid I don't see the resemblance, but I can't help but notice how light a shade that OD seems to be. I do the like the attention to detail when it comes to the binders on the boonie- despite the fact a helmet would be more appropriate. :-D

Is it me, or is that Orlando bloom as Private Blackburns twin brother?

:D

Nope, Matt has traces of an expression on his face :P

I'm afraid I don't see the resemblance, but I can't help but notice how light a shade that OD seems to be. I do the like the attention to detail when it comes to the binders on the boonie- despite the fact a helmet would be more appropriate. :-D

No, it wouldn't. His kit is supposed to resemble Force Recon greenside kit. Armour and helmets are not worn on deep recon mission.

According to the camo: I think it's based on the contract. The military contracts (with Blackwater for instance) will stated that they should distinguish themselves from the main troops. But for the normal security guys (like for example, a journalist that goes to 'Stan and hires security personnel for his safety) I think they just wear whatever floats their boat.

Archived