WW2 Kit Discussion

PrivateCobb

thanks to all

yeah i know its not 100% accurate, i thought already about buying a real garand stock and moding it to fit, but that would be a real pita

but i'm happy with the way it turned out, and didn't cost me too much

most important is that its a reliable aeg now, that can be skirmished even when its cold :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks =)

nope will cut m14 mags to fit inside the magwell

they will be more or less visible, depending on how much they are cut

but m14 mags can be used, it just looks strange :blink:

You could just say that its a beretta BM-59.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as54-e.htm

Basically, the BM59 can be described as re-chambered M1 Garand, with addition of the removable 20 rounds magazine and select fire trigger. Another addition was a flash-hider of NATO-standard diameter, which also served as a rifle grenade launcher.
Oh for anyone that criticized overseas suppliers of tunics I just want to say that Lost Battalions tunics are coming from a Supplier in India called Replicators. Actually they supply several of the American companies with Tunics.

[...]

Thats a picture of Replicators Tunic. Notice that amazing Similarity? It's the same photo...

1944 Militaria, Lost Battalions, Quartermaster Militaria and Trident Military all get their tunics from India. I'm not trying to bash these companies or anything. Drew Zigo is a great vendor whom I've met in person and I've very seldom heard anyone complain about the other Vendors but I'm sick of hearing that Over seas Tunics are lesser quality than ones American vendors are selling.

Actually Replicators just steal pictures off other websites, and use as their own.

As for using veterans to jugde authentency; We had a SS veteran some weeks ago to talk about his experiences during the war (1941-1945, ended the war in Berlin). We had some of our equipment present to show him. When he saw the MG34 he asked "what is that? I don't recognice that one."

But who can blame him? more than 60 years behind them, who would care about number of buttons on their jacket, or colour of tread used to sew it :)

Btw. Nice westgerman paradeboots on the person the medics are attending ;)

Actually Replicators just steal pictures off other websites, and use as their own.

As for using veterans to jugde authentency; We had a SS veteran some weeks ago to talk about his experiences during the war (1941-1945, ended the war in Berlin). We had some of our equipment present to show him. When he saw the MG34 he asked "what is that? I don't recognize that one."

But who can blame him? more than 60 years behind them, who would care about number of buttons on their jacket, or colour of tread used to sew it :)

Btw. Nice westgerman paradeboots on the person the medics are attending ;)

LOLs. ###### off. Your argument is made of Fail and Irony. I never said anything about Vet's being judges of Accuracy. The picture of Herr Ecke was in Modern Civilian clothes attending a Memorial for fallen Grossdeutschland Soldaten in Germany. As for Replicators stealing pictures from Lost Battalions I'll simply say that you have no proof. Replicators informed my Father, after he made a purchase with them, that they supply a lot of companies with Tunics. Why the *fruitcage* would they say that after he had already purchased one of their tunics? And if you had ever compared the two works instead of getting an E-peen hardon for pictures of this stuff you'd understand completely and wholly the flaws in your argument. Now if you'd like to take your Elitist ideology somewhere else I'd greatly appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
my custom garand is finished :)

built it myself, base was a china m14

inspired by AussyMurphy

garandwc4.jpg

sorry for the bad quality pic

you could have save yourself the trouble and got one from a guy on one of the re-enactors server, he uses real steel parts along with a tm, agm or g&g M14 to make the conversion.

i want one myself. but i cant afford it quite yet.

why "save trouble" maybe i wanted to make it myself

ok, first i wanted to buy one, but after some mails when i finaly had the money, i wrote again and didnt get any reply...so is searched up rs parts (like the guy you mention) and after some trial and error a bit brain storming i managed it to make me one too

well and that for 1/4 of the price he wants ;)

i didnt know exactly how he did his conversion, so i didnt really "steal" his idea i think

and of course he didnt want to tell me how he did it (and i understand that totally)

in the end im happy how it turned out and that i didnt buy the kit or gun from him

i did it my way :D

And some more pics from the last game.

Our next game is 'Projekt Wotan' a battle to discover a secret german wonder weapon being worked on in an underground lab.

www.ww2airsoft.org.uk

I'd urge all UK wwii airsofters (or those abroad wishing to visit us) to join our site, we run at least four high quality events a year and support and sponsor other uk

events.

DSCF0856.jpg

DSCF2608.jpg

churchillsrevengejune20st4.jpg

ChurchillsRevengeJune2007019.jpg

ChurchillsRevengeJune2007043.jpg

Archived