Finally up! High speed airsoft grenade video at Airsoft Innovations

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dandman, you mean the manly Eau De Propane doesn't get you laid? Well, more time for you to spend skirmishing. ;)

At what speed do the bb's come out of the grenade? I ask this because our site admins don't allow shower grenades within 5 meters so i'm afraid the same will apply for these grenades.

Shower grenades shoot all BBs in one direction. Having a cluster of 180 BBs shot in your face from 5 meters wouldn't be that nice really. This grenade on the other hand shoots the BBs in random directions and doesn't form a cluster in any case, so I'm sure this won't be a problem in that regard. What may be a problem is if site rules don't allow to lob objects around. The grenade itself can be painful when applied to the head. The BBs? Shouldn't be any problem even with high pressure gases.

I can see this grenade roll around to create a random pattern on the floor, but how about woodland skirmishes? If it lands in a soft spot, will the inertia still make it turn around wildly?

-Sale

Dandman, you mean the manly Eau De Propane doesn't get you laid?

"What the hell is that smell?"

"It's propane, baby."

"Why do you smell like propane?"

"I drink petrol and sweat propane because I'm that f**king hardcore."

"OMG I WANT TO SEX YOU."

:P

LOL DARK!

But yeah, this doesn't fair so well in grass and etc, then again what airsoft grenade does besides some pyros? Anyway I read earlier when they were testing it that there is some function where you can shorten the timer for mid air "explosions" however, I am not sure if that holds true for the new timers.

it does :) 1.5s airbust is great outdoors, you just need to be pretty close to use it. try not to throw them into soft areas or dense brush as they won't be able to spin freely or punch through the vegetation. when you gain safety you lose realism, that's the unfortunate truth of fake weapons :P

toss it on some dry soil or concrete and you're golden. if you can't find something solid to toss it to, pop a pin into the 1.5s slot and try getting closer... or shoot them i guess, but that's not as exciting.

as for you sourpusses demanding more videos: this product is not even out, we spent a LONG time on the first movie not to mention getting the things tested/assembled/packaged so please give us a chance to recoup, there will be more soon. or we can just not make the effort at all and then nobody gets movies or grenades :P

Meh, it's way too big for my taste. Hand grenades should be nice and small and should be abel to fit 2 on my chest of my MOLLE rig easily. These look like they will have be be carried in a leg rig. Too big, too bulky.

Pass.

i have a feeling that when this thing goes off, filled with propane, anyone left in the vacinity will be stunk out by the smell.

Carl, has AI ever though of making fragrence to cancel out the stench of propane??? just wondering...

That mercaptan stuff is pretty strong. I don't think it's possible to completely mask it unless you used something really strong smelling LIKE THE SMELL OF GUNPOWDER!

I wish I could work out a gunpowder residue smelling perfume to dose my mags with. I used to tear around with twin Prokillers with 50rnd extendo mags just when I first discovered the contents of green gas and was the only guy using propane. You could tell where I did a lot of blasting by the signature stench of death. Or cr@p. Hey the other guys smelled like pot porri. I'd rather smell like cr@p than grandma bathroom.

As to size, I posted the general dimensions of my grenade on my site. It's 4.9" tall and 2.125" in diameter. It fits larger grenade pouches (next size up from pineapple frag). I've been using pouches from Miwo:

http://www.miwo-military.com/index.php?go=03_5

I wish I could read Polish, but Manchovie can. He hooked me up with Miwo pouches. Some small pineapple frag pouches are too short to fit the Tornado. Fit two? Two is nothing. 3rd man in a stack draws grenades from a 2x6 grenade rack on the back of the 2nd booya! I seem to be able to fit two on my belt rig with no problems. I'm not big on vests myself. Everything on my rig is on the belt,

I guess this just looks like something you are going to need to prime and then toss so it goes off mid air to hit your opponents in outdoor situations. Indoors I don't doubt the effectiveness if you get people to count hits off ricochets (good luck). All in all a good idea, and you will sell many, I am just still quite baffled at the design chosen for this... doesn't seem like the best choice. Oh well.

