IMI Weapon Thread

Ooh a big 'un! I have to say, having the frame silver makes the two-tone thing work a lot better. Is that a TM or KWC?

The green/silver tigerstripe is a massive failure but I'll still post pics for your entertainment when it dries. Some parts of it literally look like pieces of ######. =( Oh well, more motivation to get a zeke frame and slide.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The green/silver tigerstripe is a massive failure but I'll still post pics for your entertainment when it dries. Some parts of it literally look like pieces of ######. =( Oh well, more motivation to get a zeke frame and slide.

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!! pictures!!! i can't wait!!! i can't imagine what it looks like but it sounds really interesting to say the least!! :)

i thought u already had a Zeke frame???

Well, I left the desert eagle overnight and to my surprise today the color magically got darker. I guess the paint needed time to cure but now it's near the shade I was going for =) It's very easily chipped but I'm a lot happier with it now than yesterday (that shade of green was ugly!)

Fdesertegalesgrtgr002.jpg

Fdesertegalesgrtgr001.jpg

Fdesertegalesgrtgr003.jpg

The textured grip really does literally look like ###### still but it's nice and grippy so I'm not too bothered by it. The blemishes in the paint and the overall bad application are still bothering me and I will likely do this over again. It chips very easily, which is why I left the front sight off =) Waiting a few days to see if it'll get darker in color and hopefully become a little more durable.

Eeek! I'm sorry but it does look quite terrible. Paint on desert eagles =  :waggle:

In other news the wood grips on that pair of eagles looks very nice.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

well, THAT paint on a deagle= :waggle:

did you say you were going for a tigerstripe paintjob? i think that might look ok-ish. but i think that green looks to light, and too metalic. i wouldnt imagine it would do a very good job of camoing it either

not quite what i expected...

looks like you got your gun anodised.....

did you score the gun before you painted it? if you just left it as it was the paint will chip off, no matter how long you leave it to "dry". also needs to be cleaned with some form of degreaser as well before you paint. don't flame me if you know/did all of this, just tryin to help! :flamed:

that is not something i would have done, but if you're happy, that's all that matters!!!

good effort though, bet it took a while to stick all those cutouts on!!! i HATE masking stuff for painting!!!

Lol, it's not for camo and I did it mainly for fun (and because I intend to get a zeke kit in the future). I did degrease it and rough it up a bit with sandpaper but it doesn't seem like I did it enough. The paint was called "metalcast" and is supposed to look like an anodized finish. I was going for something like the Magnum Research gold tigerstripe finish but don't like the color. Unfortunately it's a lot brighter than I thought it would be...

Lol, it's not for camo and I did it mainly for fun (and because I intend to get a zeke kit in the future). I did degrease it and rough it up a bit with sandpaper but it doesn't seem like I did it enough. The paint was called "metalcast" and is supposed to look like an anodized finish. I was going for something like the Magnum Research gold tigerstripe finish but don't like the color. Unfortunately it's a lot brighter than I thought it would be...

do it again then with the right colour paint. i think you will need a gold colour of some sort...

now that might look good.....

but to me a gun with any other colour other than black, chrome or silver, i'm not so keen on it......but that's just me...... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a TM Desert Eagle Hardkick Chrome with the intention of Zeke-ing it out. :D Do Zeke kits only come in black slide and white frame? Where's a good place to source both parts? Also, which upgraded springs are recommended/ work best and are any other parts recommended for the upgrade?

Just bought a TM Desert Eagle Hardkick Chrome with the intention of Zeke-ing it out. :D Do Zeke kits only come in black slide and white frame? Where's a good place to source both parts? Also, which upgraded springs are recommended/ work best and are any other parts recommended for the upgrade?

as far as i know, yes, they only come in black and white(well the white is a basecoat so you just paint over it). really easy to fit though. don't expect good quality finish though, there are quite a few flashes that you will have to remove, but other than that, it fits like a glove!!! AWESOME finish when you are done and definately worth it, makes it feel much mre lifelike!!

definately get the upgraded springs as the slide is too heavy for the stock ones, it slides a bit back when pointed upwards!!! oh and some krylon to paint that nasty white black!! or you could get it chromed........

forgot to add, i got mne off Dentrinity, the only place that had them in stock.........

Edited by airwolfie

here's my REAL chrome Zeke slide with krylon'd zeke main frame. i got it done here http://rschrome.co.uk/

i kinda screwed up by pulling off some of the chrome with masking tape to paint the rear sight, and they kindly offered to redo it free of charge!!!! i will do buisiness with them ANY DAY!!!!

got a pic of the damage and then some show-off ones!!! :D:P

post-16928-1169766823_thumb.jpg

Wait... Chrome comes off with masking tape???

well i was just as suprised as you!! i think it has something to do with the fact that it is aluminium, or not... i dunno!! but yeah, the first bit of tape i peeled off pulled the chrome off the slide as in the pic. i got the rest off with soapy hot water. makes me wonder if it will be able to stand the abuse of skirmishing......time will tell!! :D

the"new" chromed bit seems better so hopefully it wont come off!! im certainly not gonna stick more tape on to find out!!!!! :waggle: