PrivateCobb

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice Yith, saw these on UKAN as well (if your the same bloke, if not you might be wanting to know that you have an identical twin :P )

How hard is the 1928 barrel and reciever to fit to the thompson? Also you thought about getting the forward grip for it as well, or did you buy both and decided you didn't like the grip?

Cheers

Vicks

heh.. yeah I've been sort of spamming the various forums with the pics...

Sorry... but I'm so pleased with this look! :)

Fitting the barrel and reciever wasn't too hard at all... I needed to sand the barrel down where it fitted into the receiver (same with the foregrip support bar) and use some silicon grease to get it in... Oh and a rubber mallet... very important that one.

But other than that no mods needed and it fits wonderfully... Its really strong as well!

I am going to get the vertical foregrip for it... But whether I'll use it that much I don't know. It really just depends on what I feel like.

As you can see from the pic I don't even use the foregrip that is already there... it just seems a long way for my arms to reach and I soon get tired. I pretty much have this problem with all my guns.

Well it's a very nice loadout, so i don't blame you for spamming :P:D

I always thought the kit would be harder to fit so thought i would be to kack handed to fit it, but i might look into getting one now.

I know what your saying about the foregrip, it seems really far away from me when i shoulder the thompson, that stock is just so odd but its fine when firing from the hip.

It is a quite scary thought that the £250 worth of custom parts you've just bought could be scratched to **** when you fit them... or you fit them wrong (etc).

My advice.. think carefully before actually fitting it... and take your time. You don't want to rush and ruin it!

Once you've hammered (malleted?) the foregrip support rod in there'll be no getting it or the barrel out again... ever! So do it right first time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived