Guns I HATE!

Boomkin

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would armalites, but tbh, I like the original AR-15/AR-10/XM117E2/CAR-15. Anything later than 1969 on the armalite front is well out.

I've never been a fan of Aug's either, they're fugly. And the G3 SAS looks ridiculous.

-matt

It's just dawned on me that I love pretty much every gun there is :)

With the exception of totally hideous works like the VZ Skorpion, I can get along with any gun. I think you just need to appreciate what makes each gun unique, from the rugged and reliable AK to the ultra-high-performance HK rifle, to the professional soldier's Armalite variant.

I would armalites, but tbh, I like the original AR-15/AR-10/XM117E2/CAR-15. Anything later than 1969 on the armalite front is well out.

I've never been a fan of Aug's either, they're fugly. And the G3 SAS looks ridiculous.

-matt

I would go one further and say any gun made after the VN war is horrible, and those new thing they're coming out with make me vomit, the SCAR, FN2000, Travor, any new HK thing and even the newer AK’s, just look awful.

I think that the problem is that they seem to of lost their soul, they’re now just tools where as before they were living breathing things that needed to be cared for.

I love all guns with a bit of history attached to them, if they’ve been tested and showed their individuality, most modern guns promise the earth but I think would let you down when needed.

personally i dont like AK's because the controls are all over the place, i dont like the look of them, i think wood on a gun is too ww2 (sigh, no offence meant to ww2'ers).

how are they more 'all over the place' than an AR15? the selector is on the other side and (IMO) is easier to operate (just click down rather than twist round) and the mag release is by the mag and unless you dump your mags on the ground your hand will need to be there anway. as for wood, later AK74s and every current AK10* model have either black polymer or plum furniture.

how are they more 'all over the place' than an AR15? the selector is on the other side and (IMO) is easier to operate (just click down rather than twist round) and the mag release is by the mag and unless you dump your mags on the ground your hand will need to be there anway. as for wood, later AK74s and every current AK10* model have either black polymer or plum furniture.

with m4's mag release and fire selector can be used without taking your hand off the grip and losing your sight picture is what i maybe should have said.

as for the wood/polymer/fruit issue i was being general. in a roundabout manner.

l4byr1nth: i for one will be up for showing these commie wood/fruit fondling dirty reds how its done.

with precision machining and consideration for operator ergonomics: HK416 ultimate win.

i never claimed the AK was better (although i'm sure as hell thinking it :P) just that the controls arent really any less user friendly than the AR15 IMO, and they certainly arent more 'all over the place.

Um... about that. The controls on the M16 are all compact and in one area. You could operate it one handed if you felt like it. I can't say the same of the AK, since the controls are a bit stiff and the selector lever isn't near your thumb. With an M16 you can go from safe to semi to auto with a flick of the thumb, smooth as butter. With an AK, you have to take your hand off of the pistol grip and jam the lever down from safe to full auto to semi. Also, the M16's button mag release and large well, while not exactly foolproof, is a more solid system than the AK's, which allows for a lot of play in the magazine.

Of course, that doesn't mean that I don't love the hell out of my AK. It's a MAN'S rifle! :D

The only guns I RAGE over are guns that are all tarted up with accessories that don't belong. Like someone mentioned above, those P90s that used to be marginally popular years ago with the LayLax cage-of-rails-and-fail on it. That being said, P90s are awesome little guns. I also hate "SOPMOD" AKs. Does it have a Block designation? No? Then stop calling it SOPMOD. However, AKs with UltiMAK gas tubes actually look pretty cool. AKs are minimalist rifles, keep 'em that way! I also dislike models that just wouldn't work in reality, like the G3SAS. Oh, I also dislike most full-length free float forend or "match"-style AR15s. Just ew. Unless they've got KAC rails on them or it's an LMT MRP, in which case it looks cool.

I also hate handguns with stainless finishes other than revolvers, M1911s, Berettas, and the odd Sig, and I mean the realistic matte finish. The "shiny" stainless finish (looks nothing like stainless steel, stop polishing things up!) looks like utter *albatross* on anything.