Awesome stuff. Would you consider adding a variable fuse? I only say this because the thought of putting one in a room as a trap, with a long bit of string attached to the pin, I'd want a shorter or perhaps longer fuse.

It's a trap, etc

street talk? cut the racist garbage

I don't see any part of his post which warrants a claim of rascism.

Awesome stuff. Would you consider adding a variable fuse? I only say this because the thought of putting one in a room as a trap, with a long bit of string attached to the pin, I'd want a shorter or perhaps longer fuse.

It's a trap, etc

A fuse? Reading what has been posted so far, this device appears to be 100% mechanical with gas as the propellant. In other words non-pyrotechnic. I'm pretty sure using a fuse can not be used as an igniter for this device as that is not how it's supposed to function. Besides... do you really want to be mixing compressed propane, chunks of aluminum and an exposed flame?

At this point with the product being so close to launch, I strongly doubt AI has any plans to introduce any last minute changes or additions to this product. They seem too busy to answer any questions at this point so let's wait and see what else they have to share when they do have time.

Haha! That's awesome! Looking over your measurements for the AI Tornado, it looks like it'll fit Smoke pouches just right. I'm getting some Multicam ones custom made right now. :)

The sooner you start preorders... the sooner you'll have my money! ;)

So since this uses propane, it will use Green Gas too right? I just don't want things smelling up bad and I'll just use all the GG cans I have for my pistol. This is perfect for my 10,000 .12 bbs sitting under my bed from many years ago(the old springer days =P ) :DDD

So since this uses propane, it will use Green Gas too right? I just don't want things smelling up bad and I'll just use all the GG cans I have for my pistol. This is perfect for my 10,000 .12 bbs sitting under my bed from many years ago(the old springer days =P ) :DDD

yeah they're technically the same stuff...

USMCCORPS, i thought the previous comment about fuses was extremely funny....2 bucks says somebody'll try and mix fire with this grenade....other wise, i hope these will be in the $10-$25 dollar range...(wishful thinking) i will be ordering 1 and if funds permit, another, naming them will be hard though

I'm pretty sure it has a varible "fuse", because earlier he talked about "put the pin in the 3 second hole".

USMCCORPS, i thought the previous comment about fuses was extremely funny....2 bucks says somebody'll try and mix fire with this grenade....other wise, i hope these will be in the $10-$25 dollar range...(wishful thinking) i will be ordering 1 and if funds permit, another, naming them will be hard though

LOL... let's not bet on someone doing something as crazy as that shall we! ;)

Regarding the price, obviously nothing has been confirmed yet, but he did say $85+ for each most likely. Sounds expensive, but I'd rather pay top dollar for something that works and works really well than paying $10-$25 for something that'll be a paper weight after a few uses or never even delivered in the first place. Even at $85+ I'm still buying 4 for my group (two for one team & two for OPFOR). That'll keep things hella fun!

I'll be taking three, please. Frag X3, Sonic Boom, Martyrdom.

That's actually not a bad idea! Carl, have you done much testing about the effects on the user if they're still holding the grenade when it goes off? I'm sure that is inevitable, be it intentional or not. That might actually be a really cool element to a CQB game... One or two players on one side has grenades which the OPFOR doesn't know about. When one of them is killed, they call HIT!, they go down and pull the pin. If OPFOR advances on their position too fast they get ka-boomed! ^_^

In all respects that would be really cool, probably the most easily implementable of all the ideas COD4 gives players, but personally I can't stand Martyrdom, I always end up on the wrong side of the frag. It's bad enough that I throw PS3 controllers, if someone martyrs me IRL I might end up throwing an AEG into the wall. :P

Well, at least it's not stopping-powered crouching P90 users with Martyrdom...

Archived