WW2 Kit Discussion

PrivateCobb

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see your point but with only 2 wwii period weapons readily available and the fact its airsofters we use a counts as rule. We allow ak47s as stg44s, m14s as garands, any bolt action as a k98 or enfield etc.

Having a 600 rounds on you at any one time ammo limit means that peopel play more selectivley too so you have a lot less full auto mania.

Most peopel came in totally wwii gear to be honest especially on the axis side.

The guys in civvies were dutch resistance.

It was great day.

Here are the last two batches of Garands that got shipped . Of the last seven three went to the UK and one to Spain, Finland and France so Europe lately has been a popular destination.

3gunsrear.jpg

They seel for $560.00 plus shipping for the AGM Chinese based guns and $750.00 for the Marui based guns. The buyer can choose the shade of stock wood they'd like from Dark Walnut to Blonde finish and the finish they'd like on the metal from Flat black new replacement to artificially weathered mixed metal finishes.

grows4.jpg

You can get information at Hooahairsoft@gmail.com. It is just a part time deal but they have sold 68 finished rifles currently. He also makes a Springfield bolt action and a Kar89 using real wood stocks and parts.

34Top03.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New Brandenburg Commando '44 impression.

(i know the trousers are post war, i'm waiting on splinter ones to arrive, i'm also very aware that an m36 tunic would be 8rare* by 44 but i know its not impossible as old stocks could stil be used)

gadge02.jpg

gadge01.jpg

gadge03.jpg

I'm going for an alte kampfer look as at my age (32) being a obergefreiter with an old pattern tunic and 'kreta' and 'afrika' (afrika onthe way too) titles for Brandenburger is pretty feasible.

I dont know if i'll go to the hassle of altering the tunic for whats essentially and airsoft only outfit but i do agree with you for authenticity.

Same with jack boots, incredibly rare by 44 for look more archetypal for an airsoft impression (note i'm wearing short engineer boots there, jackboots again on route!)

I'm going for an alte kampfer look as at my age (32)  being a obergefreiter with an old pattern tunic and 'kreta' and 'afrika' (afrika onthe way too)  titles for Brandenburger is pretty feasible.

I dont know if i'll go to the hassle of altering the tunic for whats essentially and airsoft only outfit but i do agree with you for authenticity.

Same with jack boots, incredibly rare by 44 for look more archetypal for an airsoft impression (note i'm wearing short engineer boots there, jackboots again on route!)

I thought they looked short. Have you looked at Canadian Army boots? They're very close to the look and at the price they aren't bad for airsoft. It's what most of my WWII unit wears in the field now that they have a supplier.

Just out of curiosity who made your tunic?

For airsofting i urban i'll wear uk issue jungle boots with gaiters around the ankle , same as i do for uk airborne (farby as hell but better than a twisted ankle and with awesome grip).

I've a pair of jackboots on order for woodland games wear screeching about on hobnails is less of an issue.

Tunic is from Spearhead militaria on ebay, no idea of the manufacturer, its not amazing quality (very thin compared to my real uk battledress serge) but again its purley for gaming in so i'm ok with that. I dont intend to do axis for re-enactment as i cant really afford the expense of being accurate down to my underwear as i am for my uk airborne and chindit impressions :)

I' sort of after 'looks right from ten metres away' :)

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/24...t=entertainment

LOL the only picture of me from the airshow. I'm the guy with the big snipers target, err, Red Cross Helmet.

Both my Canteen straps broke when I slid behind the building with the strechter out trying to get to the wounded guy. That's why they're all buggered.

ww2_3s.jpg

My WW2 82nd. Airborne gear. TM Thompson w/ CAW woodkit, replica M1942 jumpsuit, Dutch M1 helmet w/ real net and burlap, M1936 belt, M1945 suspenders, Grease gun 3 mag pouch, M1956 .45cal pouch, 1943 dated M1911 holster, 1942 dated 1st. aid pouch, 1945 dated canteent and M1910 cover a trouser belt.

Not pictured is my TM M1911A1 w/ PGC metal kit and Guarder steel parts.

Rambow5.jpg

Medics and what not.

Buzdugan13.jpg

When our unit Commander was showing pictures to German Vets they got to a picture of this man and the Vets told them to go back. They glared at the picture for a few seconds and went "Now that is a German soldier." That man was a member of the Bundeswehr that joined out unit when he came to America. lol

Oh for anyone that criticized overseas suppliers of tunics I just want to say that Lost Battalions tunics are coming from a Supplier in India called Replicators. Actually they supply several of the American companies with Tunics.

Pics or it didn't happen right?

LBM1943.jpg

Thats a picture of Lost Battalions Tunic

ReplicatorsM1943.jpg

Thats a picture of Replicators Tunic. Notice that amazing Similarity? It's the same photo...

1944 Militaria, Lost Battalions, Quartermaster Militaria and Trident Military all get their tunics from India. I'm not trying to bash these companies or anything. Drew Zigo is a great vendor whom I've met in person and I've very seldom heard anyone complain about the other Vendors but I'm sick of hearing that Over seas Tunics are lesser quality than ones American vendors are selling.

Archived