The shortage of Glock airsoft guns in the US

So I wanted to order a KWA g19 today through one of my bosses wholesale distributors. I went to their website to place an order but the gun was not on there, so I called them. They told me that at the start of the year Glock sued anyone selling the airsoft versions of their guns in the US. So to confirm this I called KWA USA and ended up speaking to the vp. He told me that they could no longer import any of their G series guns from Taiwan. I was shocked that Glock would do something like this even to replicas without trades. The vp of KWA told me that the G series was their biggest selling line of gbb's. So just for *suitcases* and giggles I called the Glock factory in Smyrna. I ended up getting through to one of the head guys at Glock and I asked him why they banned the sale of replica Glocks. He pretty much told me more or less that since nobody asked them before importing them so they shut it down. I asked him if they planed to license it out to an airsoft gun maker and he said they were thinking of getting into making the airsoft guns themselves. So from what I heard today, Glock airsoft guns will be hard to come by in the states....this sucks. I did end up finding a company that had some of them in their warehouse and for a sum of a little over $500 i bought 2-g18's, an od 17, a 23, 34, and 3-19's. So these are probably the last KWA Glocks I'll ever see new. Don't think I'll be selling these either, but the nice people at KWA will sell all of the parts to make any G series gun, you just have to assemble it yourself. Hooray loopholes!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame to hear it as I can't see the sale of AS Glocks affecting sales figures of the real thing

....and he said they were thinking of getting into making the airsoft guns themselves.....

If they're half as good as the rep the real ones have I might have to invest

edit:spelling

Correction - it should be the peak of rebranded quality. Let's face it, Glock's not gonna invest R&D money into airsoft.

True. They'll probably outsource to the most inexpensive company (KJW) and charge the most amount of money ever sought after for an AS Glock.

It's a damn good thing we could still buy KSC Glocks though. Especially now that some are coming with metal slides :P

It's a damn good thing we could still buy KSC Glocks though. Especially now that some are coming with metal slides :P

Any gun that looks like a Glock can not be imported into the country or sold within the country. The owner of Airsplat was sued and arrested for importing and selling KWA and KSC Glocks. You can order them from HK, but the chance of them getting to you is slim and if customs opens the box its none.

WCF - just wondering where you are getting your info from? Boss for AirSplat is still here roaming the halls :blink: Thanks for sharing the info on the KWA G models! AirSplat out.

Howdy do everyone! This is the owner checking in! :rolleyes: I have to say I'm very flattered and amused by this.

Although I must admit, I'm a little confused. We've never been sued by Glock and no one has been arrested. WCF, did you get this from Glock?

Come to think of it, I do know someone that was arrested earlier this year and sued for this sort of thing in the airsoft industry. But it wasn't me.... :rolleyes:

Anyway, WCF when you get the chance, please elaborate.

BTW, what he said about G replicas is true. I'm glad somoene out here is posting it, becuase for some reasons none of our customers believe us when we tell them it was discontinued. Of course, they're very upsset and take it out on us, but unforutunately, there really isn't anythign we can do. <_<

Does this affect only the US sale and distribution, or is it all over there world?

Our law system isn't retarded enough yet to allow this kinda stuff easily. Although theoretically possible, I don't see it happening ever. Remember that while our law might be strict in some areas, there also haven't been almost any bigger or smaller lisence related court cases for some time. Guess the market is small enough, as opposed to the USA market.

Ok to everybody on here and the guys at airsplat, I apologize for saying the owner of airsplat got arrested. Thats who I thought the boss told me but I guess I was wrong. That being said, I'm pretty sure that someone did get arrested I just cant remember who it was. I know it was the owner of a big airsoft retailer stateside just cant remember what company, any ideas guys?

Frankly, I'm looking at the positive on this. Maybe they can start making some other pistols that we've been looking for for the past few years. Like the XD (which is better than the Glock anyway) and a really good Five seveN (seeing as though TM is taking their own sweet time) or a skirmishable Browning High Power(we've only been asking about this for how many years now?) or a HK P7M8 or 13 (one of the best real steels I ever owned) or the Taurus PT 24/7 (especially their new special forces versions) or even S&W's new MP (lets get a good GBB now).

There's plenty for them to choose from and even if Glock gets into the airsoft market, I'll never buy it because of this.

Archived