• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coverlock.JPG

magcatch_01.JPG

Just had these done for my AKS-74M. I drew the top cover lock in AutoCAD and took it to a gunsmith, who then made it out of steel and blued it. He also made a new pin for my real-steel magcatch and spring, so they wouldn't pop out all the time, attached it like in the real AK and blued the whole trigger guard assembly.

All this set me back 40euro, not including the trigger guard, mag catch and spring.

Now the only external parts left, that are not steel, are the trigger and the front sight corn :)

yeah i no the sling mount isn't in it. i couldnt be arsed with it. i sort of *fruitcage*ed it up, adn tbh i would never use it anyway.

luckily, the hole it left helped me a lot in fixing my selcetor problem, as i coudl see how much the selector rail was moving.

ok dudes i have finished the AK now, got some wear on the wood. no doubt some of you will tell me "its unrealistic" :rolleyes: , but yeah ok then.

in person the wear is more subtle, the bare metal less shiny and the wood less red.

DSCN2351.jpg

DSCN2347.jpg

DSCN2350.jpg

DSCN2348.jpg

DSCN2349.jpg

DSCN2346.jpg

sorry about that fuzzy pic

cheers

Edited by screamin_weasel

I knew this rung a bell ;)

i would like my MP5 to look battered, but on the other hand i dont know if it has the right 'image' to look battered. i'm alswo not gonna stand here and throw it against the wall in an attempt to make it battered.

I knew this rung a bell ;)

haha oooh you *badgeress* :whistling:

a battered mp5 isnt right. an AK is though. seeing those real ones in egypt is what made me do it.

and i didn't throw it at the wall anyways - the cheapo wood wouldnt hack it lol

cheers you dudes who like it, im really chuffed with it, first major customisation i have done on a gun.

haha yeah i got both

give me 5 secs

edit here you go

DSCN2355.jpg

DSCN2356.jpg

in both pics the ends of the stocks are exactly level. the pic of the muzzle ends was taken from directly above, so what you see is the true differnce, no illusion of angles and such.

Edited by screamin_weasel

S_W i *fruitcage* love that AK :D

it gives the look of "i been used through the afghan war, used by an insurgent in iraq the first time round and used again in gulf 2.....yet i can still empty 30 round's with a bit of a clean and a single pull of the trigger!"

superb job dont let the anyone tell you otherwise

haha yeah i got both

give me 5 secs

edit here you go

DSCN2355.jpg

DSCN2356.jpg

in both pics the ends of the stocks are exactly level. the pic of the muzzle ends was taken from directly above, so what you see is the true differnce, no illusion of angles and such.

Do you have a preference to which one you like to use more? Also is that the ICS Or AE Mp5sd5? Thanks

i havnt skirmished the AK47 yet, but it seems to be nice. the pistolgrip is quite chunky, but that might be because i put an aftermarket grip on it. i doubt the extra length will make much difference, although the barrel in the AK runs to the end of the outer barrel, whereas the barrel of the mp5 stop just after the start of the silencer.

the MP5 is ICS.

i would imagine i will like my MP5 more, but only because its my first gun and its my baby :D

Must...Resist...Urge...to buy... Wood Kit!

Thegunrunner, those are sweet AKs!

glad you like it dude. like i said, i am chuffed as *fruitcage*. i only brought it to beat it up, mission accomplished.

just think of all the Guarder kit boys who daren't scratch their gun cos it cost more than a car lol. oh well.

<RANT>I'm not scratching up my Guarder kits. Why? Because they weather EXACTLY like the real AK would. The receiver is blued, so in time it will polish up and get small scratches, etc. Real worn AKs don't look like they've been attacked with sand paper or a file either, and thus I don't want my Guarder kits looking like it either. If one does choose to weather their AK with sand paper, etc. At least look at pics of real AKs to make it looks realistic.</RANT>

However, for metal receivers like G&P, etc. that are painted and not blued or parkerized like the real ones, sanding them is pretty much the only way to achieve a somewhat realistic weathered look if you don't want to drag your rifle to hell and back to scratch it up. An AK should be scratched, etc.

I like how Screamin_weasel too the plunge to weather his. The KA and G&P wood kits look stupidly red and cheap if not weathered at all.

Don't get me wrong though. I don't want to dish anyone with a non-Guarder wood/metal AK. I'm just saying how I, myself, feel about my AKs :)

Here is an excellent link for anyone looking to weather their AK:

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/proindex.html

Edited by Carbine