Proper airsoft Zombie Hunter guns

Pablo

Well, my apologies for subverting your intended topic from the very start.

Not at all! Whether it turns out that what most people want is a double barrel shotgun or a bigass Minigun, I'm just interested in what people would like to find in a box labelled "Zombie Hunter Special Edition" - regardless of what it is.

It's a tough one I know, as there are so many variables - if you're being uber realistic, you have to consider where you are an what's likely to be available. If you're more into a fantasy situation where anything goes, you won't be quite so conservative. Then again, a lot of folks sit somewhere in the middle - choosing a realistic gun that'll do the job, regardless of whether you'd be likely to find one anywhere.

You could look at it from the perspective of "What kind of gun would I want in a Zombie hunting/survival situation?"

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So maybe if army made the carbine version of the SA80 they could sell it as a "Zombir killer", also put the front end of the zombie m4 (The new one mentioned in another thread made by echo1) so incase you have to do close quarters with the pesky zombats sorry zombies

I would really like one of these integrally suppressed AR57's

images573yy5.jpg

You could make it into a zombie gun by adding a folding stock, 2 flashlights, foregrip, and aimpoint.

2 flashlights would be one with lots of spread for lighting up rooms and one with lots of throw for seeing far.

for the US a single shot, or for the UK straight pull style AKM with the short mag, with the wood of the stock looking beaten, like its been used as a club on an over close zombie. some kind of homemade rail system, such as it being screwed onto the wooden hand guard instead of molded onto plastic ones. muzzle break replaced with an open mouthed skull, the rounds coming out of the mouth.

Personally, I find that full auto against the slow moving zombies that only go down after a headshot would be very useful.

You are fighting against many targets, and you need at least one bullet to the head for a kill. using a 2-3 burst would help you not have to aim as much. You got a couple rounds going through his head, that should be plenty to bring him down.

9mm, lacks the range I would want, a 5.45 would be nice, but in the US 5.56 ammo is easier to come by so 5.56 it is. I'm thinking MTAR-21 or a type 97. Long barrel in a small package. Basically a bullpup that uses 5.56 M16 magazines.

A RIS mount for scopes would be ideal, have a reflex sight/aimpoint on top and an optional zoom scope to put behind it for long range. Silencer on the front, a long one that silences the gun well and a short one in a pouch if you needed to go CQB and still muffle the report.

A shorty 12g shotgun, a small one like a M500 in a sheath somewhere on your person. Only to be used at very close range and to rip all of the head off each zombie. Remember, shotgun shells are much easier to get then 5.56 rifle rounds, sporting goods stores carry them sometimes even.

Then, a pistol, .45 1911 double stacker with bo-mar adjustable sights and threaded barrel for another silencer. From my understanding .45's are fairly easy to silence so that combined with the ease of getting more ammo and the knockdown power makes it a prime choice for me.

Then, a K-bar combat knife.

So basically a zombie killer rifle is a gun that uses ammo that is easy to come by, short with long barrel (bullpup.) has RIS on the side for a flash light has 14mm ccw threads and comes with 2 lengths of silencers.

A zombie killerpistol is a 9mm or .45 with 14mm ccw threads and comes with a silencer. RIS on the bottom for a flashlight and laser combo for easy night shooting.

A zombie killer shotgun is short, 12g, and has a sheath.

At least that's what I'm thinking. And any sharp pointy objects on the front would be nice too ^_^.

Ok, thinking along the lines of practicality and availability, I chose weapons that are durable, reliable, relatively common, and have relatively common ammunition. I think zombies are more likely to be either an epidemic of rabies, in which case the infected are easily frightened but still very aggressive and completely irrational, or some form of brain degeneration caused by some biological agent, that would make people into rash and violent creatures just looking for food. In either case they would probably attack each other as well, so massive hordes like in the movies aren't likely.

as for suitable weapons, I chose:

An M38 Mosin Nagant, or any Mosin with a carbine length barrel, with a simple sheetmetal striker fabricated and clamped to the muzzle (so if you get surprise cornered by zombies you have a blunt end you can smash them with, also useful for smashing through doors windows, etc), and with the rear of the stock removed so the back end of an AK receiver with a folding stock and pistol grip can be tack welded to the receiver of the Mosin, so it's lighter and more compact.

They are durable and reliable in all conditions, powerful and pretty accurate, and fire a hard hitting 7.62 round that can be quickly fed from 5rnd stripper clips. A carbine Mosin makes a huge muzzle blast, which would probably be pretty terrifying to most realistic zombies, and also good for setting things on fire. They can easily reach out to stupidly far ranges, any range at which you may see a zombie coming towards you or in your way is likey a possible shot.

Then a Ruger 10/22 with those 30 round mags and a red dot, because the 10/22 could be used to take down zombies from a good 50 yards away and the 30 round mags offer good capacity. You could easily carry a thousand 22lr rounds on your person at once, giving you plenty of ammo for all the infected animals and 50 yd headshots. You will never be able to not find .22lr ammo.

Of course an AK, preferably an AKMS or similar folding stock 7.62 variant (5.45 isn't nearly as common), also a .223 variant would be good. It would be the main carry weapon since it combines decent range with good firepower and reasonable accuracy. The ammo is everywhere so there should be no difficulty finding it. Again add a striker to the muzzle for smashing things, flashlight, red dot if you like but it might be wiser to just keep the iron sights for dependability and streamlining.

