Initial Impressions of the TM SOPMOD M4 AEG

For those who have built L119a1s, which brand CAR stocks are you running? I can get a complete CAR stock and RE kit for a real AR for around $50 but I'm unsure of how it will fit on the SOCOM's receiver extension. Build plan has changed yet again, now I'm going to run a clone M500 lighted fore-end and a CAR stock with a chopped rear sight and Comp2 Aimpoint for kind of an old school-ish look.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While fiddling about with my SOCOM recently I noticed an expected benefit of using a Magpul MIAD grip. The swappable backstrap means you only need to remove the pistol grip base to get access to the a

Oh PureSilver, you do spoil me rotten sometimes.   PureSilver dropped half his SOPMOD off with me last weekend with some new goodies to install. Before we continue, you should note that the gun had

Posted Images

I`ve run both CA an G&P stocks for my L119A1 builds. Both works very well, slightly less wobble with the CA stocks. Very interesting to see how they will work with the ARS buffer tube.

Placed the order with Echigoya today. Within an hour I received shipment confirmation an tracking number. Way to go!!! :busted_blue: :busted_blue:

Since we're on the subject; is anyone able to tell me if I can simply use any M4 stock on my sopmod? Ignoring the battery for a second, since I would rewire that.

I hate the cheap feeling plastic used on the standard TM crane stock (is the voltor any better?), and was looking at maybe going for a Magpul PTS ACS BUTT stock, and wiring a deans connector inside for the battery.

Thanks.

i know what you mean. I simply dont understand why they are so terrible when it comes to materials, heavyweight ABS and polymer have been in airsoft for donkey's but TM still use the Fisher Price plastic, squeaky, creaky and usually ill-fitting.

Still, it's a minor niggle really when the gun's so damn hot :)

I am interested also however in whether or not the VLTOR stock shows an increase in quality? anyone with a cqbr or had experience with both stocks?

ta.

Since we're on the subject; is anyone able to tell me if I can simply use any M4 stock on my sopmod? Ignoring the battery for a second, since I would rewire that.

I hate the cheap feeling plastic used on the standard TM crane stock (is the voltor any better?), and was looking at maybe going for a Magpul PTS ACS BUTT stock, and wiring a deans connector inside for the battery.

Thanks.

VLTOR stock feels about the same and to my understanding any Airsoft m4 stock that would fit a standard TM should work

Anyone had any trouble with sopmod batteries getting hot?

First battery I charged was fine, was a bit hot to the touch but as I noticed, the light turned green so I took no notice. I've since charged 2 more batteries and I haven't dared leave them on long enough to fully charge as they have gotten really rather hot. Was I lucky the first time that I didn't cause damage to the battery? Do they always get hot when close to full charge?

The charger is a simple LED indicator one ie Red = Charging, Green = Charged.

It is currently set to 8.4v and 1000ma, changing down to 500ma didnt seem to affect the temperature.

ta.

I'd probably sell it all for like $120 shipped and I'd take tons of pictures first to show the condition. It all depends on if I can't find a buyer who wants all of the mods installed.

As for what's next, I'm looking at going GBBR for that added realism and recoil kick. Part of me says to keep this gun and just buy a GBBR, but my fiancée would not agree with that side of me haha. Plus I know that I'd probably never use the TM much at all if I bought a GBBR.

Edited by akiraspeedstar

That looks awesome Druid! What length barrel you using in there? I tried using a 455mm inner and wasn't happy with it, I think the length of the barrel was causing compression issues and I think it would have needed a new cylinder or some modding to the OEM one.

Still, awesome looking gun there! What's the accuracy like?

Well I'm officially no longer a sopmod owner, sold it all to a buyer for $1100, a UTG sniper rifle, and two WE 1911s. I don't care much about the extra guns, but I'm happy I found a buyer who was willing to pay most of what I paid.

Also would anyone want to buy a Kobayashi Torque up motor? Read one of my previous posts for a review. $50 shipped to the US, will have to see how much shipping would be for outside the US, though the $50 shipped would probably still stand.

That looks awesome Druid! What length barrel you using in there? I tried using a 455mm inner and wasn't happy with it, I think the length of the barrel was causing compression issues and I think it would have needed a new cylinder or some modding to the OEM one.

Still, awesome looking gun there! What's the accuracy like?

Cheers mate , it's a 469mm 6.03 inner barrel . The problems you were having could it have been eny thing else you can think off ? reason i ask is I'm a bit sceptical about compression issues in sopmods due to barrel lenth , the two other people who I know have stuck longer barrels on there's have had no problems and I've had nothing but good results from mine (FPS is up , stock TM M4 barrel set is giving out 340 no hop , 324 with hop and with the longer barrel set 360 no hop 342FPS with hop ) accuracy wise I'm still 'bedding it in' but on .25s the range is walking out very nicely , haven't tried it at a scurmish yet but in my back garden which is 42m long theres a 7ft block wall at the end with a red house brick slap bang in the middle (very usful for accuracy testing!) and I'm consistently hitting it with single and auto fire so looking good to me .

Edited by druid799

Well I'm officially no longer a sopmod owner, sold it all to a buyer for $1100, a UTG sniper rifle, and two WE 1911s. I don't care much about the extra guns, but I'm happy I found a buyer who was willing to pay most of what I paid.

Also would anyone want to buy a Kobayashi Torque up motor? Read one of my previous posts for a review. $50 shipped to the US, will have to see how much shipping would be for outside the US, though the $50 shipped would probably still stand.

I`ll take the motor if it`s still up for grabs. Pm sent.