• Midcap mags
    • RPG
    • AG36 launcher
    • Mechwarrior

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why a PKM is not a pipedream:

- its only a few inches longer than an M249 and little more than an M14: its not as huge as it looks.

- externals are easy as hell to copy

- wouldnt weigh much more than a clone EBR

- everyone thought a clone fullmetal M249 for under 300$ was impossible, right?

Lots of load-outs to go with:

- any former eastern block country's army (Russia, Soviet Union, Checks, Poles, etc.)

- any arab or african country that has AK47 as their assault rifle has these too (Iraq, Afghan National Army, Sudan, etc.)

- insurgents across the "war on terror" scenarios use them, of course

- special forces use them too. In this videoyou can see SAS operators using them against captured talebans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujZf51Pc5oU

- many PMC companies use them for their superior penetration compared to the 5.56 of the M249.

VLTOR even makes special receivers for them:

Why a PKM is a pipedream:

Because no one will buy it.

Lots of people here are saying "yea PKMzor!" but I doubt very many of you would buy one. And even if you did, the "non-hardcore" people wouldn't. And that's the majority of the market.

PSG-1: One of the best ideas IMO, since it is one of the more expensive guns. It is often said you need to pour around $300 into it to get it working well. So imagine having a good performing (after upgrades) PSG-1 for the price of a stock one ($400). I'd go for it! (Please make the scope the same style externally, excepts perhaps a 6x instead of a 4x).

Mk23: Need. Parts. Now. Also, if it were to be an AEP, it's a bit larger to squeeze in larger internals, so it is possible to make an AEP stronger than the current ones on the market.

Midcap mags: NO MORE RATTLING! Honestly, I'd love it if they were included with the JG guns :)

I like The FAL I want one real steel and have been looking for one for some time my favorite one Brazilian IMBEL LAR also the Browning High power have one of those would be nice to have it in Airsoft also. I do like the enfield I have the real steel #5 jungle carbine its an awesome shooting gun but, I have no desire to own one Airsoft.

Doom

MASADA (Not a fan of clones, and would prefer Marui to make one, but as that will not be happening, ever, I suppose a JG to gut would be the next best thing.)

Browning Hi-power

Midcaps (need some proper G3 ones, the KA ones are supposedly garbage.)

MASADA (Not a fan of clones, and would prefer Marui to make one, but as that will not be happening, ever, I suppose a JG to gut would be the next best thing.)

Uhh, MagPul is reportedly making an Airsoft version of their Masada. The PDR as well. In fact, the PDR they've been toting around various gun shows is actually the Airsoft shell with lead weights in it.

Wernt there HORDES of UZI fanboys/girls in the previous thread yet i only see 5 votes for it so far. :unsure:

Stealths words of warning got to me. If JG does make the Uzi and it turns out sour, I'll feel twice as bad from all the broken expectations. And its gearbox does seem too finicky to be cloned properly. I'll stay happy with my Marui Uzi and vote for something more feasible like the Tavor.

Because I'm a Russian fanboy:

PKM.... 'nuff said

Marakov- Even though not many Russian soldiers even have pistols, WE need it ;)

Midcap- A lot of midcaps have been made, but there are still a number of guns that don't have a cheap set of midcaps. Also, they might even venture into cheaper boxed set of metal mags.

MASADA- Amazing Firearm and I would absolutely love to get my hands on a cheap one in addition to a more costly higher quality so I could have one as a pirmary and one maybe for use in CQB or such. I must say though, I didn't see the PKM at first look through all the options...oh well. Internals should be pretty easy as it's somewhat similar in frame to the SCAR. Although, as previously mentioned, I must say, it would only be a good hit if a bunch of aftermarket accessories or different versions were released.

Marakov- Seriously, someone needs to make one, this is one of the key reasons I decided not to go with an all out Russian loudout. I don't know much about GBBs or AEPs, but I don't think it'd be too difficult to make one as they aren't radically different in frame from the majority of handguns out there.

Midcaps- Cheap metal ones would be nice. Although now that I think about it, it would be nice also if some company actually took the time to release a bunch of misc. parts in AEGs that you never can find, but if you do, the price for a replacement is way the hell out of proportion.

Because no one will buy it.

Lots of people here are saying "yea PKMzor!" but I doubt very many of you would buy one. And even if you did, the "non-hardcore" people wouldn't. And that's the majority of the market.

