WW2 Kit Discussion

PrivateCobb

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I don't have any photos of airsoft WW2 stuf, but I am a real reenactor (by "real" I mean real firearms with blanks...the manistream reenacting hobby). Does that count?

Here are a couple of photos of me at an event two weeks ago. I'm wearing my Heer (German army) uniform and as I was out of 9mm blanks and wanted to portray a typical grunt I'm toting my Kar98k rather than my MP40.

(please no fat jokes or comments about being a "farb". Keep in mind that I've lost almost 100 pounds in the last year or so, so it could be alot worse.)

martyheer.jpg

Ignore the red rag I have tucked in my belt. I had a blow out in my helmet liner that I have still not repaired and was using it as a helmet pad. Also, do not be distracted by the VW thing in the background trying to look like a kubelwagon. Suffice to say it's not mine.

martyheer2.jpg

And a few hours later after some heavy action (note the empty pouches on my left magazine pouch...I leave them open when I empty them so as not to find myself fumbling for ammo in an empty pouch while under fire.). I was calling for help on that field phone and just a few minutes later the Allies over-ran the OP and killed us all.

ignore the fact that my cap flap is twisted at an odd angle....

Marty019.jpg

finally, just to be fair, some of the bastards that over-ran our position and the main reason they were able to do so with ease. What I would have given for a panzerfaust!

"Trench Raider"

Who also has a Waffen SS impression and is putting the finishing touches on an Afrika Korps uniform....

Ok, I don't have any photos of airsoft WW2 stuf, but I am a real reenactor (by "real" I mean real firearms with blanks...the manistream reenacting hobby).  Does that count?

Here are a couple of photos of me at an event two weeks ago.  I'm wearing my Heer (German army) uniform and as I was out of 9mm blanks and wanted to portray a typical grunt I'm toting my Kar98k rather than my MP40.

(please no fat jokes or comments about being a "farb".  Keep in mind that I've lost almost 100 pounds in the last year or so, so it could be alot worse.)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/tre...r/martyheer.jpg[/img]

Ignore the red rag I have tucked in my belt.  I had a blow out in my helmet liner that I have still not repaired and was using it as a helmet pad.  Also, do not be distracted by the VW thing in the background trying to look like a kubelwagon.  Suffice to say it's not mine.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/tre.../martyheer2.jpg[/img]

And a few hours later after some heavy action (note the empty pouches on my left magazine pouch...I leave them open when I empty them so as not to find myself fumbling for ammo in an empty pouch while under fire.).  I was calling for help on that field phone and just a few minutes later the Allies over-ran the OP and killed us all.

ignore the fact that my cap flap is twisted at an odd angle....

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/tre...er/Marty019.jpg[/img]

finally, just to be fair, some of the bastards that over-ran our position and the main reason they were able to do so with ease.  What I would have given for a panzerfaust!

"Trench Raider"

Who also has a Waffen SS impression and is putting the finishing touches on an Afrika Korps uniform....

Thats pretty awesome. I do Sani with the Seventh GD on the east coast. I think the VW Thing is pretty interesting. My Dad bought one for 600 bucks and looked at actually redoing the Thing. As for a Panzerfaust I've got one sitting in my room right now. I'm still debating what to use to make the head but I've got the internals sorted out. Of course I finally get the internals working to find out theres going to be a Tiger at the next big event giving us some cover, at least thats what we've been told.

Thats pretty awesome. I do Sani with the Seventh GD on the east coast. I think the VW Thing is pretty interesting. My Dad bought one for 600 bucks and looked at actually redoing the Thing. As for a Panzerfaust I've got one sitting in my room right now. I'm still debating what to use to make the head but I've got the internals sorted out. Of course I finally get the internals working to find out theres going to be a Tiger at the next big event giving us some cover, at least thats what we've been told.

Did you make it yourself?

If so...the body of a panzerfaust seems pretty easy...just get a PVC pipe, but how did you do the 'fist'/rocket part of it?

I was thinking about getting 2 funnels.

exerlent photo's all round , this might be in the wrong place (if so mods feel free to move) does any 1 posting in here have photos of either alamo scout's or info from 6th army in the pacific as i am thinking of starting a loadout based around the alamo scouts , as it would be something a little different than most loadouts

Did you make it yourself?

If so...the body of a panzerfaust seems pretty easy...just get a PVC pipe, but how did you do the 'fist'/rocket part of it?

I was thinking about getting 2 funnels.

Actually its all metal. I didn't make it I got it from a friend in my unit that get frustrated with the old potato gun style monstrosity he was building. i just put a rocket motor igniter in the squeeze grip so when I pull it down it'll fire. I'm thinking I'll get a mold made of one of the other guys model Faust's heads then make them out of that expanding foam the use in home insulation around doors and stuff. Since its fireproof and I'm using rocket motors I figured it would be the safest thing I could use.

As for German/ American Repro Uniforms check out this seller on eBay.

eBay Seller

His uniforms are superb and shipping is fast. Don't let the fact that he's in Hong Kong deter you. Most of his Uniform sets(Pants and Jacket) are around 130-150 shipped and he's constantly coming out with new designs too.

comparison3.jpg

Here is a collection of M1 garand AEGs that I converted from various makes of M-14 base guns. Airsoft Club, Marui and Double Eagle

34left.jpg

I use components from actual M1 garands and cut the existing M-14 low cap magazines down to 12 round capacity.

ABGarand.jpg

The guns of course don't look perfect but they come out pretty nice and finally make available to WW2 airsoft players a skirmishable and reliable version of the M1 Garand.

I have built 28 of them so far in both finished guns starting at $560.00 for the Double eagle based guns. $750.00 for a Marui and $950.00 for a fully customized upgraded G&G

I also sell kits for $350.00 that provide all the components needed to convert your own M-14 in about 2 to 3 hours. The kit includes fill instruction and the bracketry and materials for the conversion. www.hooahairsoft@gmail.com I have shipped them all over the world. England, Sweden, Spain, Russia and of course the US.

comparison3.jpg

Here is a collection of M1 garand AEGs that I converted from various makes of M-14 base guns.  Airsoft Club, Marui and Double Eagle

I use components from actual M1 garands and cut the existing M-14 low cap magazines down to 12 round capacity.

The guns of course don't look perfect but they come out pretty nice and finally make available to WW2 airsoft players a skirmishable and reliable version of the M1 Garand.

I have built 28 of them so far in both finished guns starting at $560.00 for the Double eagle based guns.  $750.00 for a Marui and $950.00 for a fully customized upgraded G&G

I also sell kits for $350.00 that provide all the components needed to convert your own M-14 in about 2 to 3 hours.  The kit includes fill instruction and the bracketry and materials for the conversion.  www.hooahairsoft@gmail.com  I have shipped them all over the world.  England, Sweden, Spain, Russia and of course the US.

Tyler,

Question- Are you John D Robison's son? Because I know that he in fact is the originator/designer/builder of these replicas. And after he told me tonight that he doesn't have access to Arnies, and then I saw this post, well as you can imagine, I am curious.

Slainte!

-G

They're still being produced you know. It would be a trajedy to mark up a WWII era weapon for airsoft, but not a 2000 production peice.

Agreed- A Panther or Sherman tank- now that is a irreplaceable piece of history- Garands while valuable are still pretty available for purchase.

And oh yeah, Tyler- your Dad says to be sure to take out the trash this afternoon ;)

-G

Archived