Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

I have a post about this in the Technical section already, but I thought I'd ask here as well since if anyone will know the answer to this question you guys will...

With the exception of the slot cut in the right side behind the ejection port (for the charging handle to move back into) are the bodies on the Maruzen CA870 and the M1100 the same? I ask because I would like to fit a G&P Masterkey kit to a M1100 (then remote the gas tank to a PEQ box on my M4's RIS rail) but the body on the Masterkey kit is made for the CA870 & M870 and not the M1100.

So I'm wondering, if I were to cut a slot in the right side of the body behind the ejection port for the charging handle to move back into, would it be possible to fit the G&P M870/CA870 metal body to a Maruzen M1100?

Thanks and hopefully someone can help me out here! ^_^

Edited by Jin15

Thanks for the info on the M870 to M1100 receiver conversion guys! Good to know it can be done! :D

But... due to a somewhat limited budget and the fact that winter is coming soon here in Minnesota (and will stay for a good 7 months so) I decided to get a CA870 along with a G&P short front set to complete my Masterkey project. But when the spring comes next year you can bet your *albartroth* I'll be swapping out the C870 for a M1100 Revision!

Anyhoo, it'll be another week or so before all the stuff to finish my Masterkey project arrives but I'll be sure to post some pics here when my underbarrel shotgun is all finished ^_^

And Junior, that is one beautiful G&P! The only thing it really needs is some kind of tactical stock. I think the RS ATI one that RIXX is using would look especially nice on your 870!

I'm curious though, have you had a chance to open it up and look at the internals yet? I'd really like to know if G&P upgrades anything other than the spring inside their M870s. I'd think at 390 fps right out of the box they should at least have the spring guide upgraded too, but I've never talked to anyone who actually looked inside their G&P M870.

Edited by Jin15

Auroris, That SPAS Looks badass man!

And Junior, that is one beautiful G&P! The only thing it really needs is some kind of tactical stock. I think the RS ATI one that RIXX is using would look especially nice on your 870!

I'm curious though, have you had a chance to open it up and look at the internals yet? I'd really like to know if G&P upgrades anything other than the spring inside their M870s. I'd think at 390 fps right out of the box they should at least have the spring guide upgraded too, but I've never talked to anyone who actually looked inside their G&P M870.

Thanks man. I'm actually looking for a full stock for it. I was thinking about this G&P stock: Here, but I don't like the fact that it covers the nice Remington Trades...

I haven't had a chance to open it up yet but I do have another M870 Shorty coming in that I'm going be upgrading. I'll let you know what I find out...

Thanks man. I'm actually looking for a full stock for it. I was thinking about this G&P stock: Here, but I don't like the fact that it covers the nice Remington Trades...

I haven't had a chance to open it up yet but I do have another M870 Shorty coming in that I'm going be upgrading. I'll let you know what I find out...

That EBR stock would look really nice with the Surefire replica forend I'm sure, but maaan would it be heavy :lol:

What I'd really like to find is one of these G&P "Beast" type bodies with the top rail. ---> http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=1837

I've looked everywhere but I've only found them in stock on one japanese site and I saw no indication of them shipping to the US.

But yeah, I'll be really curious to see what the internals look like compared to a stock CA870. I'm hoping G&P had the common sense to upgrade more than the spring to push the shotgun up to the 400 fps area.

And oh yeah, speaking of heavy things, I'm tired of waiting for my G&P short CA870 magazine to show up in the mail from eHobbyAsia so I'm just going to go ahead and post some pics of my finished project sans magazine.

Here you go, G&P Masterkey goodness in all it's glory ;)

DSC00001Full-1.jpg

DSC00006Full-1.jpg

G&P M4A1

- Maruzen CA870 Sawed Off

- G&P Masterkey Kit

- G&P Short CA870 Front Set

- G&P Short CA870 Magazine

- G&P SNS Metal Body

- G&P Ambi Mag Catch

- G&P KAC Sniper Type Trigger Guard

- G&P PRI Front Sight

- ICS KAC 300m Rear Sight

- eBayBanned CASV

- King Arms G27 Grip

- King Arms VLTOR Style Flashider (14mm+)

- Classic Army Full Stock (gearbox re-wired to rear for full stock)

- Echo1 1 Point Full Stock Sling Mount

- HurricanE EOTech 551 Replica

- G&G 79rd Magazine w/ Magpul PTS Ranger Plate

I'll have some more pics and closeups of the details once my G&P short CA870 mag arrives to complete it.

I can say straight off though that the Remington trademarks on the Masterkey receiver are without a doubt the best looking trademarks I've ever seen on an airsoft gun. Absolutely perfect and beautiful.

And oh yeah, as funny as this may sound (since I just completed this rifle) I'm actually considering selling it. The reason being that it's waaaay heavier than I thought it would be... like A&K/CA M249 weight, seriously. Since I'm a very small guy I honestly can't see myself lugging this rifle around in a skirmish for more than a few minutes without being totally exhausted.

So yeah, if anyone is interested in it I'm looking for about $650 + shipping for the whole setup with 2 batteries but the HurricanE EOTech will not be included. ^_^

Edited by Jin15