SIG Picture Thread

It's an Intellect 8.4v 1400mAh battery:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i..._srch_sig%20552

"Size is slightly larger than standard mini type batteries, modification required for Marui M4 RIS & SIG 552"

And you can take the tray out by removing the lower handguard, wher ethere should be 3 or 4 screws. Remove then and the tray should come right out.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks quite a bit like the one that I got off of Vicious a while back, I'm a big fan of the two-tone 226. Though I prefer it like mine where the controls are also silver. Wish I had a camera so there could be a comparison. Its not a huge change, but I think it adds something to it.

Sorry for interrupting this thread with my questions ;) , but I'm thinking about to buy a Guarder metal Slide and frame for my Sig. And all people who look at this thread has the required experiences.

What do you think is the quality of the Kit, compared with them from PGC oder Prime?

Thanks ahead!

I'm not speaking from personal experience, more word of mouth. But apparently (and unsuprisingly considering the price) the PGC and Prime kits are of much better quality. Out of those two I'm not sure which is best. But the guarder kit has it's place and is of reasonably good quality.

But if you have the money, then I'd say go with PGC, it seems to be the most popular. If you're skirmishing with you're P226 though, a guarder kit would probably be best because it wont hurt your wallet as much if you drop it. :)

The Guarder ones are not bad at all. It is pretty good quality and has full trademarks.

My gripes are that the finish isn't as good as the PGC/Prime, requires you to "planish" the blowback unit, and the frame is a wee bit too wide above the trigger area (doesn't affect performance, but the takedown lever on the right side isn't flushed with the frame). Also, it doesn't come in non-railed... bastards.

I say it's a matter of how much you willing to pay.

The PGC IS better in most aspects, but you get what you pay really. Also the PGC is milled where the guarder kit is cast.

For the price of the guarder, it is an excellent buy. I have had both ant there is marginal differences in them. I used to have trouble recognising which one was which!!

To be honest, if you have the money get a PGC, if you on a budget, the Guarder is absolutely fine for what it's worth.

Up to you..........

Guarder = cast = poor definition and sloppy tolerances (so performance IS affected)

PGC and Prime = CNC-milled aircraft grade aluminium = amazing finish and very precise fit

In a week or so I should have my Blackwater P226 up and running, complete with the authentic Altamont Blackwater grips :P

Its all in the post now, so my bank-breaking P226 will finally have the exterior that its guts deserve :D

Right now it has a stupid looking glittery Creation "silver" slide which is pathetic despite my best efforts to polish it back to a matte finish :(

As long as TMC get the finger out and send the grips soon so I can have the whole gun assembled by Xmas...

Of course, Blackwater are the left-wing medias Evil Corporate Enemy No. 1, which just makes it even sweeter ;)

I'll also be carrying a baton to beat any unfortunate orphans found around the skirmish sites :P

The stupid beavertail thing puts me off the Elite version. The logos look quite cool though and TMC have the SigSauer logo'd grips...

I'd have even gone for the silver version if I could get the actual Sigarms walnut grips. They are sweet!

Will post pics of course...

I just installed my new custom stippled and painted grips that RSP did up for me and decided that I needed to take a few pictures.

An important note about this gun is that it is currently waiting for the release of the new PGC X-Five kit. It was my first real GBB but it is getting rough around the edges. Still, the grips look better on a gun than off it.

tmp226colorleftvz5.jpg

tmp226colorrightgv9.jpg

tmp226colorlockednt2.jpg

Bits:

Action Custom Polished Slide

Action Outer Barrel (Black)

Proud 150% Recoil Spring

Proud 150% Hammer Spring

Custom Stippled and Painted Grips

Polished Take Down Lever, Decocker, Trigger, Slide Lock & Mag Catch

Black Krylon Paint On Slide

It's an Intellect 8.4v 1400mAh battery:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i..._srch_sig%20552

"Size is slightly larger than standard mini type batteries, modification required for Marui M4 RIS & SIG 552"

And you can take the tray out by removing the lower handguard, wher ethere should be 3 or 4 screws. Remove then and the tray should come right out.

also, if this is like the onlybatterypack custom 9.6v SIG battery, you'll need to remove your side rail and dremel down the raised parts on the inside of the handguard where the screws for it used to be

just got a new gemtech silencer for my 552, ill have to get some pictures up...

When is that X-Five kit due out? I might build a brand new stainless X-Five during the springtime if its realistic enough :)

My Blackwater kit got here just in time for Xmas but the Altamont grips are late :(

P.S. I used a r/s mainspring seat on my Sig well over a year ago and posted the info too...what gives with the "how-to" guide? Its easy! :huh:

Edited by PenGun