Put clamp-on ris rails on the guns for attaching a couple flashlights, so you can switch the flashlights around between guns. Wear an NCB suit if you can find/have one, gas mask, etc, so you don't get infected blood or air/water borne infection on/in you. Your best bet for a vehicle would be a 2 1/2 ton military truck (deuce and a half) with a multifuel turbodiesel, so you can burn just about any type of fuel, from alcohol, to 85octane, to vegetable oil. And of course drive over/through anything, so the zombies can't catch/reach you.

So I guess your zombie edition airsoft gun is an AK with the striker on the muzzle and a clamped on flashlight, and a Mosin Nagant carbine with a striker and folding stock rigged onto it. Or it could be a high capacity semi auto gas shotgun with a tri barrel system and a flashlight on it, and a striker on the muzzle, not as practical but pretty cool.

After reading everyone's posts, I revise my zombie killing devices.

"Combat" 10/22

A LOT of synthetic banana mags. Certain marked ones loaded with Magnum .22LR for taking out more difficult targets. Folding stock, pistol grip, self-made pulverizer on front for breaking stuff, plus an open reflex sight.

"Silent" 10/22

Many rotary mags. All loaded with Magnum .22LR. Dragunov type stock, silencer, X3 scope.

Use these as basic weapons for killing slow, mindless zombies.

For the above - I like this idea for anti-zombie combat. Small, light, large ammo capacity. Looks cool...

The Ruger 10/22 seems like an ideal base for an anti-zombie weapon for medium to short range. Small ammo means you can carry loads of it, large capacity magazines are available so you don't need to reload as often. It's a relatively simple mechanism, so easy to maintain and clean. If you adapt one for longer range use and one for closer work - shorten the barrel, maybe a folding stock, folding foregrip, etc - they can both share magazines, halving the amount you need to carry. Have both threaded for silencers.

You do not want a flashlight. Let your eyes adapt to the darkness, and you'll be able to see fine. A light can be seen from far, far further away then it will allow you to see. Some kind of NVGs would be great for indoor work - but you shouldn't rely on them.

Night is for sleeping, there's no advantage to moving or fighting at night when you're talking about zombies. Why throw away your advantage by operating in a more difficult situation?

Full auto just wastes ammunition. A single round to the head is more than adequate to put down a zombie, permanently. Accuracy goes straight out of the window with a full-auto burst, only the first shot will be on target. Thinking you can switch to auto and scythe across a row of zombie heads and kill them all is flawed - not all people are the same height, and so not all zombies are either. Any bullets that hit anything other than a zombie head are wasted.

Whoever suggested the carbine version of the SA80 - why? Let's get a weapon with only one thing going for it - long barrelled accuracy - and take that away by making the barrel shorter. You want the barrel to be as long as possible while keeping the gun ans short and light as possible, to make it as accurate as it can get. Having an intregal-silencer version of the SA80 would look ugly as hell, I expect, but would be a good idea.

Don't wear an NBC suit and gas mask, as it'll just lower your mobility and increase the amount of noise you make.

Who mentioned a weapon with a huge muzzle blast being terrifying to most zombies??? Do you not know what a zombie is? You can't frighten it, it doesn't feel fear, or pity, or remorse, or hate, or pain, or greed, or love, or in fact, anything at all. The zombie is a walking corpse, given a parody of life by the Solanum virus which kills an infected human, rearranges the brain of the corpse then reanimates the body as a vehicle to spread the infection by attacking those as yet uninfected. The zombie functions independantly of all the normal requirements for life, it doesn't need to breathe or eat for nutrition, it's heart doesn't beat to pump blood around its body, it can't be affect by poisions or chemicals. The *ONLY* way to stop it is to destroy the brain.

Where are all the fun posts? This is getting too serious (psst, zombies aren't real! :D), remember the topic of discussion is zombie outbreak related firearms that manufacturers can produce, there's no point in listing guns that already exist!

That one's shnazzy fishsquatch, good suggestion.

If we're being realistic here to the scenario; shotguns whereas impractical could just be the best thing for us quivering civilians who would be jumping at every shuffle in the dark of some abandoned building. Aimed headshots? Madness. I'll be running away!

Double Barreled Shotgun with 2 triple shot barrels! :flamed:

I like it! People do talk about the impracticality of such designs, but imagine the vast improvement of zombie dispatching capability a multi barrelled shotgun would provide to us!

I'm sure this could be modded to be handheld! A stubby HK GMG:

Grenade_launcher_Milipol_2003_01.jpg

Or if I happened to wander across one, yes please;

big_gun.jpg

zombie-kit.jpg

with an effective usage of 10 seconds? effective range of 20 feet? nope, you'd end up as zombie lunch in no time. give me a .22LR hunting rifle and a decent scope for long work and a high capacity pistol/smg for close up and personnal (anyone know the name of the smg that is .22 with the helical mags? cos that'd be perfect)

(psst, zombies aren't real! :D), remember the topic of discussion is zombie outbreak related firearms that manufacturers can produce, there's no point in listing guns that already exist!

1. Lies!

2. My thread, my rules. There's every point.

3. Muffins.

with an effective usage of 10 seconds? effective range of 20 feet? nope, you'd end up as zombie lunch in no time. give me a .22LR hunting rifle and a decent scope for long work and a high capacity pistol/smg for close up and personnal (anyone know the name of the smg that is .22 with the helical mags? cos that'd be perfect)

If you are stuck with crappy *albatross* propane fueled flame throwers, your range is ######. I am talking about the liquid fueled military grade flamethrowers. Those kinds go something like 80 meters. You might not get very long use out of it, but I can torch an entire horde in no time at all while you'd have to take them out one at a time with a rifle. Of course, I'd still want a pistol and/or Carbine with me for general use. But when it hits the fan, bring out the flamer, take them all out, and get the hell outta dodge.

Archived