Support Weapon Pics

BadAssTronaut

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mines involved cutting, dremeling and tapping for new screws.

I'll post some shots up soon, but to give a better understanding as to why you can't just drop the TGS rail kit into the A&K is because the TGS is actually longer in length then the A&K grip.

Okay, I have decided to go with the tgs rail and would appreciate if you posted pics of how you did when installing it :)

Is it possible for you to slide the rail of from the body, or is it welded with jb weld and will never go of ? That could be a little pain in the *** if the bipod ever breaks and needs changing.

A couple of in-game pics taken this Sunday. The rail covers are some rubber ones lent to me by my brother as an experiment, they'll be replaced with ladder rail covers as soon as I can afford them

1537917_725769680791155_2193433_o.jpg

735624_725769620791161_1368361632_o.jpg

Any advice on an optic? I was thinking an EOTech of some kind. Nothing with a zoom, I don't think it'll be useful, but a holo/RDS would possibly complete the look.

J.J.:  Looks practical.  Needs a Bipod though.

I agree. But how? I have Tokyo Marui Steel RPK bipod (as told by last owner), but it is currently too long. I dont want to cut Steel Bipod, cause they are freaking rare and there might be a moment in the future, where I will need it (or my team will).

I was thinking of adding this external link or to this also external link  and then attaching bipod, I have something similar to bipod

Or maybe this: stupid short bipod

So many options, but not all works for that fat RPK barrel! Ant not all look/work good! I am really open to suggestion here...

P.S. I finnaly added 5-pin BTS555 and SPDT relay switch. No more burned contacs and the drum-mag is run from its internal 3xAA, but it is either switched by push-button or activates when replica is shooting :) Somewhat happy and proud.

P.P.S Anybody used MTM/Montana spray paint for airsoft paintjob? They have stupid names for colours and no idea which to choose? Maybe mustard brown? :D

• 1 month later...

I like it! I wasn't expecting to, but much like the Airtronic USA RPG-7 that's a modernization of an old Soviet weapon that actually works quite well. I'd say go the whole hog and get rid of the rest of the wood/brown (switch or paint the pistol grip and the carry handle scales) and lose the hideous muzzle brake, but I really like the stock!

Very nice, Zenit parts?

Yep, the muzzle, rail, grip, grip adapter, and stock are all Zenitco.ru parts.

I like it! I wasn't expecting to, but much like the Airtronic USA RPG-7 that's a modernization of an old Soviet weapon that actually works quite well. I'd say go the whole hog and get rid of the rest of the wood/brown (switch or paint the pistol grip and the carry handle scales) and lose the hideous muzzle brake, but I really like the stock!

I might migrate the rest of the bakelite parts over with the wooden stock to the more "pure" PKM, but I haven't decided yet. The muzzle brake is staying on.

-Piano

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most recent pic of mine and it's already out of date. I've taken the carry handle off since this pic.

DSC_0289_zpsbe1777e3.jpg

I've got a grip pod inbound and I really need to find a front sight for it.

Archived