Exactly.

I'm all into russian gear, love it, but I'd buy a Tavor loooong before I'd buy a PKM (I'd never buy one).

Russo-philes represent a substantial market share.

What's more, when we show up to games, "gun envy" will influence future purchasing decisions.

A PKM is a practical choice.

Consider the power of Israel-philes vs. Russo-philes. We dominate without question. It's riskier to produce an Israeli firearm, which is issued with a VERY expensive optic (MARS), than a Russian one which sees widespread service (and don't tell me Tavor sees exciting service...).

A PKM is a practical choice.

Consider the power of Israel-philes vs. Russo-philes. We dominate without question. It's riskier to produce an Israeli firearm, which is issued with a VERY expensive optic (MARS), than a Russian one which sees widespread service (and don't tell me Tavor sees exciting service...).

Whoah there, on the practical note, no way. It's as practical as an M240. It's a heavier device for filling the same role as can be had with a box mag on an M4.

And it's not practical for a seller, either. I've watched tons of people walk into an Airsoft shop, fondle all the expensive custom sniper rifles and LMGs, and then turn right around and walk out with a $100 gas pistol. I just dare you to e-mail or call any airsoft shop and ask them how many M249s they've sold versus how many M4s or G36s they've sold. If they sell more big guns than they do medium or small ones, I'll eat my nomex aviators.

And no one said the Tavor had to have the MARS. It's got a picatinny. Just ship it with that and some flip ups. Make a MARS later.

Funny you guys are talking about these guns as if they were going to be made by the likes of VFC or Systema....hellloooo....we're talking about JG!

The TAVOR and any other gun that possibly comes out of this is going to be an approximation of the original at best (see JLS SCAR effort)....in fact the JLS SCAR represents the common outcome of when a Chinese company tries to innovate....theres a whole host of economic and social factors that lead to this being the likely outcome, and one of the more obvious things is that the Chinese excel at copying things.....innovation takes time, money, legislation friendly to your product within your country, etc etc....

The TAVOR is likely to be (if its chosen) a gun very loosely based on the TAVOR...so all this talk about MARS etc is just pointless, if the rails are a true 20mm you'd thank your lucky stars.....because JLS couldn't even get that right.

Whoah there, on the practical note, no way. It's as practical as an M240. It's a heavier device for filling the same role as can be had with a box mag on an M4.
Yes but many people prefer to use a true support weapon, rather than an assault rifle with a boxmag stuck on it just because someone doesn't like mag changes, so for anyone with a remote MilSim interest, it's a winner. Besidses, if I was going to stick 10's of thousands of BBs through and AEG with a V2 gearbox or one with my CA M249's gearbox, the 249 wins hands down. I'm sure there's plenty of people who feel the same way, and there's always going to be a market for support weapons.

Oh well,

I cast my votes as well. Though none of my favourite ones made it to the final poll I found some others :

- P9 pistol

- PKM (damn, that thing is sexy)

- mid-caps

originally I was about to vote for RPG but they are already and I don't really imagine JG would be able to knock down prices that much so it will be expensive.

Done :)

Uhh, MagPul is reportedly making an Airsoft version of their Masada. The PDR as well. In fact, the PDR they've been toting around various gun shows is actually the Airsoft shell with lead weights in it.

And thus Magpul will kick up a storm for anyone who makes or even sells a copy of their products. Which, I think, makes the Masada a gun with a lot of baggage. I don't suppose that would stop JG from making it but if no US retailer picked it up their version that would be quite serious. Especially if the likes of Echo1 wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. - Just speculating

My votes;

MG42- was a toss up between this and a PKM but I want one so badly I had to go for the 42. At little unrealistic perhaps but I can dream.

Browning HP- its about time someone (ANYONE!) made a decent one of these.

Midcaps- can't beat them and theres plenty of guns without them.

IS the Tavor some kind of Bastid child of a SA80/famas rape? its a bit marmite as in Ugly as sin! I dont know why but i REALLY like it though. The only reason i didnt vote for it is because as most people have said its quite different and will be rare on the battlefield. If JG make it its not going to be rare on the battle field.

But PSG-1 FTW! 100% buy if its realisitic and not a PSG1/G3-SG1 hybrid.

Archived