SIG Picture Thread

Really like the Hogues with the chrome. Actually I like Hogues with almost anything but that is really quite striking.

Shame that you had to dremel though, I was able to use a RS mainspring seat and fit mine in less than half an hour.

Anyway, Very Nice Work.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brownell's is where I bought one to.

To make mine work I had to do just a tiny bit of moding. This link here was what I used and the post at the end (Smurf's) has pictures of the piece that needs to be dremeled out of the mainspring seat. Aside from that I countersunk the inside of my grips so that they would be really solid.

If you have anymore specific questions or need an extra pic or two just let me know.

Nice, needs an SD slide stat  :)

That's what I thought too, but it'll have to wait. Luckily the slide is very thick so it's a cosmetic thing - I think I can run it on propane with the plastic slide for quite some time without fear of it snapping.

Edited by RSP1
Gah, sorry but those look pretty horrible.

I think it's a combination of the stain color and the messy job with the screws and that hole in the grip.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. As someone who does wood working, and has made wood furniture for my guns (my APS2) I gotta say that looks really not good.

Maybe it's the grain or the choice of wood, but yeah, not good.

Brownells has the best pair matching. I have bought 4 or 5 sets from them and they are always a good match to one another. I bought another set from another dealer, and they come from two different series or runs. Drag.

Carom Shot screws finally came in. Now I need to polish the controls before the new X-Five kits arrive.

dsc01853ff3.jpg

quick question to all you SIG users:

Are the metal kits/frames compatible with BOTH versions of the the marui p226? Because, what I was planning to do was, get a marui pp226 chrome (because it's newer and might have some odd defects the p226 had smoothed out) and then get an all black slide/lower frame.

So that, essentially, I'd end up with a black p226 but with silver levers and trigger/hammer. I know some of you may think that looks utterly retarded, but I honestly believe it'll look nice, and most importantly "unique."

Edited by th3kimster

He disassembles a bit further than necessary, but yes, you have to remove most of the goodies because the mag catch is held in place by the spring retainer piece, which is held in place by such and such, so on and so forth. It seems a bit overwhelming at first, but it's essentially just the removal of the hammer mech and trigger mech which are held in the frame by a couple of pins and screws. Look over those pics and review the parts diagram in your manual. Here are a few summaries of the disassembly process which might help:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...76entry455876

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...42entry751642

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...18entry800818

If you take your time, springs probably won't go flying, but try to work in an area where it would be easier to track them down should they do so. The likely candidates are the trigger bar spring (below right side grip), disconnector spring (left side of hammer mech), and slide lock spring (left side of trigger mech).

Edited by davedawg123