IMI Weapon Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How heavy is the TM with the Zeke kit on it?

on it's own, barely noticeable. with a stock Deagle to compare, quite a bit!!! makes it "feel" better IMO. the kick along with upgraded springs(you WILL need them, the slide drops a little when you point the Deagle upwards as the slide is heavier!!) the blowback is much more noticeable!!!!

i likeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hmm, seems to be wire crossed somewhere.

LOL possibly!!! dunno who rtrdpenguin pm'd, but i pm'd FuzzY M14 and he DEFINATELY chromed his ZEKE kit, he gave me the linky for the place that did it for him.

sorry for any confusion, and i had no intention to attack anyone, just a friendly comment!!!! :rolleyes:

Haven't been on this thread for a while, I see Ive been the centre of some confusion.

The DE pictured on the previous page is a metal ZEKE kit that has been chrome electroplated, and had the sights dremeled out before the chroming process so I could put the replacement sights on.

rtrdpenguin pm'd me with a question about removing the sights from the standard eagle, hence the confusion seems to have come from this.

As to the upgraded recoil springs, mine were King Arms ones, and I had to cut a fair amount off of the springs for the slide to lock back.

I stand corrected, I didn't ask him if he chromed a metal kit and just assumed he chromed the plastic one because he mentioned that when taking the stock sights off he nicked the finish. You could have been a little less attacking though.

sorry dude, i probably got a bit carried away!! :unsure: never meant to sound aggressive, it's not in my nature!!!!

just tryin to help out and sort out confusion.

i apologise if i was rude or aggressive in any way........

:flamed:

It's fine, I just didn't expect quite so much passion in correcting a misconception. BTW I love the P226 EQ you have, I wanted to do something almost exactly like it but went with a desert eagle when I saw one on ebay for $80 BIN unskirmished. =)

reeeeeeeey!! glad we sorted that out!!!

thanx for the compliment, busy two-toning my Deagle as we speak!!! pics coming soon!!!!!!

well, here she is!! Full metal Zeke kit. with upgraded springs, glass beaded and polished slide(not too sure if i like it, didn't come out as nice as i would have liked it to be, there are also a few craters in the metal which you can only really see close up. i am thinking of getting it chromed....), and i repainted the rest of the frame and front slide with krylon, two coats because i got impatient!!!!

the Zeke kit is OK, it comes in the manky brown-black-ish colour(yuk, HAD to go!!!), has a lot of flashing on the slide which needs filing or dremmeling off, and the frame luckily only had a bit of flashing on the inside of the trigger guard.

The cover over the hopup is REALLY tight, but a bit of filing in the slits on the slide made it slide a bit easier. make sure this is a smooth motion before painting as it will scratch the paint!!!!!

The mags also fitted a bit tight, but after chatting to Sao telling me to file a bit on the inside of the frame, they fit really well.

The other problem is the slide catcher, As the hole in the side of the frame is larger than on the original TM kit, it has a tendancy not to work, and sometimes catches on the mag where it gets stuck. someting to mod or live with....

HEEEEEEEEEEEERE SHE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

post-16928-1167266939_thumb.jpg

post-16928-1167266964_thumb.jpg

post-16928-1167266981_thumb.jpg

post-16928-1167266999_thumb.jpg

Airwolfie, I think it would look best either polished with the entire finish removed (slide and frame) or all black, the two-tone effect just doesn't seem to work, the only two-tone DE I've ever liked is Vinny's from Lock Stock, and it is only part of the slide that's silver..

hbc.

=\ Sadly it doesn't look as cool as I expected it to. Maybe it's because it looks almost like the cybergun/KWC desert eagle... but as long as you're happy with it everything's great =)

sadly you are right. it didn't quite come out as good as i thought it would. it does look a bit better in real life thouh... i think its because the slide is not polished properly.

i think i will go the chrome-the-slide route......

I don't think it's the quality of the finish, just the color arrangement. Then again I don't usually like two-tone guns period =\ (the P226 equinoxes are an exception, they're not the traditional two tone with two distinct chunks of color so I like it better)

I'm planning on doing a green/silver chrome tigerstripe in a similar fashion to the gold plated tigetstripe Desert Eagle offered by Magnum =) Not real chrome but I've got all the materials ready to go.

I'm planning on doing a green/silver chrome tigerstripe in a similar fashion to the gold plated tigetstripe Desert Eagle offered by Magnum =) Not real chrome but I've got all the materials ready to go.

AHA!!!! so it's three-tone you like not two tone!!!!!!!! :D it all makes sense now!!! lol

no seriously, each to their own i suppose. i do like the colour sceme of the Deagle, it's just the finish isn't what i wanted.

would love to see pics of yours when it's done!!!

Hmm I guess it is sort of 3-tone but it'll all over the whole gun. After looking at some of magnum research's finishes the chrome with gold accents looks pretty cool too so I might do that except with green =) I wish the desert eagle had cutouts and stuff like a P226 for an exuinox look but unfortunately I don't think that'll work too well.

I wish the desert eagle had cutouts and stuff like a P226 for an exuinox look but unfortunately I don't think that'll work too well.

yeah i was kinda hoping for that, as it would go better with my sig. but alas, the shape of the slide doesnt quite allow for it....

oh well, cant win em all can ya!!!!