New western arms m4 cqb

fiddlesticks4220

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one, am NOT a fan of AEGs as a concept. I mean, sure, they work better than anything else we've got at the moment, and I love my G36c and do plan on buying an electric L85 as well, but I will always prefer shooting with my gas pistols to shooting with my AEG even though their effectiveness is less because they are just more satisfying to shoot. They give a real kick, and the parts move as they would if you'd actually fired a gun.

That is why I'm almost certainly going to be buying one of these and will probably use it on a regular basis in skirmishes even though I know it will put me at a disadvantage in a lot of situations.

I, for one, am NOT a fan of AEGs as a concept. I mean, sure, they work better than anything else we've got at the moment, and I love my G36c and do plan on buying an electric L85 as well, but I will always prefer shooting with my gas pistols to shooting with my AEG even though their effectiveness is less because they are just more satisfying to shoot. They give a real kick, and the parts move as they would if you'd actually fired a gun.

That is why I'm almost certainly going to be buying one of these and will probably use it on a regular basis in skirmishes even though I know it will put me at a disadvantage in a lot of situations.

I don't mind AEGs, but other than that, it's pretty much exactly how I feel.

I hope that the plastic flash hider is removable and that the outer barrel at least is metal? Does it even have 14mm screws so that you can attach a better metal flash hider or even a silencer?

I really thought that the front section would have been metal... A real dissappointment. :huh:

I'm not too bothered about the plastic bits.

This thing coming in metal would be prohibitively expensive or made with rubbish metal.

Buying the metal parts later lets you customise without throwing good parts away and lets you spread the cost.

Works with the pistols...

Is it possible to use this thing with it ?

The M4 may be too powerful with CO² but it could help for extended bursts and against the weather's "restrictions", right ?

Nope. See here for more info: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...&hl=madbull

You might be able to use one of those KWC CO2 rigs (if you can find one) or maybe even hook up a classic style rig, but then changing mags would be a bit of a *badgeress*. Plus there probably wouldn't be much point in having a gas in the mag system anyhow.

I think people are bitchign for not being able to jst port over any MBK for AEG on this one. But that'd be foolish, since the internals would ened complete rework, anyway. This doesn't ahve to accomodate a V2, V3 ghearbox, or wires of anything of that sort.

On the other hand, WA already has pertty good aftermarket parts industry for pistols, so MBK and kits for otgher parts probbaly shouldn't be too far away. Not WA making other variants of this when they get the initial lots out...

I'll second the wish for full-stock and longer barrel, althought it probably doesn't NEED to be full 20", since the muzzle energy might rise very high with those...

I'm not too bothered about the plastic bits.

This thing coming in metal would be prohibitively expensive or made with rubbish metal.

Buying the metal parts later lets you customise without throwing good parts away and lets you spread the cost.

Works with the pistols...

Quite right, and personally i'd rather have good quality plastics than ###### poor metals :)

Looks like ehobbyasia on ebay has it for $649 plus $40 shipping USD.....

At this rate, they'll be 2k USD by next week with all the price increases, lol. First seeing it at RWAS for 470ish then up to 560 and now 649 at ehobby. Ehobby usually has good prices too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...NEWLIST#GALLERY

I wonder if DenT will get this in?

$840 shipped now <_<

http://cgi.ebay.com/Western-Arms-M4A1-CQB-...1742.m153.l1262

Cheaper at WGC or RWA.

Gas guns FPS rises a LOT with a longer barrel. It works more like a real gun, so the same things tend to apply.

I would think that the FPS with a carbine length barrel would be far too high, guessing at least 420 FPS.

There might be ways around that, though- like (at a guess) lowering the trigger pressure for the blowback unit (basically just making the blowback unit kick in faster), which would in theory put more of the gas pressure into the gun's recoil and less into the BB. That would put more strain on the blowback mechanism, though, and could be quite tricky to do. I'm just thinking of general engineering principle off the top of my head here, I haven't actually thought it through (so don't pillory me if I'm overlooking something drastic)- but I think there should be ways around it.

Not saying it's easy, mind, just that it could be done. Hell, if all else fails, you could try putting small holes in things to reduce gas pressure, or deliberately grooving the barrel slightly.

There might be ways around that, though- like (at a guess) lowering the trigger pressure for the blowback unit (basically just making the blowback unit kick in faster), which would in theory put more of the gas pressure into the gun's recoil and less into the BB. That would put more strain on the blowback mechanism, though, and could be quite tricky to do. I'm just thinking of general engineering principle off the top of my head here, I haven't actually thought it through (so don't pillory me if I'm overlooking something drastic)- but I think there should be ways around it.

Not saying it's easy, mind, just that it could be done. Hell, if all else fails, you could try putting small holes in things to reduce gas pressure, or deliberately grooving the barrel slightly.

Or just use Duster Gas.

Archived