How has airsoft affected you?

Sabachthani

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, as everyone else mentioned, I have no money (ever...).

Secondly, all I think about is airsoft. My friend and I can literally sit down for hours and just talk airsoft the entire time. It scares me sometimes, especially when I'm sitting in class supposed to be doing work and I'm just daydreaming about airsoft.

Plus, my parents think I'm completely anti-social because I spend about 50% of my waking life on the computer on ASF, Arnies, MiA, or ASB...

If i ever need to talk about something sensitive with my friends with the wife in the room, all i have to to is ask what AEG is next on my mates list and the wife goes out!!

Great way of getting rid of the misses..

But she does shout at me alot if i spend a tad to much...

Besides that lot it puts a smile on my face after a long week at work!!

Martin...

Martin

Could we stop repeating the "no money" thing? We all know that airsoft is expensive :P

But for me, airsoft's gotten me some great friends, I've met a lot of new people, and it's actually an incentive for getting in better shape... I want to look bad-*albatross* in my BDU :D (yeah, I'm pathetic like that)...

It's taught me a lot about gun-control, it's boosted my reflexes, and my general fitness-level has increased (I carry my equipment 3½km back and forth from the bus-station to get home after a game... That's about 20kgs of guns and equipment)....

And I do the thing with looking TOO closely at guns in movies as well (ie: Equilibrium, the final scene before he enters the boss' room, he does a front-flip while picking up a G36... It's a regular G36, but it has a K-style flash-hider in the 2-3 seconds where you see him pick it up... When he starts firing, it's the normal G36 flash-hider) :P

Best Regards :)

Yeah I do the name-calling during movies aswell, so much so in fact that my friends are starting to join in - they have no idea what the name is but hearing one of them go "Ooooh! An MS Twenty-Seven-Hundred Deluxe version!!!" while pointing at an M4 is hilarious...

dude i hear that. my non-airsofter friends still call my P90 the "RCP90." Goldeneye was so 10 years agoo

airsoft has taken over my whole life in many ways. my loft has guns bags in it, some of them full. my study has atm 4 guns in it and tons of bbs (not all of them in bags or bottles), my dads wardrobe has a massive bergen full of stuff we need to take on skirmishes, my bedroom has a rifle in it, and every coat cupboard and wardrobe has copoious amounts of camoflauge clothing in it. the back of my dads car has my ghillie suit and plate carrier in it, the front of the garage has been invaded by a bergen and countless sets of webbing and boots. parts for guns, like sling loops and magazines are strewn around the place. its pandemonia in my house.

airsoft has also changed my life in that, everytime my mums sewing machine goes, i hit the ground. i try and sneak around the house without making a sound, and i think of everything as a tactical situation :P. madness.

but on the other hand ive never had a hobby, i would hve nothing to do on saturdays, i wouldent spend much time at all with my dad, ive made friends with a whole community in airsoft, and ive made countless friends all over the place. ive also met some pretty amazing people because of airsoft, and ive now come to expect a days skirmishing to have a ride on a ferret armoured recon vehicle as standard.

I've sped up noticably with AR reloading and I'm better at distributing a combat gear load. Also, I'm getting much better at combat tactics. The downside is that I can't play many video games anymore. I tried playing Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter earlier this month and got totally fed up because I couldn't climb up the side of a hill to flank a machinegun nest. My temper has also calmed noticably, but I'm not so sure that has anything to do with Airsoft. :P

...I now have a mental overlay of approximately where the range of a 328 fps is, anything that falls on or within this range as I walk around is immediately, subconsiously assessed as either friendly or threat.

I'm not quite that bad but I do look at just about any place I'm in in relation to how much fun a game would be there.

I went out for a walk with my wife yesterday to a local protected ancient woodland (Burnham Beeches, 540acres) and as we walked around I was mentally sizing up the area with regard to the terrain and cover and imagining Airsofters picking their way through the trees...I think she was wondering why I wasn't saying much :P

I cant watch a film without correcting the actors when they talk about guns......AGH!

Ditto, though I still have a lot to learn....

...If I'm having one of those really *suitcasey* weeks, the thought of an Airsoft Skirmish somewhere in the middle there always spurs me on.

...Also, inevitably, I have learnt a LOT about guns. Not just the way Airsoft guns work, but about real guns as well. I find myself watching fims going "Ooh, an MP5k" or "Wow, French guns being used by Russians?" when I would previously have watched the film thinking "Mm, machine guns"...

Double ditto to that :P

Airsoft has been great for me, except for the health of my teeth...not because I've had them shot but because they're often clamped tightly together whenever one (or more) of my supposedely intelligent workmates comes out with something totally dopey about my guns.

Usually it's the totally inane and well-worn "Blimey, if you walked down the street with one of those..." <_<

Yes i break down everything movies have wrong with guns, vests, etc.

Like cloverfield.... Some of the army had M16a4's .....i was like wow thats rly wrong.

Oh and i alwasy correct the clip vs mag thing.

And most of my funds go to airsoft as well. Seeing as how im only 17 and no job.

Airsoft actually ruined my life...

I used to like my job, but since its in IT, I now spend most of the day in forums instead of working!

Also instead of working seriously I just "burn" through the week waiting for the weekend...

I can say for sure I was A LOT more productive at work before airsoft....

Archived