Do the RIS M203s bother anyone else? They just look wrong... nothing like the real LMT counterpart. As for other accessories, I hate Noveske muzzle devices. HATE THEM. So ugly! (Well, unless it's the Bulgarian type mounted onto an AKSU. Then it looks right.)

So there are some pet peeves of mine, but they all seem to have exceptions.

I don't think anyone can really 'win' this argument as it's down to personal taste.

I'm not a particular fan of the AK series and I certainly prefer Armalites, but judging by sheer popularity the AK-47 family would win the real-world 'best gun' debate hands down.

Personally, I hate the m16 line of guns right now. I usually kinda like the M4, but here in the midwest, they are hailed as the best gun ever and anyone who is cool uses an M4. If you don't, then you are not LEET. I'm just tired of them on the whole. I swear they are like Barbie for men. I love MP5's, cause they are made of pure win, but I just can't stand Armalites. Our local retailer won't even stock H&K stuff cause he's too busy selling M4's by the truckload.

Also, all those cheap springers that you see at flea markets and gas stations. They are complete junk, not even worth the cheap plastic they are made of.

I think it's, uh, MS. Boomkin in the pink, and MR. Boomkin in the black.

:P

Ben.

Yep as I say on every post thats mine its MS Boomkin in the pink (tx for pointing this out to the blind hehe), I think you will also find the the sig says that too. I would make my own account but to be honest it's just as easy to spam Mr Boomkin's hehe.

-

Ms Boomkin

Ps: I like the Ak cause the mags look like waffles :P , also I think the commie museum in Prague had some form or brain washing effect on me :huh:

haahahahahaha dont you use an L96 ben?

I will kill you. I will hunt you down, and butcher you.

It is NOT a *fruitcage* L96.

It is a Remington (Tanaka!) M700 in an A.I.C.S. stock.

The only thing I hate more than the people of this country, are the people who decide which weapons our Army has.

Ben.

EDIT:: Just realised that this post was meant to sound funny, but it sounds serious.

I'm not going to *actually* kill you... But it's not an L96!

You know else i love, these dust test results :P

• XM8: 127 stoppages.

• MK16 SCAR Light: 226 stoppages.

• 416: 233 stoppages.

• M4: 882 stoppages.

I wish some manufacture would bring a XM8 out that could change to all the variations and have a proper scope on it (that could be taken on and off like the real deal so you can use the iron sites)......dreeeeams dream dream dream dreeeeems :wub:

with m4's mag release and fire selector can be used without taking your hand off the grip and losing your sight picture is what i maybe should have said.

errm, you dont need to remove your hand from the grip to change mags with an AK.

gah, i dunno. somehow i just prefer these primitive ergonomics. i find it easier to take my hand off of the grip to change fire modes (which, lets face it, doesnt happen too often) with a simple click downwards or upwards than the AR selector which always feels a bit odd and mushy to me.

kurodavagrant: i dont find my AK's selector to be stiff. safe to auto is nice and smooth, and auto to semi is a short positive click. AK74s have a slightly different selector arrangement, smaller gaps to as i said, the lever just clicks nicely into place.

guns i hate.

hmm well AK's simply because to me the AK will always be the weapon of the enemy.

as most westerners will probably agree.

the L85 series. Yes its our british gun but hey , the SAS get to choose thier weapon and

they choose to avoid, that says alot to me :P

The AUG purely for asthetic reasons it just looks to weedy at the front.

luger style pistols for the same reason.

The XM8 cos it looks like a toy from the 60's

M14 EBR's - the ugliest guns in existence.

thats all i can think of right now.

I really hate the SCAR, the MP5, the M3 shorty, and all Glocks.. Have gone right off Armalites recently too.

Its just the very look of them I don't like.

I do however love bullpups, P90's and Hi-Capas.

I can't stand M4s that have ridiculous amounts of RAS and other god awful additions. As well as any other gun killed with that ugly stickle brick. I as well can't stand SCARs, probably the ugliest gun on earth IMO.

And also, M9s, they're uncomfortable and the sights are hard to aim in!

Archived