How has airsoft affected you?

Sabachthani

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Airsoft combined with realistic video game play i have more information about military and real life. I know what guns we use, wat type of camo, etc. and yes i do sound like a freak when i talk to others and i "know a lot". It has made me more tactically skilled and more aware of my sorroundings. Also made me poorer by more than $1500. I am not to good with newbies, they say its a waste of money to buy $40 boots hmmmmmmmm :\

Overdraft is a weekly thing. I too find myself correcting hollywood films. (Smokin' Aces' M82 with box mag. Counted 34 shots without reloading).

thank god someone else saw this...the only thing i could think when i saw that was...the bed would be ****** up beyond belief.the girls shoulder would practically be broken..and she must be doing those long coveted "instantaneous reloads".....No Country For Old Men was the movie that i think got some things right.except for the shotgun silencer thing...i mean when the main character blows the water out of the barrel before shooting the dog. I was like "wow, thats actually realistic.

Made me some good friends and some adrenaline pumped fun times! I run alot more than I used to (even when not playing) And I bore all my bmx friends with airsoft knowledge when ever they ask about it :P

Also work alot more, in fact when ever I can I will (only 16) so thats where my money comes from...it has also made me patient in waiting for things such as saving money or waiting for somebodys head to pop up from behind a bit of cover.

Haha, im trying to getm y BMX friends into Airsoft xD. I BMX as well.

I have the tendency to name all the guns in a movie when i see them, comment on there gear, or complain about there tactics and/or marksmanship skills.

I'd certainly have to say an upcoming game always made me excited, but I've also learned to never get my hopes up due to the terrible summer weather. I am now more of an encyclopedia of firearms than I was before, and as a result, me mum is even more of an anti-gun pacifist: 2 AEG limit!?!??!?! AAGGGGHHH!!! Also, never buy a used gun off of ebay when only sparse information is given. Finally, patience, respect and honesty. Besides annoying my parents and leaving my eternally broke, day-dreaming about airsoft during class/vacations, airsoft has been very good to me.

I get to hunt and shoot people without going to prison. Airsoft RAWKS!!!

This works for me ... hunting and shooting things (in packs) that are trying to do the same to you is simply awesome fun.

The fitness aspect for us oldies is also useful.

It's like being 8 years old again and playing 'army' ... only this time I can do it with a pukka toy set :D Then there's planning to buy toys and waiting for them to be delivered.

Shame that 'playing army' properly in the UK is becoming an 18+ hobby eh?

Kid? Me? ... yeah sure I am and that's why I love this pastime.

D

besides making me poorer, and striving to get a better paid job (which incidently I´ve got!), now I assess entry and chooking points on every enclosed space I get into... as DeNiro put on Ronin: "... never go inside a place I don´t know how to get out"

I now struggle to buy anything apart from somthing airsoft related as i always think what im going to buy before i even have the money, so soon as i get paid, it is spent. Then comes the waiting and the glorious moment when you see a brown package waiting for you, it never gets old :P

One of the major things airsoft has made me realize is how stupid the video game industry is. I still play, only in between checking the forums and craigslist.

I have made many friends, I am still amazed at how nice airsofters are. Sure they swear and stuff, but not many would steal your kit or something like that.

I have more money then I ever would have dreamed of before, and I dont have a job. My record high was $1000 in cash, sitting in my nightstand, that was a very good day. Yes I sell lots of non airsoft related items lol.

It has made me dislike the "mainstream" even more then I did before. It has really given me a sense of direction in a lot of ways, I dont know what I would spend money on without it.

The parents are not fans of it in any way. They think that I should be saving my money for other things, such as a car. I have some money toward that already, besides, when I want a car, I will get the money to buy it outright ^_^.

If only they would let me buy that VFC SCAR.................Driving me mad I tell you.

Airsoft gave me tons of good times.

Also gave me a chance to get together with some family and friends to

train n' learn things from them. They're from the Army SOF (U.S.).

Great fun, although I never bother bringing anything nice to airsoft.

I always use a spring pistol and leave my ICS/KWA M4 n' gas pistols at home. :D

I find it exhilarating to be out gunned, and have to win through skill/tactics.

quite an interesting thread.

"your bloody guns are in the way again"

LOL, that cracked me up...

reminds me of my friend's mom, haha

Archived