WW2 Kit Discussion

PrivateCobb

Sorry to say this, and I don't mean to cause offence, but post war camo simply doesn't cut it. Cap shape doesn't work either.

The look is too soft, simply put, it doesn't look Blitzkrieg, or should I say retreatkrieg, if you know what I mean.

I'm a fussy so and so.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mid-Atlantic Air Museum you say? My units one of the units building the Village there. It's a great place too bad not to many planes have made it over the last couple years. Crazy weather...

I here the Gunny's going to be back again this year...

I've been browsing the thread and looking at the Loadouts and they're pretty impressive. Lets see what you think of mine.

Kit photos

dsc00177bz2.jpg

dsc00178ai0.jpg

dsc00179aw5.jpg

dsc00180tx6.jpg

dsc00195fq2.jpg

Let me know what you think, any yes i know i haven't got my sergeant stripes sewn on and the airborne had their pockets absolutely stuffed, i know, any criticism is much appreciated. :)

Thanks guys.

Although it is a few days late I though it would be worthwhile to post that Lt. Col. Ronald Speirs passed away suddenly on April 11, 2007. It is sad to see the death of such a fine soldier and an American hero. May our hearts go out to his family.

Hi guys, I'm looking for a hand answering a question for my mother and I was wondering if you can help?

"What are some symbols used by the British army during World War 2 particularly ones involving arrows?"

I may be wrong but wasn't this a patch For AA batteries in the RA?

Well all war dept kit has a crows foot arrow on it (in a C for canadian and a D for australian etc)which indicates its official kit, but i'm guessing thats not what you meant.

The recconaisance corp used a spear flanked by 2 lightning bolts as a cap badge, it looks a bit liek an arrow..

Anti aircraft command had formation patch of a black arm drawing a black bow and arrow on a red square patch.

hope that helps

Archived