H&K Picture Thread

I dont think you can get more simple or functional than that...the only 2 things you could ever need to add would be a sling and a light if at an urban event (with a pitch black area like the LF 'shower block')

I can see a hint on blue coming through a hole in the front end, custom battery?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I agree with you there. I think MW2 and the Magpul videos got all the little kiddies obsessed with FDE. I went with OD for almost that very reason, that and I live in South Carolina, so green makes more sense.

Parts list:

Classic Army 416 Blowback (I really need to find a way to get some HK trades)

Magpul OD MIAD

Magpul OD CTR w/ enhanced stock pad

King Arms Troy Style BUIS

King Arms Tango Down Style Rail Covers (Painted Krylon OD and dusted with black to match the Magpul OD)

King Arms Aimpoint M4 Sight

G&P Troy Style Flash hider

King Arms Lipo stock tube

I have a light, mount, and VFG on the way.

Edited by quiksilver6184

Looking good. How's it shoot?

Shoots out to about 40M give or take.

I dont think you can get more simple or functional than that...the only 2 things you could ever need to add would be a sling and a light if at an urban event (with a pitch black area like the LF 'shower block')

I can see a hint on blue coming through a hole in the front end, custom battery?

Cheers :)

Yeah i all ready have a sling i just dont like attaching it , I was thinking on getting a torch but it would look silly with a PEQ box as well.

The Blue tape is what i had to put around the connectors as i had to cut the sheathing away so i could get at the hop up unit to repair it ¬¬ (Had a bur on the wheel stopping it from over turning)

Hedganian: Indeed.

Skarclaw: I'm well aware of that site, but I do not intend to pay €128 for a single magazine

They're available for approx $30-40 in the states, but the sodding yanks won't ship them abroad because "my country 'tis of thee!!!111oneone" 

Anyone else?

Yeah guys, it's the VFC 416.

Here're some crappy pics I took in a hurry yesterday.

img_11768yaj.jpg

img_11781yrn.jpg

img_11799b0g.jpg

There a comparision the real steel legal text on the magwell:

ORD_HK416_lg.jpg

img_1180sza7.jpg

The fit'n'finish is excellent.

The reciever has a very nice and very flat black.

No wobble, no movement except for the stock, which is fixed by a strip of tape.

And I have to admit I dig the markings pretty much. They are all almost identical to the real thing except the 6mm caliber markings, and the license text on the right side of the magwell, but the real 416 has a license there as well, it is just different.

First downers:

The fireselector appears fragil. It's made of pretty light, yet fairly sturdy, plastic.

The trigger guard is very loose

And the bolt carrier shows cratches, better say sign of use. I guess that's a result from test firing but hey, I that case I can deal with it. I rather have some scratches that will appear anyway over time and in return have a test fired gun that works instead of a possible lemon.

But in summery, nothing that can be fixed quickly or be dealt with.

Bolt catch is working perfectly, even with just a 1 second shot of abbey predator gas in the mag.

Oh yeah, it is very front heavy, never experienced that before with any other airsoft gun.

So first impressions are 9/10 so far.

great looks, great feel, great dimensions in terms of reciever and frontset fitting, nice clancking sound, nice markings (again I think Umarex made the best out of it)

and on the other side you have a wobbly fireselector and a wobbly trigger guard what can be fixed with some glue if you really want to.

and lemme get back to that again, I rather have a tested gun that shows some use than a gun I need to ship back.

And finally what I like about it, you get a complete gun.

It comes with a great frontset, a very nice stock with 2 storage tubes, a very good grip that has a storage department as well (even though that bump between index- and middlefinger sucks, my hands are too small so I need to file it down.

Okay, I guess I gonna post this in the review section as well because it became longer than I intented it to be.

Yeah Im in Finland, but Im not sure what do you mean about getting these overseas? I bet you could get an elephant overseas if you just have the money.

Edit: I havent even heard about some "ITAR restriction", when has this come up?

Edited by Whitehawk