Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually RustOleum  camo paints will dry to the touch in just a couple of minutes, same as Krylon... Also everyone tells me that you can get Krylon at Wal-mart and Home Depot, but I have yet to see it their...

Ah, I forgot Rust-Oleum made camo paints. Most of their paints take forever and a day to dry, so I based my data on that. :unsure:

Bad photo's I know but I'll get some more when it's day light. I just wanted to post this cheapo AEP up as an example of one I did tonight with Tamiya Olive Drab 2. It onlt took an hour for the whole process and it's dry as well.

selltheoldrory017tk5.jpg

selltheoldrory018wq0.jpg

selltheoldrory019lc3.jpg

I use a cheap JLS AEP as I only take it out the holster 1 in three skirmishes and it's locked to full auto for those "oh sh*t!" situations.

Eggy

Question.

I *fruitcage*ed up on a paint job, and took a sander and sanded everything down, and now I'm getting these little bubbles and roughness all over... Should I just sand over this with a high grit once it dries? Has anyone found a good way to recover from a *suitcasey* paint job on a plastic body?

Edited by Miker
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn camera I borrowed to take pics of my M14 doesnt work! :angry:

So Im bored... so Im giving you some pics of some of my favourite painted guns:

(NOte: all of these are RS)

rem700dmlighttactjf2.jpg

By chasinho at 2007-09-05

m14sasmall1jj8.jpg

By chasinho, shot with C200Z,D510Z at 2007-09-05

defender4yj0.jpg

By chasinho, shot with KODAK EASYSHARE CX6200 DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-09-05

3324348ts1146983111680ke1.jpg

By chasinho at 2007-09-05

withspringfieldm1arickmot3.jpg

By chasinho, shot with FinePix A203 at 2007-09-05

ae2qe8.jpg

By chasinho, shot with KODAK EASYSHARE CX6200 DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-09-05

Hope these inspire someone and see similar pieces of artwork ;)

Edited by Pablo: Chas has asked me to add that these were not painted by him, nor did he take the pictures.

Some people are posting huge images in the forums and to be honest its not really needed, a universal agreed size on many forums is 800x600 for several reasons,

We can actually see the whole image

People with slower Internet connections have a chance of actually seeing the thread.

Cuts down on the weight on the forums.

rambo11, that's for you ;) It throws the whole page out of whack

I actually quite like that USP, and no, I don't know why. Nice paint jobs chas :) Done by you, or..? Oh, can anyone recommend a spray on gloss varnish?

:zorro: