Special Forces Civilian/PMC Loadouts

Misfit

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cheers though unfortunately while the length of the leg isnt so much of an issue, i fit a 29-30 its the length down that the knee occurs, on most bdus its roughly a 60% thigh and 50% lower leg position however my legs are 30-35% thigh and 65-75% lower leg (retarded i know)so thats where i suffer. looks like i might have to stick with normal bdu pants (my dreams are over :( )

cheers again for the help though

millest

Well Crye's kneepads are designed to ride slightly lower than your knee when loose-ish so when you take a knee they will come up onto your knee. If you tighten them down on your knee they should stay on your knee and the ankle will ride up instead.

If that makes sense.

Mine are a short length and they are very long on me, I'm ~5'8.

You can also email sales and tell them your issue and ask for the length from waist to knee for your specific size.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what I rocked in the rain not too long ago:

P1020194.jpg

Gear-wise there's nothing too exciting:

-Oakley half-jacket

-ACM swimmer headset

-Eagle 3-mag chest rig

-2x ATS vertical GP

-TT modular small radio

-TAG shingle

-HSGI double pistol mag

-Condor (?) pistol belt

-HSS roly-poly dumper

-Blackhawk! SERPA CQC

-HSS Desert Storm kneepads

-Merrell MOAB Mid XCR Gore-Tex

-Echo1/CYMA RPK

-Marui Five seveN

People protect their eyes, really, I dont know why, so, if they protect their hability to actually see, why not protecting their hability to actually... walk? dry.gif

Be a battlefield or airsoft field, everybody should protect their articulations, even knees(go figure), to each his own but my kneepads will allways be in their rightful place, my knees

LOL, I knew some rocket scientist would be willing to explain what kneepads are intended for... (sarcasm intended) :rolleyes:

I'll try to explain:

A- You are more likely to find pictures of either guild without pads than with them on (and they will probably wear just one, strong-side). This also applies to CP's fancy bionic pants.

B- Neither "mixing with friendly locals" (aka Psy-Ops) nor "protecting VIPS/convoys" suggest the need -nor the practicality- of wearing pads.

C- What we do at skirmishes has little to do with what the people on the thread title do. I mean, we don't hike/patrol nor ride vehicles for long periods, and they don't jump around like headless chickens...

D- I sometimes wear kneepads myself :)

The fact that something is 'great' does not mean that the real operators use it. Riot shields are 'great', but neither Special Forces nor PMCs are known to use them on a regular basis. Flecktarn is a 'great' camo pattern but you will fail at your SEAL impression if you wear it... see my point?

Hunk: You would look better without them, really.

Fatal: Would you please illustrate us with an example of when a PMC might have to -or be legally endorsed to- kick a door down?

Don't get angry ;)

Archived